1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers path back to the playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Drama queens going at it, Ben vs. Haley...lol
    Ben won

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes but bringing Haley back could be our secret weapon in 2021 if we don’t get 30 mil. worth of football out of Ben next year....lol. We will have money to burn..lol

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bring back Whisenhunt, Haley would be making waves with the other prima donnas.
    He was great until he got to the red zone...lol
    Him or Ben trying to throw it in from inside the one?...lol

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It was tongue in cheek. We can get out of Ben’s second year if he doesn’t perform next year just by bringing Haley back...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think our current OC is a waste of time and money. Ben has shown through the years with the no-huddle and it was evident this year that Fuchtner provides little if anything.

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's impossible to tell what Ju Ju is or can be. He had no help from the QB position or the OC position.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's true but Washington and Johnson had the same QBs throwing to them, and those 2 guys had a better season than JuJu.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you for real? You want to pay top dollar for a WR coming off a disappointing season :facepalm:. FYI, it's a lot easier to find another WR than it is to find a franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good hygiene is important

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Are you aware of sarcasm? I guess not. He had two great seasons prior to last year. Record setting in fact. Hell, dupree had 4 disappointing seasons before this year. If our franchise qb was throwing to him in this disappointing season you may have some teeth in your thinking. Not the case and add in his injury and this is foolish to keep getting rid of your good players. :cool:

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    JuJu 2 good seasons was with AB on the team, they should let the season play out, then decide what to do with JuJu.

12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Juju will probably be resigned by the Steelers unless he wants to leave. The Steelers have an uncertain future at QB now. So who knows what will happen.

13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I can’t help but think there is a new status quo in the NFL, this is a young man’s game. 49ers and Chiefs are the future.

Steelers need to keep up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yes, the RB selection may be the biggest issue next to Ben's return. As I stated, I like where we are with Whyte and Samuels at RB and their skill sets. Now, lets get a Big Bruiser-Type RB to help Ben; the old or new Ben at that. This should be not be difficult to achieve in the draft as it is constantly stated that good RBs can usually be found in the later rounds and that the RB position is probably the easiest for rookies to adjust to.

Also, trim Ben's passing attempts down to 20-25/game which will lead to less stress on that elbow. No need to sling it 40-50 times/game if the ideal RB situation materializes. This is up to the OC and HC to implement a sensible game-plan that does not "overuse" Ben.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just like they talked about at the end of the 49ers game and what lynch has done out there. The first thing he did was build the trenches on both sides of the ball. They're backup rb went for 200 yards. The defensive line is good. The LB are good. We can't go back to vince as a starter. We need to fix this oline. Not here though, we will keep foster and pouncey and Vince and lose hargraves and Dupree and Conner and dump barron and not use UG3.

Three guys I pounded the table for in the past drafts are doing quite well. Deebo samuels and fred warner and kittle. I know We can't get them all but......

We need to invest in the o and d lines. It's not the sexy picks but man do they pay off. :cool:

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    With the QB's we had throwing the ball, there are defensive backs who had better years than Ju Ju but that is not a body of work I would want to rate him on.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wonder who washes him?

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Again!

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Catch up?

20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The transformation of the 49ers since Lynch and Shanahan took the reins is absolutely remarkable. That is how you build a football team! They have hit on so many draft picks, although I think coaching is a lot to do with it. Their stable of running backs would be just ‘guys’ on other teams but they are tearing it up in that SF scheme.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Exactly. Did they hit on so many draft picks or are they being properly developed and utilized in their scheme? Doing more with less? Seems foreign to us.....

22. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Who you want for a new HC? Vrabel? Zimmerman? Harbaugh? Did you see the eggs they laid with all their starters playing?? I assure you we would have been right in it with our starters. Yesterday was a joke, we played the niners better than GB did even with our back up. I cannot understand wtf people are watching when they slam Tomlin about this year. These sons a bitc$s lost with complete teams? Did the you see the Saints and Patriots?? Fire all those guys too?? Munchak? Denver’s line looked like a pasta strainer. Get rid of the defensive coordinator? After the way they performed this year? Tear it all down now? Wtf dude??

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I feel like it’s gonna be a long drought lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ... keep up with the Jones'.
    ... keep pace.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Sorry, but winning one game out of the last 3 would have given the Steelers a 6 seed. The failure to do so is inexcusable. The coaching staff should bear some of the responsibility for losing to the Jets and a Ravens team sitting most of their starters. The Bills game I can deal with... they were clearly the better team. Actually, I'm glad they didn't make it because the Titans deserved the playoffs more than the Steelers.

The Steelers are gonna remain stagnant, IMO... until some major changes are made. The window is shut now and the coaching staff is mainly responsible for the under achieving teams of 2014-2017. It all starts at the top.

• Agree Agree x 1