1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No, you're leveling a personal attack towards me by mischaracterizing what I wrote. Simply saying that you have a personality disorder, or mental illness if you want to conflate the two, isn't making light of it. Quit being ignorant, you know what you're doing.....probably as a way to distract from the real issue, your initial embarrassingly misguided take on the AB situation.

Lol, that's not how it works. At least not to people without narcissistic personality disorder anyway. You don't get to pick and choose random points along the journey and say "See, I was right."

Those of us who applauded the AB trade, we saw this coming based on the previous evidence and the situation at the time. It may not have been to the complete destruction that has played out, but we definitely could see that AB had become more of a problem than he was worth and that the relationship had gotten so fractured that it was in the Steelers best interest to part ways with him, regardless of where he went. And it really wasn't a great achievement either. Really everyone could see where this was going.

And if you think AB 'manipulated' his was out of Pittsburgh, then that would explain a lot. There's no way he's that cunning and smart to have orchestrated that, because if he were, he also would've been smart enough to not get himself fired from two more teams afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    I know, but it's entertainment. He doesn't get me worked up, but rather entertains me in times of boredom, so I keep him around.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And let him sleep at his House, With his kids there

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Looked stupid for what, a week? No, the Steelers never looked stupid letting AB take his distractions to other saps that thought he was a difference maker. Win at all costs bit ol Billy boy in the hinny on that one. Carry on with your charades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You apparently missed the way the reaction to the trade outside of Pittsburgh. I need no charade as long as you and others keep fooling yourselves.

6. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Good point.

His original stance is that the Steelers should have stood up to him and made him sit since he was under contract and forced him to play. The Raiders did exactly that and you see what it got them. A non stop weeks long sh!t show distraction that played out in the news and on social media. It's a pretty safe bet that had the Steelers had done what he was advocating, the results would've been exactly the same only he would've still been in a Steelers uniform.

Lol, you act as if those charges came out of the blue. They didn't. Not to anyone who was well aware of ABs history and behavior, and Im sure the Steelers knew. Jerome Bettis, those charges against him.....THAT was out of the blue. You're acting as if AB was the same kind of stand up character person that Bettis was.

7. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Well yes, initial reaction was that Pittsburgh looked stupid, but once AB started pulling his antics in Oakland many of those same people were no doubt thinking "Oh, THATS why the Raiders got him so cheaply."

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Other than @Formerscribe 's sniper fire, there are actually good points being made all over the place here, @Formerscribe included.

Here's the thing, there are 2 distinctly different paths being traveled here. The public information path and the internal NFL information path.

We know what the NFL wants us to know plus what has leaked.

The NFL knows a crap-ton more. And their information is the one that is accurate.

Multi-billion dollar organizations have resource-gathering abilities we can only imagine. They can get information from law enforcement and insane amounts of data from social media companies that we can't touch. They can also hide what they don't want seen, alter it to fit a narrative, or leak parts in part or whole to serve their agenda. And they do.

They can't control it all however and are constantly working to stay a step ahead of bad press.

With that said, the NFL knew everything about AB before we did and they know things we will likely never know. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's undoubtedly more smoke surrounding AB that the NFL industrial-fanned away to keep itself clean.

The Steelers weren't caught off guard. Neither were the Raiders or Pats.

The Steelers couldn't control him. Tomlin allowed his antics and kept as much of his indiscretions in house as he could, thereby enabling him and letting his crazy-fire grow from a few s'mores over a campfire to a wildfire eventually consuming him.

The Raiders knew everything the Steelers did but were seduced by his talent. They thought a tough-minded coach and a rabid fan base would distract his crazy long enough to win a division. They were wrong.

The Pats knew everything the others knew, and probably more. The Hoodster probably had AB's house bugged. They thought the Hoodster, Marsha, the Pats image, and most of all, winning, would distract his crazy long enough to win another SB AND put another feather in the Hoodster's cap for being the coach who corralled AB, while sticking it to the Steelers and their fanbase one more time. They were wrong.

All the crazy that we've seen happened on Tomlin's watch. Maybe there was no avoiding it for any coach. Unfortunately for the apologists, Tomlin IS the coach of record who allowed this to happen. It's on him. AB needed help. He didn't get it. He spiraled. Now he's a trainwreck.

9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Thu
    This this this this this...If the Steelers had stood up to him, What happened to the Raiders would have absolutely happened to us, We would have got nothing...

And having nothing ( no AB, No 3rd, No 5th ) And probably would have cost us not getting Bush...

But Probably not getting us Dionte Johnson AND Minkah Fitzpatrick imo!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    SEAN PAYTON TALKIN BOUT DA DILDO

11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    JUST NOW: Antonio Brown, wearing an anti-suicide smock, made his first court appearance.

His bond was set at $100,000 for the burglary with battery charge.

The judge ordered Brown to wear a GPS monitor, surrender his passport, and undergo a mental health evaluation. https://t.co/IdCkH8jlcG

12. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Antonio Brown is clearly sick. I feel so bad for his family.

13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Boomin?

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What is an anti-suicide smock? I guess they didn't have one available for Jeffrey Epstein?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm just glad, that the judge, didn't just throw the book at him and Ordered All of these test and evaluations. The guy needs help from professionals ... with the ability to find out what is really going on with this guy .... who was once beloved by us all. Now, if he doesn't comply, then there are consequences and repercussions. This is no longer a sports situation this is a human being issue. I'm praying for the brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Let me go back to formerscribe, and current denialist's bullet points of AB's behavior.

Here's what current denialist wrote:

As a Steeler, Brown did the following.
    • Went live on social media with Tomlin's post-game locker room speech to his team, which is supposed to be private among the team.
    • Stormed out of a practice, sat out the rest of the team's meetings and workouts and meetings that week and showed up expecting to play the final week of the 2018 season.
    • Made a complete ass of himself on social media while working to force his way out of town that offseason.
    • Refused to report when the team had worked out a trade to the Bills, costing the team significant return on the deal.
    • Got pulled over driving over 100 miles per hour.
    • Threw things out a hotel window, nearly injuring people below.
    • Sexually harassed an artist who was working for him in his home, including exposing himself to her.
    • Sexually assaulted, then raped a trainer who worked for him in his home.
    • Uncounted incidents of putting himself above his teammates in the locker room.
    As a Patriot Brown did the following:
    • Sent harassing text messages to one of the women who accused him of sexual misconduct.
    Let me add to that.

As a Raider Brown did the following:
    • Couldn't practice because he froze his feet
    • Wouldn't practice over his helmet
    • Had a on field verbal altercation with the GM where he had to be held back from getting physical
    • Illegally recorded a phone call with the coach then posted it on social media
    And yet somehow it wasn't until after the sexual harassment came out which was after the Raiders cut AB that current denialist changed his mind on how the Steelers handled the whole AB situation last year? That's just mindboggling. So even AB's behavior with the Raiders and a new contract couldn't change current denialist's mind? WTF.

The guy wasn't going to play for the Steelers again. That was obvious. He was burning every bridge and ship. He was sabotaging his own trade value on a daily basis. The Steelers did what they had to do and whether or not they looked stupid when the Patriots signed him, which FWIW I don't think they did (Hint: it was the Raiders that looked stupid), is irrelevant. Good organizations make decisions based on what's best for the team. If you start making decisions based on not appearing stupid, you've got problems.

Of course, it sort of makes sense. It's the fear of looking stupid that makes someone stick to their guns that the Steelers should have kept AB even after the Raiders cut him.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I'm not and that is a ridiculous assertion that doesn't come close to fitting the facts.

There is huge difference between all of the other crap Brown pulled and what those women accused him of doing. I'm sorry if you don't understand that getting caught speeding or acting like a jackass on social media isn't the same thing as sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape, but that's a failing on your part.

I did acknowledge that the Steelers might have known those accusations were coming, but you think that speaks well of them? You seriously think it would be a good thing that they kept such things quiet as long as it was to their benefit?

That all distracts from the overall point. Things change dramatically when those accusations came to light. They are the reason Brown didn't play for the Patriots this season. His idiocy with the Steelers and the Raiders didn't stop him from getting what he wanted. None of you knew about those accusations. Nobody on this board did.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry that some of you don't understand the line between acting like a jackass on social media and sexually harassing, assaulting and raping women. The only people looking stupid here are the ones who don't get that distinction.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    TALKIN BOUT DA DILDO
    DILDO
    DILdo
    DIldo
    Dildo
    dildo
    doh
    do

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Sorry I have his stupid rap song stuck in my head and reading all these comments I’m just replaying it in my mind reading lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  21. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    So are you saying that if these allegations are proven false that you'll go back to saying the Steelers screwed up by trading AB?

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What about the charade of AB being a model citizen in Foxborough? He was until he wasn't. About a week i think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Checkmate

24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No things changed dramatically FOR YOU at that point because you could no longer deny that getting rid of him was the right thing to do. For everyone else it was just a major affirmation.

THATS what you’re not grasping.

Answer KMMs question.

We’re all waiting.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    This is all fair. I do wonder when the Steelers, and the league, knew about the accusations by those two women. If the Steelers knew before they traded him, it may have been the smart thing to do, but it was despicable to keep such behavior quiet and just pass it along to another team. I'm actually giving them the benefit of the doubt by assuming they didn't know about that.