1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

QB Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Feb 6, 2020.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    See my reply to Roonatic above.

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It could happen Heinz. My opinion is that Josh Allen is not quite there yet to carry the team. Their defense is almost good enough to cover his mistakes but haven't seen it yet.
    The hilarious part is Belicheat knows no boundaries to prevent it from happening. Filming the Bengals...it's ok with the NFL...yeah not funny but disturbing.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    NFL.com has ranked all 57 QB's to start a game last season. Ben was ranked #37, Hodges #46 and Rudolph #48. That is pretty depressing considering that there are only 32 teams in the league.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You underestimate the hoodie......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What the neck were they ranking? Ben was 0-2 with 0 TDs and 1 interception, and 2 sacks. He was 37?:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I was thinking that as well.

Whenever someone says (hyperbolically) that the Steelers are the worst in the league because they didn't make it to the Super Bowl, I think about the teams (and players) who really are on the bottom end of the scale.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    When I saw the title of this thread I immediately though QB Depth Charge. Cause that's what we got hit with last year!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How did Hodges get ranked ahead of Rudolph, Is it an alphabetical list? :no2:

9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    They actually addressed why they had Hodges ahead of Rudolph. The panels reasoning was that when both were healthy, Tomlin had more confidence in Hodges than he did with Rudolph.
    As for who was ranked #1, the panel of 4 split their vote with 2 voting for Jackson and 2 voting for Mahomes.

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Unless Ben retires by March 13th, we will have 5 QBs under contract to start training camp.

I do not see a need to pick up a 6th QB deep in the draft or available free agent this off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Based on that panel's logic, I can assume they also factored in the square root of the QB's zip code as well?

That panel should find a cooking show to evaluate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Trade, trade, trade, cut.

So that, if Ben isn't okay, we don't have to cringe every time the Steelers have to pass.

13. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I still believe Mason has the skillset to be a good QB. Maybe not great, but I still think he can grow. Now I am not comparing him to Brady, but even Brady had to grow. He had a great defense to win his first two rings. He was MVP more than anything for not making a mistake. Mason played well in his first few games prior to the knockout. I think they kept him on too short a leash. He had a low turnover percentage until the Cleveland game. Everyone has a bad game and I don't remember anyone pushing to get Ben out of the 5 interception performance against the Jags a few years ago. Although, Ben himself started questioning if he still had it. Which we know he did bounce back from that performance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1