1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Calling a white man a cracker is not nearly the same thing as calling a black man the n-word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If you're invoking our countries history as an argument you are sadly unaware of its full history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I feel like the point that MG is missing is that he is lucky that MR wasn't seriously, or permanently, injured.

It doesn't matter what was said to you during the game if your reaction is committing a crime, because swinging a helmet at another players head isn't a part of football.

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I dont try to soften blows for what route folks take, nor the specific words they say which they feel justifiably matters in regards to whomever they feel is most justified to rant from their current corner be it one party or the other sir. Feelings towards certain things matter to folks... As a white man, I find it offensive. Does it matter to me personally? No! Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Absolutely!

Name calling is name calling and it's caused quite a bit of chaos throughout history. I don't give precedent to one word over another if it's ultimate goal is to demean.

What's happening in regards to this story is an agenda driven parade that involves nobody of any real importance to date, just a 1st round draft pick on a perennial losing team vs a 3rd round drafted QB who himself has accomplished zilch in all honesty in a contest of division rivals where the winning teams stud sh!t the bed and lost his cool and had to scurry to justify his lack of professionalism.

He race baited for losing his sh!t after losing his sh!t further come suspension talk time.

Folks are actually trying to make excuses for it... It's asinine. Just as are your claims of trying to suggest one's feelings towards a word carry more value then another's feelings towards a similar word meant to demean.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    *sigh.

This whole story contradicts where Myles stands on the subject. Myles actually voiced his opinion about this back in 2018 when the Virgina Tech's Women's Lacrosse Team were saying it emphatically on video and said video generated immense controversy. Myles stated that EVERYONE should use it.

More info here:

While I still do not believe Myles is the second coming of Vontaze Burfict, I do believe that, unless some major news surfaces, Myles is becoming a pathological liar. Not a good form of representation at all. Never mind that though, he is now putting his team again in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

Assuming Mason wins his case, a good chance at this point, nevermind the reputation of Myles Garrett, the Cleveland Browns will become an even bigger comical punchline and joke to the league than they already are. Not good given the fact that the team JUST got a new GM and Head Coach. Add the fact that said Head Coach is in his first year and it is likely that the Browns will disappoint again due to the constant drama.

In short?! Myles is contradicting himself worse than a TV Spokesperson for an infomercial.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Or even AB hahahahahaha

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm not sure if anyone is aware of the term's full history (if that's what you're referring to).

8. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    The point all are missing is that there was no point, no reason and absolutely no excuse for his excuses... Meaning nothing was said racially. Not saying if anything was said that I'd understand d one losing their sh!t but still, didn't happen... Only thing that happened was a dick move and a Smollet excuse as to why he did what he did.

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    No, I was referring to our countries history of discrimination. It cuts across all ethnic groups at different periods of time. World history is even worse looking back.

The term's full history has different meaning to different people at different times. Some good, some bad, some indifferent. It's a tool to stir up conflict within the masses nowadays, just like all the other prejudices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Full history has been divvied and cut up to fit current (last few decades) framers ambitious ways of rewriting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Very similar man... Pretty on par with those that have the ***** or a hoe debate. Nay Sayers find it comical... Those affected not so much. It's all on the level but that level gets skewed by the spinners getting paid to spin

12. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    You mean J Smollet? This **** smells hella funny just saying.

13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it. IF Rudolph said anything of the sort - and especially if it incensed Garrett that badly, he would have been screaming it from the rafters. He would have been yelling at Decastro and Pouncey, "did you hear what he just called me?!?!" He would have told anyone in ear shot. He would have ESPECIALLY told his teammates as soon as he was on the sidelines. And he would have mentioned it when interviewed after the game.

No. He didn't do any of that. Instead he offered a meek apology for his actions (when he probably thought he would only be fined since Rudolph was luckily not injured). It was only when it became apparent that he was probably going to lose the rest of the season, and possibly even some games next season that this whole story came out. And when the story broke, to a man, NO ONE on the Browns knew anything about it.

It's not hard to suss this one out. He's lying. Full stop.

And now we have the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy nuts claiming the league is trying to cover it up that Rudolph said it?!?! WTF are they smoking? Use your head! WHY would the league try to protect the reputation of a no name, 3rd string QB who will most likely not even be in the league in 2-3 years??? It's not like he's Brady, or Rodgers, or Mahomes. He's not putting butts in seats. He's not the face of the league. But GARRETT could have been. He's a superstar defender who hasn't even scratched his ceiling yet. And what better way for the league to save face after all of the nonsense about Kaepernick et al than to lay the hammer down on a punk who used a racial slur to taunt someone? If they had audio or first person evidence that Rudolph did say that, Rudolph would have been punished severely.

But biased people will see what biased people want to see. Like taking bad angle photos of Rudolph "proving" that Rudolph tried to punch Garrett in the junk when the actual video clearly shows he was trying to grab his helmet back.

Don't get me wrong. Rudolph shares a lot of blame for escalating the conflict. But not for this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Your in college & believe ABs mind is not warped? That Myles Garrett is justified in what transpired on the field? That's depressingly misfortunate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think FA98 takes the players view over the league/team/media. Tbf, he’s pretty consistent with this.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I sure hope so. The dumbing down of the people by the ruling elite is in full effect. Can't have intelligent thought processing mucking up future plans on controlling the masses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Give me a flippin break. If the N word is so offensive to blacks then they wouldn't be putting it in rap songs, have normal dialog with it and throw it around whenever they find convenient to scream about racism.

I'm offended if someone calls me a cracker just the same as they are when the N word is used against them and they don't like the narrative from which it is used.

Myles Garrett probably said it hundreds of times before he got in front of a camera to shed his crocodile tears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    One of the participants of the beatdown has racism on his mind, just sayin.

19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Courtesy of the Sh!thouse Legal Group, LLC.

20. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Wrong thread. Maybe start an AB thread, not sure if we've seen one yet.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Your logic seems flawed to me. The absence of audio or visual proof doesn't prove or disprove anything.

22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Garrett is a liar and a punk. Won't be in the league in the next five yrs. And now, Mason's atty really have legal allegations against him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He must go to Berkeley or NYU. Where nothing is ever YOUR fault!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I've never ever heard anyone black let someone white call them that to their faces and say nothing.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    When did I say from a legal standpoint he'd get out of doing what he did if Mason did say that? I never said that it wasn't assault just because Mason said that.