1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kansas City

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chainmover1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Congrats to KC. 50 years is a long wait. Much like Seattle when Wilson was on his rookie contract, the team will find it harder going forward when Mahomes gets his new deal. Quite a few of their good players will have to find new homes.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Congrats to the Chiefs, It took us 40 to get there. I agree
    won't be able to keep them all when Pat gets paid.

3. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    NY STEELERFAN said:

Yes i know they have won 3 of the last 4 however them 3 wins were when they didn't have Mahomes. One of them games was a playoff game where neither team scored a TD. By the way the one game KC won guess who the QB was.......yep Mahomes making him 1-0 vs us. Listen I want to put the black and gold glasses on as well and with Ben back we have a chance but this team we put on the field this year was scaring nobody.
    I am the anti-Glenn!

In the OP--Based on the remarkable revival of the Defense I said:

"So for the 1st time in like 7/8 years I reassessed my usual[1 and done at best]season projection and believed they had a legit shot at being "relevant" in the PO's.

BUT, well you saw what happened [Ben went down] It just was not to be. Even pre injury Ben was off to a very slow start and all the offensive defections proved to be more damaging than most fans expected."

---I was certainly not saying that the 2019 version of the team could in any way be expected to compete for the championship. [actually I was thinking a patented Cowher 6-10 would be welcome. Draft in the top half] 4-12 even better

In the OP, I merely was suggesting that it was very convenient that the Steeler organization somehow had already managed to eliminate itself from contention and of course this benefitted its rivals.

Yep, just another casual fan rapping the organization and wondering WTF is going on and wondering what changes will be made [if any]to straighten things out.

Now whether or not the Steelers will compete in 2020 is a tough call. Black and Gold Patrol says he is being cautiously optimistic. Okay, I'll go with cautiously optimistic. Yeah! Steeler know-how will prevail.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    With Ben, Steelers are relevant

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Defence has three all pros along with Tuitt, Haden, Nelson, Bush etc.

Get Ben back and try to upgrade the offensive line and improve to average / good on offence and anything is possible. To be genuine contenders they would need very good seasons from one or probably two of the receivers along with one of the running backs, while staying relatively injury free. Thats a lot of ‘if’s’ but we can go in to next season with hope at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    WOW!!! 20 mil under the cap!!! i guess you forgot that they have to pay Mahomes. that 20 mil under the cap isnt even enough to get that done. Hes been playing on a rookie deal. Hes gonna set the new bar not just for QB's but for the entire NFL.

Half of their Roster is free agents not including the guys that have 1 or 2 years left on their deals that want paid (mahomes, watkins, etc).

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    All the predictors expect his new contract to be in the 200M range:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...t-extension-chiefs/1urqnwd9acetm10dxm91an1ovo

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    KC this is off topic and has nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Thread should be moved. Or it hasn't been moved because this is Glenn's real favorite team?

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The money thing makes every season different. Imagine the 70 Steelers in today's NFL. The core group would not have stayed together. All those greats we love would have been great on different teams. Really hate saying this but have to tip my hat to the Patriots. Amazing job of staying on top year after year.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Do you charge Glenn rent for all the space he takes up in your head?

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I picture Glenn as a guy who sits around singing Kumbaya and loving all things equal.

He loves all football teams cuz half of them win every week!

He loves his garbage can because he can't do anything about how it smells.

He loves jock-itch cuz with a little spray he can fix it.

He loves taxes cuz he can't do anything about them anyway.

The only thing he hates is people who think different than him.,....even though he can't change that either.

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Would you trade watt, ben, cam and minka for mohomes? There now it's Steelers related. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    No

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Although career ending injuries are less and less frequent every year, I would not give away that much talent for one guy who could be done in the blink of an eye.

Plus, Mahomes will come down to earth soon. Still be great but not on the level he has played thus far.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Idk, he might get better. :shrug:

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't see it. Look at the thread I put up showing his projected numbers. Nobody dominates in the NFL for long.

18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He is only 24 years old and has only been a starter for 2 years. He probably won't even reach his peak until 5 or 6 years from now. You're right he will get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Russell Wilson is arguably getting better. I don’t expect any great fall off from Mahomes. He is the real deal, a genuine superstar.

His numbers may decline because of what is around him though, I said earlier in the thread that the cap is going to suffocate them very soon and stand by that. Unless they draft exceptionally well they will find it hard to keep playing at this level. This season for example they were able to go out and get Clark and Honeybadger to shore up their defence. They won’t be able to do things like that very soon.

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If he stays at his current production rate, let alone improving, he will blow every other QB, ever to play, out of the water by his 6h or 7th year.

Not gonna happen.

21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s all about his supporting cast. His abilities are off the charts but that won’t necessarily mean SBs. Won’t mean he’s not a phenomenal talent. He already is....

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm not saying he isn't phenomenal, he is. I'm just saying that he won't go on indefinably at the pace he has had thus far.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't know, the way the game is played and rules are changing in his favor.

24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Andy Reid can make just about any offensive player that is not a lineman productive. He is probably the greatest offensive mind in the game today. Look at what he did with Alex Smith. If he can build a solid defense or hire the next Dick Lebeau then it won't matter what % of the cap Mahomes decides he needs.

25. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    We honestly havent seen anyone as talented as him except Rodgers and I think mahomes is more athletic than Rodgers with a stronger arm. Rodgers was a little more accurate though