1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 21, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It set a precedent for me once. :hehehe:

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The continued buffoonery by this idiot makes me wonder about his chances of ever making the HOF. I am not sure he achieved what was needed to be enshrined but he did have some impressive stats before leaving the Steelers. So, do you think he did have a chance before he left? How about now after all this other trouble? I don't think he gets in now but could have if he stayed here. Funny how that will work out if true. This poor excuse for anything may have just destroyed any shot at HOF immortality.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he was on track for the Hall of Fame by the end of last season. Perhaps his resume would have come up short anyway, but his asinine behavior probably ended his career prematurely and it will certainly hurt him with the voters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

He will never make the Hall Of Fame unless he owns up to all this nonsense, does a complete 180, seeks professional help, gets signed by a team and put up astronomical numbers the likes that have never been seen before.

It would probably be easier for him to start an NFL Hall Of Shame though. I could list 25 or 30 off the top of my head to get the inaugural class up and running.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He really went off the deep end man. Maybe he has CTE or some type or brain injury.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Your last paragraph is so true especially if he is an undiagnosed suffer of some sort of bipolar disorder. My first experience with bipolar was my younger brother's diagnosis. He had to spend almost a year in a development home not because he was slow or a troubled teen but to teach him coping strategies and provide him structure. He was able to thrive, graduate college and is making a heck of a living. Both my biological kids have sensory processing disorder and without structure there is no way we could function on a daily basis. If AB is suffering from any of the related disorders he is adrift now with out that structure.

Edit: Case in point my kids are off schedule due to the holiday on Monday, my being sick with the flu, and going skating because the weather is above 10 degrees. Both are having meltdowns tonight.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I didn't use green font.

I admire your conviction though. It's truly impressive.

8. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    He’s acting like a lot of people who’ve had head injuries, wouldn’t be surprised if he has a bleed on his brain. He needs to see medical professionals.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I called him going to NE from way early on. Little did I know he'd mess that gig up. Dude had the NFL by the horns at that point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I'm happy you're ok but I don't see the comparison.

CTE comes from repeated shots to the head, not any one specific event, no matter how bad it is.
    I think most people think that it's some form of CTE that manifested with that crushing hit.

Regardless, his step dad just got interviewed about him and it's really really not pretty, CTE or not. (and the interview itself is pretty painful to get through as well.)

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    HOF? I think, given the path he's on, AB is more likely to be dead or in jail in 5 yrs than in consideration for the Hall. The guys got problems and everyone seems to know it but him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Crash and burn........And in a sick kinda way I find it very amusing...

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He needs to be in a straitjacket

14. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    antonio-brown-who.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He had first ballot hall of fame talent. Just sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Given all that has happened now, I feel sorry for him. Not in a facetious way either. I really have the upmost sympathy for him.

I knew he was going to eventually pay for his transgressions. I never thought it would escalate to this level. Assuming all goes well after the conclusion of this investigation he is going through, I do wish and hope he gets the help he so desperately needs.

I honestly hope he does get that help. What has happened to him over the course of these past couple of months is no longer comical. This is now become VERY SERIOUS.

Wishing him all the best of luck in his future endeavors.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It helps that I'm right and I know what I'm talking about, especially when it comes to the desperate need some athletes have for structure and support.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah because the Steelers were the last chance he had at structure, the last NFL team he was on. The Raiders and Patriots were just a dream lol

Again, I admire your conviction. 10 months later and you’re staying on the ship. A ship that isn’t sinking any more, but a ship that’s been deteriorating at the bottom of the sea for the last 4 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently the Steelers gave AB support and structure. The Steelers managed AB as best they could for many years until AB cracked. AB's career probably wouldn't had lasted as long as it did if another team drafted him.

At some point nothing can be done for some people because they are stubborn, don't seek the proper help, ignore the advice, don't take their medications, or simply don't follow the overall treatment plan.

20. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...brown-ever-return-pros-complicated-nfl-legacy

AB wouldn't had lasted long with the strict rules in NE. He didn't last long anyway.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Arrest warrant has been issued with no bond set. He is going to find out real fast what life is like without the protection of the Shield or your agent covering up for your dumb mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    AB's credit cards are maxed out. He has no money left. It's over. Bankruptcy. No more helicopters, no more beach condos in Florida and LA.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm talking about the way he has spiraled since the Patriots cut him loose. The sexual assault accusations led to the loss of the structure he clearly needed. I'd consider admiring your conviction if you were doing a better job of keeping up.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Or maybe he wouldn't have gotten this bad if he had a coach who didn't enable so much of his bull**** the way Tomlin did. Either path is possible.

25. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Not according to AB's history. The Steelers managed him as best they could. He would had been out of the league sooner if it were not for Tomlin's people management skills. That's clear after everything that's transpired.

Playing hard ball with today's athletes generally doesn't work. Especially with a nut job like AB.

• Agree Agree x 1