1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol, so that's it! That's how you rationalize it. We got lucky. It's not that me, @AskQuestionsLater, @KMM, and everyone else who looked at everything that you bullet-pointed above and made a rational and intelligent decision that the Steelers made the right move getting rid of this ticking time bomb before it exploded, it's that we just got lucky. I guess that anything else would mean that we were RIGHT and you were WRONG, and your ego just couldn't handle that, could it? No way, not the former "professional" writer. He couldn't possibly be outsmarted by a bunch of dimwits on a message board, could he? He is the "FormerScribe" after all and we're merely a bunch of ill informed opinionated Yinzers without the wisdom and insight that being a "scribe" affords him.

You definitely have a touch of what AB has. Not as severe a case, but definitely the same dysfunction.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    AB was never arrested before becoming teammates with Brady js

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    "right after the fact". LOL, formerscribe.

Those of us who wanted him gone at all costs a year ago were right before the fact, not in hindsight. The top 6 of your 9 bullet points were well-established before the trade. It was clear at that time that his destructive behavior outweighed his on the field contributions and that the relationship between the Steelers and himself was irreconcilable and they had to get rid of him.

You, on the other hand, have been wrong from the get go and now you try and rationalize that by claiming those with opposing views were only right looking back. That's such a crock. We saw a runaway freight train coming down the track with a curve coming up. You saw Thomas the Tank Engine.

At least others have been able to admit they were wrong. Not only can you not do that, but you then absolve yourself by saying that those that advocated trading him at all costs were only "right" through unforeseeable circumstances.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I'm sure that all he tells his son is "Daddy's a victim. And you can be, too. Here's your new Twitter account, use it well."

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    KMM and Bobbybiz, the ignore feature is a wonderful thing! There's only one person that I'm ignoring and it's great not having to see his nonsense. For the reasons you guys state!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    AB would be playing in the NFL now had he listened to what he was told. I read an article that said when the Saints brought him in for a workout they told him to come alone without an entourage. That was put in as a test to see if he was able to follow basic instruction and being AB he brought a huge entourage with him. So when the Saints passed on him he said it was a publicity stunt.

A lot of analysts thing AB was a no brainer, the league owed the Saints a favor which might have kept AB off the exempt list. He would have been paid from the playoff pool of money, it really was no risk for the Saints. Instead AB was AB and he sabotaged himself and blamed everyone else. Unfortunately for him it isn't going to end well, within the next 5 years he will be in prison or worse, it can't continue like this for much longer. His agent and his lawyer have both dropped him, he is on an island by himself.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ryan clark claims he was narcissistic when he was on the team. That was before the burfict hit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    just got my new AB jersey in the mail:

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I will start with the end of your post. Making fun of mental illness is offensive. Resorting to personal attacks is inappropriate and it is the tactic of someone who can't win an argument on its merits. That part of your post does not reflect well on you.

You didn't know every thing in the bullet points. That is my point. The most glaring issue, the accusations of sexual misconduct, did not come out until September, after he had joined the Patriots. You are claiming knowledge you clearly did not have.

I didn't say you got lucky. I said the Steelers got lucky. Somebody brought up the issue of the bad precedent set by allowing a player to force his way out of town simply because he wanted more money, which is what Brown did. That issue went away when the accusations of sexual misconduct came out, which eventually led to Brown being cut by the Patriots. That bailed the Steelers out.

You are claiming victory in an argument you don't even understand. You are also missing the fact that I admitted getting rid of him was the right thing in September when the accusations of sexual misconduct became public. It really is amazing how much you can get wrong while claiming you were right.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I said multiple times on multiple threads that I changed my mind on the Brown situation when the accusations of sexual misconduct came to light in September. At that point, it was clear the Steelers were better off having traded him, but that was only due to information that came out long after the trade.

If the accusations by those women don't become public, Brown would have been playing for the Patriots this season. I did own up to my point of the argument being wrong, with the caveat that it only turned out to be wrong due to information none of us had when the trade was made. The Steelers would have gotten pennies on the dollar and the Patriots would have gotten the receiver they desperately needed for nothing. I'm sorry you can't or won't comprehend that, but it is a failing on your part, not mine.

12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Wait, hold on.

It wasn't until the sexual misconduct accusations surfaced that you changed your mind?

So even after the Raiders cut him which was before the first allegation surfaced you still thought the Steelers were mistaken in trading him?

LOL. You're so stubborn you'd rather look stupid than be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh spare me the drama. There's a difference between a personality disorder and mental illness. AB is a narcissist, a personality disorder. And even if they were the same, saying that you and he have the same mental illness is hardly making light of it. It may be offensive to you, but it is in no way making fun.

Of course we didn't know everything in the bullet points. That's not the point though. But we did know enough to realize that it wasn't going to work out with the Steelers and AB based on those bullet points that were known.

14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Crying about a personal attack in........3.............2...............1...................

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It isn't drama. You were out of line. End of story.

You're still missing the point. At this point I have to assume that is a willful ignorance. Until the accusations of sexual misconduct, Brown had managed to manipulate his way out of Pittsburgh. He thought he was going to be able to keep his bonus from the Raiders but play for the Patriots. The Steelers wanted no part of him playing for the Patriots, but there he was and New England got him for nothing. At that point, the situation had worked out as badly as possible for the Steelers. Then new information came to light. That is the part you don't want to acknowledge.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers were the ones who looked stupid when the Patriots got him for nothing. If you have even a shred of a clue, you know that. Do you have a shred of a clue?

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You nailed it with sabotage. I don’t think AB wants to play football anymore much in the way Kaepernick sabotaged his workout that the NFL set up for him. That would help to explain some of his brain dead behavior.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's possible, though I don't think applying logic to his behavior is the best idea at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    yep, they looked stupid. Then 7 days later, they looked like freaking geniuses. And if the Patriots end up paying him, then they look like idiots.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Patriots aren't going to be paying him beyond that one game check. He gave them the out when he sent those text messages to one of his accusers.

Unless the Steelers actually knew about those accusations when they made the deal, they weren't geniuses at all. If that doesn't come out of nowhere, they end up in a terrible scenario. They would have given up a player they clearly need. They not only got less value than they should have, they got less than they could have because they were so concerned about him ending up on the Patriots, they refused to send him there for a first-round pick. Then the Patriots ended up getting him for nothing anyway.

21. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    You’re still here?

22. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    The Steelers hid AB’s issues well. AB was a jackass at CMU, and just got bigger.

AB’s not mentally ill. He’s mentally weak.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Antonio Brown at the moment is in jail.

Pretty well sums it up.

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The Longest Yard 3 will be coming out soon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You were ever here?