1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

An apology...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This. So very much this. Well done. Sadly, many people lack the sense to hear it.

The point about the way people act during the anthem is particularly good. If you are going to lose your mind over an athlete taking a knee during the anthem, what about all the idiots in the stadium who can't take off their hats, put down their phones and stand quietly for a few minutes to show the respect you claim to care about? I see it every single time I'm at a major sporting event. That behavior is every bit as disrespectful as what Kaepernick did.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    You're fine brother. ;) Like I said, everyone should enjoy life because it's too short to begin with. Take care and hope that you and your family are safe!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Yes, you're right. Again, I'm kind of new to the boards and in 'real life' I'm always joking and carrying on, so I really didn't mean to offend anyone. Hope to continue discussions about the Steelers and keep it there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Hey man, no problem at all. Like I said, no one knows me in real life. I just like to goof off and keep things light-hearted even on those 'touchy' subjects. Again, I'll aplogize to anyone that felt like I crossed a line. In no way was that my intention! Appreciate it brother.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This thread is derailing into a discussion of political activism just like many threads did back when players started taking a knee for the anthem. This message board is for discussing FOOTBALL, not your views on whether certain forms of political activism are patriotic/ unpatriotic. Enough. If you want to discuss this subject, take it to a message board that focuses on these matters.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    I'm apologizing to fans of the Steelers. ;) Sorry, I'm not sure where anyone else would see it.

7. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Will do sir. I just was simply apologizing for any remarks that may have been taken offensively. Thanks and I will continue in other threads talking about football.

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It was a trade proposal it said it in the title. Discussion and what we could do if we traded him. I didn't say for fact Tomlin is going to Washington, the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Kaepernick's issue wasn't about race or anything but Kaepernick. He "used" the national venue afforded to him by the NFL to air his personal gripes. If every player who had a personal gripe used the NFL to air their feelings on either side of the racial problems in this country, the NFL would be an even bigger joke than it is. The fact that Kaepernick is still a topic of discussion shows just how messed up our thinking is. His BS antics should have landed him in a giant void never to be seen or heard from again (in other words, completely ignored), instead, he jerks the NFL and the country around on a string.

10. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Obviously you have no idea what disrespecting the flag means. Take a look at flag display rules and you’ll find that all these idiots shirts, blankets, bikinis, dew rags, truck window film, or flags they unravel on the field are against protocol. The flag means different things to different people, take a minute and read the actual lyrics to the nation anthem and you will understand the feeling that some may have. As far as leaving it, my mothers side were Delaware Indians who were the victims of ethnic cleansing that occurred in the 1700’s, so I think we should agree on who should leave. I guess the point is that everyone has feeling about society, he expressed his that way. He initially sat during the anthem and was advised by a navy seal to kneel respectfully if you have a dispute while still staying remaining silent out of respect.

11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    NFL a bigger joke than it is lol... It's No.1 by a lot, and has been forever...Nice grasp though

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm racist against the Flyers:) That 3-0 loss was painful to watch. Was offered tickets but so glad I turned down.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nah, I'll stay... I'm not the one whining about **** that happened 250 years ago...And I had no control over...Have a good day my Man...And thanks for your service, It's appreciated!

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I found it funny that some of the same guys raising Hell over Colin, where some of the same guys I had just watched stand inside the door or running to the building to keep from having to stand at attention for the Anthem in the morning.

But, to each their own...

15. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I'm not American, so forgive my ignorance on the subject..

Doesn't the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the US protect your rights to freedom of speech and freedom to protest?

People protest wars, the government and the military industrial complex all the time.

Kaepernick was aware that noone cared about his views and opinions outside the stadium. So he used a national platform to make a public statement.

He had good intentions but the 24hr news cycle can make the most basic intention look like a treasonous act.

Anyways that's just my opinion. You can take it, leave it or ignore it. Always interesting watching from this side of the border

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The short answer is it’s not allowed by your employer when you’re at work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think it was more than a public statement because he just kept adding on to the negative feedback it was creating. He still is trying to push his agenda. That's what I see from him. Meet someone that he cares about & latched on to her 'entitlement' of being the victim. Some of our radical groups here in the US think they are 'owed' something for what their ancestors & ethnicity are/were struggling through. :roflmao:

News flash: anybody that is still around has had the same life struggles.

18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Fans are the customers that pay to be there. Players are paid employees that are expected to follow the rules of their organization/ team especially with cameras broadcasting what they are doing to millions of people. Go to any business and you'll most likely see employees acting differently than the customers because they are being paid to follow a code of conduct. When employees do things that piss off the customer base, that is what we have with this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Here is the reality:

The United States Military PAYED the NFL owners (really our tax dollars) for the players to stand on the sidelines during the anthem to create a buzz to get more children to hopefully enlist in the military. Numbers were down. Before this happened the players would stay in the locker room.

We all have our thoughts and opinions. But this is a Steelers Message Board. A place to come dedicated to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's how I see it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

Best advice I have seen yet on the Board.

I do not know what Pengvin67 posted. I did not see it. However, because of his/her apology, I guess it was controversial. This is what happens when you have to "back-pedal" regardless of one's intentions. People have to understand the platform that we have here. It is open for the whole world to see. You see this all the time with social media. Once a post/message is put out there, it becomes open to a wide spectrum of interpretations. It seems like Pengvin67 really regretted whatever it was that he/she posted. Hopefully, a lesson learned.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    True the whole the just never seemed to add up.

If it's not an official rule or stipulated in any contract then why wouldn't you be allowed to do it?

Maybe the millions that the military paid the NFL for those pregame ceremonies had something to do with it.

22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Man, this thread feels like a train wrecked into a burning dumpster fire. Go ahead and sing kumbaya and hug it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Hey man I need people to hold my hand because I can’t deal with life ok?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.