1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

INCREDDDDIBLE COWBOYS RANT!!!!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Sep 21, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I know TTF will have to move this but I just wanted to let as many people know as possible that there is a new you tube video that was posted this week after the cowgirls lost to the seahawks. It is called "cowboys look pathetic vs the seahawks" and OH MY HOW FUNNY IT IS!!! It's a fan ranting about how crappy the girls looked. He mentions us and Cleveland. The line about Cleveland is an ALL TIME CLASSIC! If anyone is bored and looking for 5 minutes to make them laugh hysterically they DEFINITELY should check this out. Hopefully someone can move it in to the Watercooler. EVERY Steelers fan should see this video. If you think WE are bad after losses sometimes just check this guy out and you will see that we are like Ghandi or something.

Happy to help

[badwords:2n0qfdnl][youtube:2n0qfdnl]ifE6XkqMX9g[/youtube:2n0qfdnl][/badwords:2n0qfdnl]

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow! Who's he talking to? Change the names and he could have been posting on here after the Broncos game. :lolol: Dez Bryant in Cleveland! That was pretty good. :lolol:

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    After adding the vid to your post, I finally got around to watching it. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ummm.... sounds a tad like ... me (immediately after an embarrassing loss at least). :oops: :facepalm: I like this guy. Oh, he's a dirty, filthy Cowboy fan, but I like him.

"I'll be fine by Tuesday" (paraphrasing). :roflmao: I can sympathize with that too.

Ummm, I don't see the difference.

4. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
  5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I also am like this after a loss. The other day I was talking to someone about crazy sports fans and how they take it too seriously and my wife said "YOU WERE YELLING AT THE TV THAT YOU WISH SOME OF THE STEELERS PLAYERS WOULD DIE DURING THE BRONCOS GAME!!!" and I was like "I WAS??!" I think we get so caught up in the moment that we just lose sight of how truly fanatical we can be. I will admit though that it would be better for me to never allow myself to be taped watching a game because I probably would say some stuff in the heat of the moment that would make me sound like some crazed serial killer. LOL.

6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    If you think that's bad...

For the start of the 1995 season, my wife presented me with a present: A heavy bag mounted on my porch (the door to which was just 3 steps from my couch at the time).

Now the reason why.

In the immediate aftermath of the 1994 AFC Championship game, I punched a door repeatedly to the point it resembled swiss cheese. The rage not having been quelled, I proceeded to go outside, and destroyed my mailbox too. Why? No idea. I was literally seeing red.

She said "now you have something to take it out on. Please don't break anything else."

So by comparison, my verbal tirades are nothing. :oops: That heavy bag came in handy during SB XXX too. :frustrated:

I'm actually much calmer and gentle now. My venting is usually enough. At least I've never wished someone dead... well, maybe I did for NOD. :roflmao:

7. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    OMG That was hilarious!!! What a gem!

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! The funniest rage story I know is a guy I used to work with got so mad at Mike Tyson's Punch Out that he took it outside and started slamming it against trees and beating it with a baseball bat! LOL! Now I've destroyed a few controllers in my day but to BEAT AN NES GAME WITH A BAT?! That's pretty disturbing! I also have a friend who is a devoted Giants hater and when they went to the NFC championship game in 07 and were fixing to seal the deal against the Packers his little brother came in there and started talking smack. Now keep in mind my friend at this point was 25 and his brother was 9. He got so mad at him for talking smack that he said "If you don't get outta here I'm gonna punch you in the face as hard as I possibly can!" So I would say that threatening to commit a felony is also anger that needs help to be managed. I've never understood WHY we get so mad. I mean it's not like it affects us win OR lose. It's really a totally passive experience. We can have no bearing on the game either way. The psychology of people like us would be VERY interesting to study. I'm the kind of person you could punch in the face and I would just tell you that I will pray for you. But let Ike Taylor miss a tackle and I'm ready to start killing somebody. I'll never understand that but I'm sure most of us are that way.

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    A lot of it is just poor impulse control. And it isn't healthy at all. Thankfully, that incident I talked about was the one and only time I was destructive. And I'm really not a violent person, so almost 20 years later, I still can't say for sure where that came from.

Now as to the why fans get so caught up in it, that's easier. After all, "fan" is a derivative of "fanatic." I suppose it's part of human nature to have the need to belong to something greater than ourselves. Right or wrong, healthy or not, we make our team part of our identity. How often do sports fans use the term "we" when talking about our team? We're not on the payroll. Nothing we do affects the team directly. Yet we feel that we belong, and they are part of us. In that, perhaps we get more enjoyment out of the experience than mere entertainment. But the double edge is we suffer psychologically when the team fails. I dare say that the majority of people are immune to this problem, and they have a hard time understanding how we can get so intense about it. At the same time, people in our boat can't understand how someone can stay detached. It's not black and white, of course. There are varying degrees, which we can observe even on this board. But all of us could benefit from taking a step back when our emotions start to get the better of us.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    That's frickin' hilarious, Ray.

I have a heavy bag as well. :|

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Raise your hand if you're happy that you're not that guy.

<-- raises hand

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah im pretty bad as well i dont wish death on the team but i find myself sqying they are an embarrassment to the uniform and it should be changed before the next game so they cant taint it anymore then they have. When ben didnt see wallace in denver i think i called him every name in the book

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I really think the guy that I was the most mad at in that Denver game would have to be Todd Haley. I just had too many expectations. When we ran it all the way down the field and then got to the redzone and threw it instead of running that infuriated me. I was just thinking "why did we get rid of BA if this is gonna be what we do"? I was also putting death wishes out for Ike and Keenan Lewis as well.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If I would've been your wife I would have bought you a p.o. box! LOL.

15. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I can think of two separate drives in that game that ended with Haley calling a pass play, the receiver being WIDE open -- like, blown coverage wide open -- and Ben missing him. Once Ben underthrew Heath by like 10 yards, and the other time, when he was throwing to Pope, the ball was tipped at the line. I think getting the defense to blow a coverage from the 3 yard line is pretty impressive for an OC, and Haley did it twice. The players have to hold up their end, too. Those should have both been touchdowns.

16. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    MAN! I love it..... I need to send it to my next door neighbor who is a serious CowGirl Fan. He needs to know. I can't wait until the Steelers put the beat down on them!

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    But atleast you're not this guy.... (I'll just post link for now, TTF or Ray can post the video in the thread with one of those Language Warnings... because it is very explicit, but hilarious).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ