1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sorry, but no. You did not see accusations of sexual misconduct coming. You have graduated from personal attacks and unsupported arguments to flat-out lying.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, things changed dramatically at that point because I understand that sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape are far bigger issues than acting like a jackass on social media and skipping practices. Apparently, some of you don't understand that.

In relation to KMM's question, I would certainly re-evaluate my position based on new information, but KMM's premise is faulty. Brown hasn't been cleared of those accusations. Even if that happens, we have seen the evidence of his harassing text messages he sent to one of the accusers. That isn't going away. We saw the video of him flipping out on police officers. Now there are accusations of assault. He is in jail now. As I explained earlier, it seems he has completely fallen apart without the structure of playing for an NFL team.

If Brown plays this entire season with the Patriots, which he was absolutely on track to before the accusations of sexual misconduct, would you really still be saying the Steelers did everything right? Please. You don't actually expect me to believe that, do you?

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who ever said he would be a model citizen? He wasn't a model citizen in Pittsburgh, yet he managed to play for a long time.

4. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gives me no pleasure to see him sabotage his life and career. I was upset when he disrespected the Steelers organization and fan base but I hope the guy can really get the help he needs, he has serious problems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No, your position became indefensible because of the severity of what he had done. You would look (even more) foolish if you were advocating for the Steelers to keep him with sexual assault and rape charges against him. You had no choice but to change your stance.

Lol, you said nothing of harassing text messages. You said "sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape." Those were the tipping point for you. You only brought harassing texts into this because you had an "oh sh!t" moment when KMM exposed the absurdity of your stance, so you threw that in there as a kind of get out of jail card. And before you say that Im downplaying harassment (because I know that's your next move), how about AB throwing furniture off of a 14th floor balcony and almost hitting a kid? I guess you're cool with that? Harassing texts are enough to make you still consider that it was wise for the Steelers to move Brown, but recklessly endangering a small child is A-OK with you. lol You're all over the place, man.

Absolutely 100% because we can look at the Raiders and see how AB behaved there, both when he had guaranteed money and after it was taken away, and see exactly what would've happened if he stayed in Pittsburgh like you wanted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'll be the first to admit that I lean on the "blame Tomlin and the organization" side of the fence. I'm not trying to cast blame in this instance, however. I just feel that there is too much money involved for the league and its organizations not to keep highly sophisticated tabs on their players, especially the marquis ones. Don't forget that corporate sponsors with fat wallets are also in play here. I just don't see how AB's exploits weren't known by the organization AND the league well before we were made aware.

That means neither the Raiders nor the Pats were caught completely off guard by his actions, freezing off his feet notwithstanding.

I also believe that the owners are slightly more cordial than we expect. I'm sure some really don't like each other, and no one likes Jerry. But it wouldn't be anything for Duece to call Mark Davis, or vice versa, and the two discuss "situations" involving both teams. See, winning is the most important thing to us, but to an owner, or the league, revenue is. Obviously, winning is expected because it drives excitement and, subsequently, ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise sales. But as a global brand, the NFL must must must control perception. Teams are under incredible pressure to put as squeaky clean a product on display as possible. And one team getting a black eye isn't good for the other teams.

I think there's much less "sticking it to our nemesis" at the ownership level than us fans would like to see.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You can keep repeating the same wrong points all you want, but they are wrong. You all seem to be lumping the accusations of rape and sexual harassment and assault in with all the other stuff. I'm not. I know better. You don't.

KMM asked a question. I gave it an honest answer. KMM exposed nothing. My point is absolutely valid. You just don't like it because it takes away the gotcha moment you are chasing so desperately. Mentioning the text messages is just part of my explanation of the massive flaws in the premise of KMM's question. How are we defining cleared? Is it the lawsuits going away? Is it the NFL taking no action? Is it both women recanting and saying they made it all up? KMM's question is built on a vague hypothetical, one that I easily dismantled. The bit about the harassing messages is just one part of how I dismissed it, not the whole. You are clinging to that because you can't handle losing your gotcha moment.

Carelessly throwing furnitureout a window is certainly wrong. So was driving 100 miles per hour. Both are examples of reckless behavior, but so is getting a DUI. Why weren't you calling for the Steelers to get rid of Le'Veon Bell for getting driving while intoxicated? Remember, he was arrested for that. Where was your outrage then?

None of those behaviors are the same as sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape. Yes, you are downplaying those things. It is entertaining to watch you try to wriggle off that hook, but you aren't managing to do it.

Also, claiming that Brown would have behaved the same way in Pittsburgh as he did in Oakland is a stretch at best. He would be dealing with different coaches and teammates, familiar ones at that. You're making assumptions that are far from the rock-solid guarantees you make them out to be.

I'm not all over the place at all. That is yet another false assertion, the latest of many on your part.

8. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No, it was a gotcha moment for sure. Make no mistake about it. You said that the sexual allegations were what made you change your mind, so without them logically you should change your mind back. If AB is found to not be guilty of committing those acts, for whatever reason, then you should be back to thinking that they made the wrong decision.

But you can't do that because with all of the other things that have happened since, you know how absurd that makes you look.

The problem is that you've now contradicted your original stance. With the sexual allegations taken out, you are now left with what he did before they traded him and what he has done since. What he did before they traded him wasn't a problem with you, but what he did since are a problem. So what you are now saying is that harassing texts and and acting like a jackass on social media to the police are worse than almost killing a toddler. Well done.

Lol, your narcissistic personality disorder has gotten you in to a real bind here. Maybe you should check in the AB and see if you can get a two-for-one deal on his mandatory evals.

And I have no clue what Lev Bell has to do with this other than being a giant red herring.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    There is such a thing as drawing conclusions and making judgements. Two things that are done by examining past situations and events and the outcomes that they lead to. I do it, KMM does it. Everyone does it. Even you. Without it our species would die off quickly. You know this and saying that it is a "stretch at best" that AB would've behaved the same in Pittsburgh as Oakland is just intellectually dishonest. Shame on you because through all of this back and forth, I do know that you're smarter than that. You're only doing it as a last ditch effort to save face. It's quite sad actually.

10. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    My friend said Vegas had 7-1 odds that Antonio would be arrested in 2020. Wow !

Had I know about this I would have put 1000 down

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If the ultimate goal was to play for the Patriots then something doesn't add up, we'll several things really but the one that seems strange to me is after the Buffalo deal was torpedoed the Steelers were reported to have let Rosenhaus and Brown try and work out a deal with a team they approved of and when they weren't able to make that happen, KC reportedly told Rosenhaus to taken another run at the Raiders. When the deal was in place in principle and all three sides agreed it was reported that the minute his agent got off the phone Brown gleefully tweeted out his photoshop alter picture and was dancing around. Does that not seem strange if it was all a ploy to get to NE?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    100%. He fully intended to play for the Raiders imo. When it started to go publicly sour for him there of course other teams were going to take notice. The NE deal was very likely agreed in principle before the Raiders cut him but I doubt he was thinking that far ahead when he signed for the Raiders initially.

There has to be some sort of mental illness going on here. I genuinely hope he gets some help for himself. I feel for his kids after seeing that video last week. Crazy stuff

13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The whole conspiracy theory that this was an orchestrated maneuver to get to the Patriots makes no sense.

To believe that you'd have to believe that he would intentionally forfeit a 3-year $50M deal with $30 guaranteed for a one-year $15M deal with $10M guaranteed.

Call me crazy, but neither AB nor Drew Rosenhaus seem like the kind of people to turn down $30M for $10M.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This in itself is frightening. I’m guessing it will be a while until Gisele let’s Tommy have any more friends for sleepovers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That somehow seems to be a common trait in wide receivers for some reason.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Any one else think they would love to watch his mental health evaluation?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    “I don’t think there’s any mental health issues with him,”

- Brown’s other lawyer, Eric Schwartzreich

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Personality disorders are a form of mental illness. To talk about them in this way on a message board is truly offensive. You are way out of line and shows just how desperate you are to somehow "win."

I explained how Bell fits in, but you are too busy relying on ad hominem attacks to actually pay attention to what I'm writing. You brought up Brown's reckless behavior, specifically throwing furniture out a window and driving 100 miles per hour. Bell got a DUI for driving while high from marijuana, which is comparable reckless behavior. It isn't intended to cause harm to others, but it put his life and the life of others at risk just as Brown did. You want to claim outrage over what Brown did, but where was that outrage with Bell? Clearly, you didn't put the two things together and you know you are caught, so you are trying to blow that off.

Now back to that false claim you keep making about a gotcha moment, the one I think you even know isn't true, yet you keep clinging to it. For those who have gotten lost, KMM asked if I would go back to saying the Steelers should have kept Brown if he was cleared of the allegations of sexual misconduct. I haven't contradicted myself in any way, so please stop telling that lie. I already corrected you on that, so I can no longer keep open the possibility of it being an honest mistake on your part.

I replied by pointing out the flawed premise of his question. I made multiple points, most of which you ignored and continue to ignore because you have no answer for them. At best, his question was a vague hypothetical that makes little sense, so in no way does it qualify as a gotcha moment. What would qualify as Brown being cleared? Would it be the lawsuits going away? Would it be the league taking no action and allowing him to play? Would it be both women recanting and saying that they made it all up? Even that could be part of some under-the-table settlement. I could simply ask what you would think if Brown signed with the Ravens for 2020 and earned All-Pro honors while helping them win the Super Bowl. It is a hypothetical that has little chance of happening, though at least mine would be specific.

I went on to point out other flaws in his premise, such as the way it ignores the related events of the harassing text messages Brown sent to one of the accusers and the fact that he is now facing chargers for assault and burglary. The information has changed.

Here is the part you and others here are not getting. We are talking about three types of offense here. One is football-related offenses. These include things like disrespecting coaches and teammates, skipping practices and making an ass of himself while talking about his team on social media. Those were primarily what we knew about at the time of the trade. Those are a distraction, but they don't keep him from being able to play. They are why most of you wanted him gone.

Then you have reckless acts such as throwing furniture out the window or driving too fast. They are not intended to cause harm, but they can hurt people. Again, you and many others didn't seem to care about such behavior by other Steelers. I gave the example of Bell's DUI.

Then there are malicious, intentional acts that harm others. That includes the accusation of sexually harassing the artist. That also includes the accusation of sexually assaulting and then raping the trainer. The current issue would fit in with those as well, but it is a bit early to get too deeply into that one. None of us had any information about such acts at the time of the trade. Those cross many lines. One of them is morality. A careless ******* who causes disruptions to his team is one thing. A man who tries to use force himself onto women is another. For those that don't see morality as enough, there is availability. The league took no action against Brown for all of the other crap, but the accusations of misconduct were enough to take him off the field in 2019.

I'm hoping this detailed explanation will help you understand the error of your ways, but I highly doubt it.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Okay, you are crazy.:cool:

In all seriousness, the last part is fair, but I don't think Brown saw it that way. He truly seemed to believe that he was going to be able to keep the guaranteed money he got from the Raiders. I'm not saying that is logical or even that Rosenhause thought it was possible, but that seems as if it was part of Brown's thinking.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please stop with the false claims. I am responding honestly here and I would appreciate it if you started doing the same.

The situations were very different. You are ignoring significant variables. Brown had existing relationships in Pittsburgh. Tomlin and his staff are different people from Gruden and his. He also had a different group of teammates as well as fans, not to mention comfort level in each city. It is absolutely a stretch to assume things given such differing circumstances.

21. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Funny because it gives me great pleasure to see this human turd sabotage his life and career

22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    TLDR
    I boil it down to simple replies that everyone can understand. You reply with a typical response.....a word salad of vomited sh!t that means nothing.
    Everyone sees it, not just me.
    I have promised higher powers that I will disengage for the good of the board.
    Im out......

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Pretty sensitive subject these days ey?

Look, the more that comes out on this cat lends folks to open their mouths more on him if for no other reason than to capitalize on all the smoke and get their 30 secs of fame.

We all go back and forth on baby mommas and their rhetoric... Long list of reasons why both in the real world and in the lime light these gals get with athletes. The old Tampa/Zona RB Pittman knocked up a girl who partied at my house once back in the day and all she would talk about was how she was set for life. I reminded her that her guy in particular wasn't anything special and that milk cow was going to dry up quick... Also gave her a shot of shouldn't you be home with the kids you've bragged about making these ends for you? She never came back around and I actually felt bad for Pittman... This was circa 2000-2001?

Aside from that, AB's story has portrayed far more than the draft report we all got and had to go on not knowing him or his small school. Since his moron parade, we've had folks that know him come out speaking. Why was he not on the big fields in his home state? He was a douche! Some folks say grades blah blah blah... Grades don't mean **** if you got the talent. Folks around him have said the same.they knew there was no living with him back then.

Now baby momma drama, not paying a plethora of folks for their services even with "a whole lotta money"
    Foot stomping over any and everything involving a rule or rules to abide by etc... Dude is narcissist always has been and it only worsened with each grid iron moment. No respect period, just wavering appreciative mentions that all turned into back stabs when he didn't get his way.

The dudes A fake and his whole shtick is a farce in anything meant to be real.

I don't blame Tomlin for **** in regards to this kid... He was what he was and it was going to happen eventually. And still, I have no idea how much stroke Mike has on decisions around here.

The recurring problem with kids like this and the many before/after him falls squarely on league ownership, agents, the civil rights players association, the enablers in public/fan support etc...

The DMV will tell you and hand you a study guide to further beat it in to your brain that a drivers license is a privilege and not a right. I've always thought that a league looking to forever keep its image clean adhered to the same thought. They do not... Things are afforded to certain folks with money making talent because they are seen as a productive product.

The talk of AB doing this or that and his signs is what it is... But when it becomes conduct detrimental, you need to be gone. Average folks lose their job for being late, not pissing clean, hitting women, raping someone, being a burden in the office, killing somebody with a vehicle or weapon or just flat out being a piece of **** daily!

I understand the legal part of the serious stuff, what I don't understand, is the continual excuses for assholes laying the foundation of being a **** off in general.

After the raiders debacle following the asinine Pitt debacle, the league shouldv said **** off... You are not entitled to ****. Furthermore the collective league owners whom are tasked with keeping the league badge untarnished should've circled the wagons and implored the league to say by by. Yeah the players association would've said what? And then in a real world should've been told to **** off as well.

Tired of excuses and affectionate reasoning. Level the playing field. I may not be aS productive a product in the NFL, but I have served a purpose in my field and would've been **** canned and community paper slandered for far less a 100 times over. No sane company entertains a public embarrassment much less affords them further residence to become a legal liability.

**** is all messed up but AB is not a good guy... Never was. Sure he had a ****ty upbringing that didn't help out on and on etc... He's not a victim and should not be cried over. Wish him the best but I lend those same best wishes to folks in my life without a measurement of worth that can't get get straight just for their next breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1