1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    There is no argument between us. You would have to bring more than repetitive drivel for there to be an argument.

My apologies to the rest of the board. I meant no disrespect. I just don't respect you.

You're welcome.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It was half the Ravens at home but....:drinks:

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hmmmmmm you know some of the guys here???????? :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Lol. where I come from we have trees not buildings

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This right here is what is wrong, you post about the last game of the season and how some of us say it should of been a win and then have to throw the tomlin BS into it. Then I go down to read the thread and find out you didn't even watch the game and want to say our practice team was suppose to beat out resting rival.........YES THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO. Must be you failed to watch the reast of the game this season, you know especially the one where we took the mighty Ratbirds into overtime and should have beat them that time. You know where we held Mr. MVP to one of if not his worst day of the year, 3 int's and a 20 QBR.

The point you guys(Tomlin Backers) want to over look in this discussion that we are having is this. We were at 8 wins and all the talk was COTY which I totally agreed with. We were sitting very pretty for a playoff spot having to win 1 game and had the Bills, Jets and Rats left. We could have been at 11 wins.....for some that think we could have been 3-13, 8 + 3 = 11....... all 3 of them teams were very beatable. You can't bring up the "playing with practice squad guys" when we lose these games and then talk about COTY when we win with them same players.

My problem is when some of us what to talk about the facts on why we lose and why we don't make the playoffs it turns into some saying we are tomlin bashing. You all can call it what you want that is fine I call it seeing the way it is. We are now 2 seasons without playoffs, yes I agree this year was bad with so many injuries and yet we still had a chance at the playoffs. I have said many time MT did a very good job until we got to him favorite number 8, to keep that non losing record so many here love. So let's continue last playoff win 2017 after a 13-3 record....ONE AND DONE! 2016 won 2 games one without scoring a TD and one vs Matt freakin Moore, but none the less we won and then lost to the Pats in the AFCCG. 2015 went 1-1 lost to Manning and Denver who went on to win the SB ok fine, 2014 10-6 one and done......and 2011 12-4 ONE AND DONE embarrassing loss to Tebow.

So since our last SB a loss by the way we are 3-5 in the playoffs and have missed the playoffs 4 of them 9 years. In that time period we have had some of the best players in football on the offensive side of the ball. We continued to pump out WR's but yet our HC who came from the defensive side of the ball could not get us a good defense. If you and some of these other guys are satisfied with the results from that time period I get the support for MT, I am not satisfied. I understand you can't win it every year or even every other year however the teams we have had in the last 9 years should have came out with 1 SB at least. Kinda like we should have won on of our last 3 winnable games this year to make the playoffs..........I am not a MT hater I want to see my team win and IMO MT has been given enough chances to do that and time to move on. If he don't win this year it is time to cut bait!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Damn son....bringing a nuke to a knife fight. I like your style....:shrug::facepalm::shrug::facepalm::shrug::facepalm:.......

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Gotcha. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Again going into Baltimore expecting a win is a mirage. Tomlin's fault you tell me, not buying it. We, the Steelers & Ravens/oldBrowns have been the biggest rivalry since Dan Rooney used their franchise as a template to produce a winner.
    Facts:
    Since Big Ben has been facing the Ravens:
    16-19 overall
    __11-8 in Pittsburgh
    __ 5-11 in Baltimore
    This is with Ben mostly

Don't let the facts get in the way, we should have beat the Raven backups at their house. :facepalm:

Carry on with the Tomlin sucks we can do better, we will see.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Adding humor is not throwing out racist insults, whether aimed at yourself or others, and then accusing others of being racist. And I have no doubt that after 9/11, there were idiots/racists that said and did things that were appalling to most of us. But there were hundreds of people you met every day that didn’t treat you that’s way. To assume everyone is racist, and to treat everyone that way, is kind of self-defeating.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Just tired of the whole if you say something bad about our team you are called a Tomlin hater.......I wan the same thing as most of us here and that is another SB. Some like to come back with "well I want the same thing but I don't keep saying that in every post" and I come back with dude you are on a message board....wtf?????

• Like Like x 2
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yes we can and will at some point you carry on with the hand holding singing the MT praises and finding excuses why he keeps losing. The facts are the facts 4 of the last 9 years we have been sitting home but that's ok MT has never had a non losing season...........

At the end of the day who gets credit for wins and losses??????

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Wins- Big Ben & his boys. lucky that Popcorn doesn't screw things up.
    Losses- ALL on Popcorn. He should have won EVERY game.

Some of the posters on here...:goofy:

Go in to Baltimore for a must win...:rawk:

Getting the job done against a team that consistently beats us down on their field...:roflmao:

All Tomlin's fault...our players & how they play...nothing to do with it...:facepalm:

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Dude did you hear me say that, wtf???? I have been on here saying if we didn't can him last year you can't can him this year with all the injuries. However the facts are the facts and they don't lie, if you choose to look at it one way fine but don't complain about people looking at it differently.

Wins..........Lucky we have Tomlin and his non losing season to lead the way

Losses........we couldn't win with Ben and company can't blame Tomlin

Who do you blame?????

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Both
    Tomlin would not be in Cowher's league without Ben.
    Ben likes spotting the opposition some points. It's like a kick in the rear to get him focused.

Tomlin has proven he has what it takes to take a team of winners to the SB.
    Ben needs someone else to be the team leader. He hasn't done anything without the leadership of Bettis, Harrison, Polamalu, Hines, Farrior, Hampton, Heath, A. Smith.

Ben needs some help.
    Tomlin is along for the ride. He needs to quit letting the players tell the story ala T. Dungy & put his foot in some azzes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Now we are on the same page but I guess I am reading this different, no? I agree with what you are saying here but in the end what has to change? Right now what has to change for us to be a SB team, don't say injuries cause 2 years ago we had a high flying offense and couldn't get it done.

I will say something here that might not make many happy but.......today first year coach Matt LaFleur is taking his team to the NFCCG. With that said he is replacing a coach in McCarthy who in 13 season missed the playoff's 3 times was fired in the forth season. His last 2 season(one he was fired in) they didn't make the playoffs after 8 straight appearances.....they canned him and now look NFCCG. He has very similar numbers as MT with very much the same success and look at the Packers go. This is my point man, I love that the Rooneys don't overreact and can people but enough is enough we are- have been pissing away great opportunities and it is time for a change. And to the people that keep saying good luck with the next guy, well I just game ya proof it can happen.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am trying to change it, but the Rooneys won’t sell the controlling interest in the team to me for some reason. I mean... like $100k isn’t a fair offer for that... SMH

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Keep trying, you'll wear them down over time. Or make them an offer they can't refuse.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Miss the playoffs again & yeah can him & Ben ($30mil backup).
    Won't happen next year though even if Ben can't go & Rudolph gets beat down again & again & again (man that kid got clobbered last year). Have to play out our hand without any trump cards...lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    [QUOTE="BURGH43STEL, post: 757642, member: 180"]I believe Mundy was the guy that guessed wrong and didn't play his pass coverage responsibility. As a result, the team loss the game on a big play.

I think something is wrong with an individual that hangs onto something that happened almost 10 years ago. You are not going to change anyone's mind. They believe Tomlin isn't a good coach contrary to what others believe. By others I mean his fellow coaches & players, former coaches & players, members of the media, and most importantly his bosses.[/QUOTE]

He did that multiple times during that game.

He was cut soon after.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey NY STEELERFAN. I hope all is well my friend.

This whole topic is redundant and quite frankly boring. I have been on this board for a little more than four months now. It is always the same posters maintaining their positions. That is fine. I respect the loyalty whichever side of the fence one may be on. What I do not respect is when posters take a position and do not back it up with facts. You did, and that is why I chose to respond to you for this thread. Some posters are so blind to their Tomlin loyalty that they cannot get past the trees to see the entire woods.

I have stated my position on this topic numerous times here. I was, and repeat, was a Tomlin supporter for about the first five years of his tenure. He was handed over a championship caliber team and did what he was suppose to do, keep the train rolling. He won a Super Bowl in Year#2 and that was great! However, his journey paralleled that of George Siefert when he took over for Bill Walsh at San Francisco and when Barry Switzer took over for Jimmie Johnson at Dallas. In both situations, these two coaches were handed talent-loaded teams and won Super Bowls.

Now, this is where the fork in the road came for me about Tomlin. As Cowhers' players started to move on, it became apparent that Tomlin was really not a very effective coach. It is not his regular season record that is the problem. However, losing to "inferior" teams still remains an issue. It is his post-season accomplishments, in this case lack thereof is the issue. And in fact, in support of Tomlin, he and Management have done a pretty good job of drafting on both sides of the ball, except for secondary personnel which is supposedly his area of expertise. The issue is what has he accomplished with his drafts and teams overall. Honestly, not much.

This is where the truest of Tomlin fans can not get past their blind loyalty. I will not list his lack of successes because we all here know what they are. The regular season record goes out the window IMO. I want Championships. And based off of all the talent that he had to work with on the Offense, plus his "supposed" Defense expertise, he has fallen well short of expectations and concrete results.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Steelwinds

Thanks for the kind words and efforts you put into your posts. I agree with what you are saying here and glad we are on the same page. You bring up great points and I agree with them. I am not here to bash Tomlin but the proof is there. Yes it is great we have had 3 coaches in the last 50 years or whatever and the fact that our ownership lets them do their thing. However that is great when you win and it has been awhile since we have won, imo a winning record/non losing record is not the prize. The prize especially when we have all this talent is super bowls.

• Like Like x 1
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    But, he's doing it with McCarthy's players...….

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    .....Just like someone else we know.......:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not for awhile. His drafting might be the culprit for the failed rebuild so far.

• Like Like x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Switzer? Gruden? Seifert?