1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Last year is over bruh, time to move on :shrug:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok admit your whole argument makes no sense and move on. It was a mistake that they rectified with the hiring of Canada and seeing how it was the first and only move they made so far I’d say it was a important one. They realize it....you don’t have to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    you are right turnovers are tough to overcome but 11 was possible.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    dis I say it was easy I said it was possible. The same way it was possible for us to have won 8 games prior to that. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    yeah it is pretty funny sometimes, I just don’t get it. Maybe if we had better coaching for duck or mason we could have been better. Oh wait who is responsible for duck and Mason even being on the team.....oh that’s right the HC. Oh man yeah I went there smh :shrug::shrug::shrug::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::shrug::shrug::shrug:

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    so they didn’t hire one last year cause they didn’t want Mason to develop? That make no sense they hired one because the saw how wrong they were not to have one with these young QB’s. OBVIOUSLY

• Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    come on man move on that was last year. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Only if you’re willing to acknowledge 8+3=11.....

9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It was possible the team could had finished 3-13 too.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It sure is but that wasn't what people were talking about here. It is possible that I hit the lotto as well........

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    upload_2020-1-18_19-26-26.gif

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, you did have numbers in there, but where are your stats. Don't you know you have to have stats before offering an opinion. @Formerscribe has stated many many times that without stats, opinions are baseless and false. And WITH stats, opinions cannot be argued against. Stats even reverse hair loss and can get you out of speeding tickets. The Harbaugh Intuitive Prediction Assessment Algorithm (HIPAA...look it up) is 100% accurate 75% of the time for determining the outcome of a play before it happens. And it is 327% accurate 0% of the time on 4th down in the playoffs. You can't argue with stats, dude. ;)

14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm not from NY. A word to the wise who visit. Don't stand on the left side of an escalator. You'll be lucky not to get shanked. :blink:

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Please show some respect for the rest of the board and don't drag an argument between us to other threads. If you want to beat up straw men, do it where the conversation is already ongoing. Thank you.

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Did i i just read that the Ravens backups at home should have been a win?
    Our practice squad team was suppose to go into Baltimore & beat their biggset rival on their turf?
    Not well thought out, just a rush to pin it on Tomlin...smh

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know about “should “ of but is it out of the realm of possibility that a team with a playoff berth on the line couldn’t win the game.? Baltimore was resting all it’s key starters. We had everyone at our disposal besides Conner. Snell ran for a respectable 91 yds so missing Conner wasn’t a huge factor. Our whole D was intact and played. I don’t see why it’s such a stretch. A team playing for everything and a team playing for bragging rights. There enough to pin on Tomlin I don’t see this as a case of misguided criticism.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Only if you want to pin it on Tomlin which is the reason for this trolls thread. You keep forgetting about them being our biggest rival (both ways imo) that have it in for us because well...we usually knock them out of the playoff spot that comes with the division title. The excuses won't sway my opinion of us having a chance to go into Baltimore & knock off their "back-ups". They didn't play any of their starters? Hogwash
    Now if one could get past the Tomlin bashing & argue that the players didn't want the game bad enough, i i could agree with that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The HC is ultimately responsible for his team’s performance. It was a 16-10 game starting the 4th quarter. Did you watch that game? Jk...:hehehe:. They obviously didn’t take the game that seriously if they rested their key starters. Hogwash you say but the truth is they rested their starters. The game got out of hand when our “starting “ punter fumbled the snap. Your entitled your opinion but mine is it’s not out of the question they could of won the game. A 16-10 score after 3 quarters tells me they had a chance but fell apart at the end. So it’s not that crazy....

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Edit: The point wasn’t to blame Tomlin specifically for that loss. The point is they had 3 chances to win a game that would of put them in the playoffs and they lost all 3. Unless we shouldn’t of been expected to win any of them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree about the dismal finish & Tomlin should be held responsible for the whimpering late season, playoff tragedies. My only point was that comment was a colossal reach to roast'em some Popcorn.

24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nah man I get it. I’m looking at the 3 games. You lose the first, ok go win the second, you lose the second, you need to find a way to win that last game. I don’t feel the odds were that against us. Now if they were playing their full team I would say ,no way. You can’t even look at the QB numbers and say that’s where the Ravens has the advantage. RG3 and Duck put up identical passing numbers. He did hurt us with his legs but they were basically as one dimensional as we were.and we let them run for 220yds.
    It’s 2 years in a row now the team collapsed down the stretch....that’s on the HC just like all the praise he gets when he’s a COTY candidate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Actually I did not get to see that game but was glued to NFL Gameday hoping for a win. Tomlin let them run for 220yds? Had us in the wrong package when they were running rough shed over our passing d? Again I repeat...it was the Ravens at home. If the Clowns had a decent fo then Ben probably doesn't hold all the passing records in their stadium. :drinks: