1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I saw the interview and it confirmed, yet again, that AB will never change.

The highlights:

- Brought up the Steelers MVP that JuJu won and said JuJu was taking shots at him first . Says he should have gotten that award from the team

- Says Ben forced the ball to JuJu so that he would get the MVP.

- Basically called Ben a bad leader and a bad person.

- Blamed the Steelers for treating Ben Ben differently than everyone else

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He was right about everything except the mvps thing

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @FootballAnalyst98 go ahead and try that as your defense and see how fast you’re locked up for assault

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm saying this as a friend and not to be a Dick Tracy but I believe your GPS guided you to the wrong thread Hawaii (it happens). There are many other redundant threads concerning anything AB. We were all having a rousing, yet cordial, discussion here about Mr. Garrett's and Mr. Rudolph's pillow fight and all of a sudden.....:hijacked: :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I know this link is redundant and a similar link was posted above somewhere but I have to say, my rating of Coach Tomlin just rose several rungs on the ladder after reading what he said about this continuing matter. This has nothing to do with his on-field judgement and coaching abilities, but as a voice of reason to a very nasty and now racially charged incident and covering his players back, this is top shelf. :thumbs_up: :applaud:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...r-allegations-as-agents-hint-at-legal-action/

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I’ve seen the interview , the way Garrett smiles, shakes his head and doesn’t look the interviewer straight in the eyes but momentarily makes me think he’s Lying....

I wish Mason would Sue his butt for assault & Libel !!!!

Cajun
    <><

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    IDK if this or other links have been posted, but networks are reporting the possibility of a lawsuit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...s-garrett-will-be-sued/ar-BB1028IX?li=BBnb7Kz

The one article I read says a lawsuit could take 3 years, just about the time Myles cashes in on a new contract and MR's NFL unemployment runs out.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    sorry, you're right. I got my drama threads confused :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Ask any black Male how they would react to being called that by a white Male.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Doesn't matter, assault is assault!

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Again, try that defense and see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who said it wasn't. Some things to some people are worth the risk. They would take the simple assault conviction over this.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Who said they wouldn't suffer the consequences for it for the satisfaction of dealing with someone for disrespecting them in that manner?

15. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    You defend ab to no end. What are your thoughts on him apologizing like a little ho ?

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now there is a bone head idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The allegation only came out when he was trying to minimize his own suspension. That's all you need to know to know he's lying.

But he didn't tell his coaches, teammates, friends, NO ONE???? Come on. Nobody else heard it? Give me a break.

And stop with this "that's not who Garrett is. He must have been severely provoked" garbage. This same man sucker punched Delanie Walker COMPLETELY unprovoked earlier the same season.

Garbage excuse. Pathetic character assassination to cover his own image. I have no idea what's in Mason Rudolph's heart. But I know in this one instance, he didn't say it.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If the league had audio that proved Rudolph didn't say the n-word, we'd have heard it by now. Either the audio proves nothing or it proves Rudolph said it. The league issued another statement claiming that there is no evidence that Rudolph said it and there is nothing on the audio.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, Garrett told his head coach something, but Kitchens has refused to reveal what was said. My guess is he won't do so now that he is trying to rebuild his career.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, that would be stupid in front of a TV audience. You could maybe get away with it on the street.
    As the old saying goes. "Sticks and stones...…"

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Im calling bullsh't to this statement because you forgot about the immature & racist attitude that keeps these particular white, black, green, whatever color you choose from attaining freedom from societies prejudices.
    I know & have met many people of many colors that are smart & strong enough to shrug off attempts of division.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He made the accusation to the league at the time to try to mitigate his offense. Maybe he was even smart enough to know that the league had to tone down its punishment because there were plenty of people who would believe his accusation.

Then, after the penalty was handed down, he kept his mouth shut until after he was reinstated.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It still isn't a defense against an assault charge. That's the worst part here. Garrett is trying to ruin Rudolph's reputation, but even if he did call Garrett the N-word, it doesn't make Garrett's assault on him acceptable.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s as simple as this. If MR said it everyone on the field and the sidelines would have known about it in about 5 minutes. MG would of let everyone in ear shot know about it right then and there. If it got him that furious to do what he did he would of been yelling it to high heaven....not 4 days later. He lied about it to try and justify his actions and he’s lying about it still.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Smollet 2.0 nothing more nothing less... Race baiting as an excuse is just as alive and well as actual acts of racism if not more so. It is actually a verified trend these days... It's terrible and it's garbage and it ruins any arguement for any justifiable account. MG made up a tale to try to soften the blow of his suspension and in the act opened the door for enlisting non thinking idiots in a pseudo support group... I.e. Browns fans and media hustlers and fellow race baiters, to make a moment on their shows.

I wished the agenda was to call out POS individuals that blame others when they are in a tight spot but race and unfair treatment has such a hold on recent times... It's such Instant fascination that all of a sudden mo fo's just can't help but spin it. Currently on FOX sports radio the mouth breathers are saying NOBODY has come out to verify Mason's character which in their words makes it suspicious... WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

His linemen backed him (they were in the scuffle start to finish) now his coach backs him even further... Yet these pricks are saying "where is his family/friends/high school coaches to help validate Mason's character?

****s all lame, spun and intentional... Why is this news all over again?

AB verifiably called his GM a cracker... Was on video calling cops crackers... And nothing!

Allegations from a black man against a white man with no "Audio or visual" proof ON A NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME WITH MICS ALL OVER THE PLACE are being paraded and excuses afforded because of another ****ed up narrative being pushed by ****ing fire starters!

Our guys said they didn't hear it... Their guys said they didn't hear and weren't informed by the ***** plaintiff that it had occurred. Plenty of technology and even more witnesses and yet it's reduced to a man's words vs another man's. This is sad, sickening and pretty telling!

**** the world and go steelers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1