1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

95th East-West Shrine Bowl

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 13, 2020.

1. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    :this!::drinks:

2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I finally go around to watching this game and will say this the first half wasn't a whole lot of wow plays but the 2nd half had them. This is what I noticed during the game:

East Team:

90 Marino, 93 Agim and 94 Danna all were pretty good. I was really impressed with Marino and Agim showed a quick step.

54 Colman and 56 Pinckney both show good stuff. Coleman could be a very good late round or FA steal imo. Pinchney looked like an ILB and really made plays inside the tackles.

95 Highsmith didn't show great stuff but he was around the ball a lot. There was a lot of hype on him coming into this game.

27 CB Motley made plays keep an eye on him

53 C Williams was impressive, he made lots of blocks but then again the whole east oline was good but Williams stood out to me.

47 TE Wolf caught just about everything.

88 WR Bradley showed good hands on the TD catch.

10 WR/QB Malcom Perry has a place in the NFL this kid can move. Would be a nice player for gadget plays or option/wildcat.

77 OT Womack was the only olineman that I thought stung on this team. He got beat like a drum.

West Team

82 TE Houston had a great TD catch and later in the game showed off his blocking. Had the key block on Robinson's long TD run.

19 WR Victor went up and took the ball on a duck thrown in double coverage for a TD.

40 LB Houston JR showed some real good read and react.

91 DE Tuszka had good pressure on QB, had a hit on the QB which led to an easy INT for Kirk who ended up with defensive MVP.......and it started with pressure.

32 DB Acy had a very good play on a wr screen where he had to switch and read the play and dropped an INT.

There you go that was my quick view there were some nice RB's that had good games Robinson, LaMay and Killins looked good.

72 OG Iwuagwu stunk I seen at least twice he grabbed the jersey and was never called, the announcers even said it. He was beat badly all day......no ty

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like to see who we meet with at these games and so far I found this:

Pittsburgh Steelers

• QB Kevin Davidson, Princeton

I am not gonna lie I am disappointed basically since a team gets unlimited chances to meet with players I feel this is a perfect opportunity to get to know these guys before the meetings start counting towards the 30. Here is the list of teams and players:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/prospect-team-meeting-tracker-from-2020-shrine-bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Must have our eyes on younger players as usual. :cool:

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Must have our eyes on younger players as usual. :cool:

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Seems like a half-hearted effort with so many there. Maybe more come out later, they usually do. The Steelers prospect visit tracker list is usually pretty short. They must do interviews more discretely. I would guarantee they met with more than one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah for some reason the players they meet with is usually slow to report....which is a good thing I guess. The other thing is yeah the list is always short and I don't get it. Why not meet with as many as you can when they don't count towards the "30" visits? I just feel like every year this is a chance to meet with any kid and they waste these chances.......jmo