1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mock It

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Jan 15, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Time to have a little fun and get away from some of the negative threads going on. This is meant to be fun and to interact with each other in FUN/GOOD way. I am using this mock so don't say player "so and so" won't be there. Just curious to see what other here feel and what direction you would like to see us go, yes I know it don't have our 3rd round comp rick. Have fun ya'll

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft/2020-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round-1.asp

2 - 49 Dobbins RB
    4 - 101 Bryant TE
    4 - 114 Agim DT
    5 - 136 Hennessy C
    6 - 178 Love QB
    7 - 209 Coleman edge/olb

Hard to hit all our needs with limited picks however I felt like I did ok getting some of them. Dobbins can be the #1 RB we are looking for( I know he won't fall here). Starting to like this Bryant kid he can be a very good receiving threat. Like what I am reading about Agim at the Shrine game, Hennessy could be our future C. 6th round for Love is awesome and with QB the most important position I am taking a chance here. Coleman is a wild card for me......

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    If one of the top RBs are on the board in the 2nd, I'm taking him.

Re-stock the OL. Take a NT if Hargrave gets away.

I know there will be alot of calls to take a TE but I just don't see it yet. Go the FA route. Is Gentry really that bad?

• Like Like x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Like what you are saying however look at the FA TE's they are not very good. When you get time check out this Bryant kid from Washington, in the little I have watched I like him a ton. Many are down on this TE draft class but the more I start checking them out the more I like them, jmo. I don't have an opinion on Gentry since I really have seen him but the question I ask is with all the injuries we had why didn't he see the field?

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I really am looking forward to learning more about OL Matt Hennessy from Temple. Most of what I"ve read has been positive.

I had that other mock in a different thread where I went defense in round 2, but re-thinking that, no way they go defense with their first pick. Gotta be offense you would think

• Like Like x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Najee is off the board. Going back to school.

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Just having a very bad health day. Nothing personal.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I'm very sorry to hear this, I will include you in my prayers and I hope that you're feeling better soon!

I recently went through a health issue myself, so I know how feeling sick sucks...

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks, but feeling better soon is not likely. I will be satisfied to stay as is and not get worse but even that is not likely either. Again, thanks.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think rader is that bad. Work with these young guys. Bring vannett back. :cool:

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    OL
    OL
    RB
    OLB
    DL
    Punter.

12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If I was forced into a RB early (2nd or 3rd) , Zack Moss from Utah would be my guy. Other than that, Im going the UDFA route this year if any at all. Just don't think they look in the RB direction much at all.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I honestly think Dobbins could be there. I have a feeling that he could be the guy that drops due to a 40 time on the slower end. Although Etienne coming back to school takes one more RB off the board that mightve gone before him. Either way I dont think we are looking at RB in round 2. I believe that they are high on Snell and Samuels is a quality 3rd down back. Kerrith Whyte showed some promise as well, an thats not even including getting Conner back healthy (for howeer long that is). TE and OL are my most likely 2nd round selections unless we have someone available that gets a top 15 grade. Other than that I think you targeted the right positions. OLB becomes more pressing if Dupree is gone obviously (and tbh i think its still in the running for one of our middle pics (even 2nd rd). Like where your head is at.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I know it is very early and players will jump up and down due to pro days, combine and bowl games. I just feel after Dobbins gave vs Clemson where he played hurt he opened some eyes and may have put him in the late 1st round. If not I would be all over him with our pick in the 2nd round. I get that we have a crowded backfield but let me ask you this who is our #1? I mean you just said it about Conner's health and factor in he will be a FA after the 2020 season. I love Snell but he lacks the burst and he as well shown injury problems in his short time here. Samuels is nothing more than a 3rd down back and with so many questions in front of him can we afford to keep him with limited value? Love what I saw in Whyte and I am not sure if he could step in for Samuels but would be worth a look at.

So while we have bodies do we have quality? If Conner stays healthy yes and if not can Snell? I know we have bigger needs but depending on what happens in FA will there be better value at a position we need? I feel Dobbins can come in and add right away who else could? Is there going to be an OG that is better value, TE....OLB....SS? IDK and these will be the questions we will be asking as time get closer to the draft.

Keep your eyes on this Bryant kid TE from Washington he could be a nice grab with our comp pick. I don't really care if he is not much of a blocker, I am not wanting him to block he is a passing threat. The NFL is a passing league and we have coaches who can help him with him blocking but we run 2 TE's let the other guy be the blocker. Thanks for the comment.....:thumbs_up:

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AJ Dillon.

• Like Like x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  22. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    This year we can any which way! There are a lot of questions concerning this rooster, and we probably can't do it via FA and draft this year...

Great mock! I like your direction!

• Like Like x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Just another guy to keep an eye on in the Senior bowl, I know Mac has been talking about him and I see he is climbing up the charts on the so called experts draft boards......... Love reading these things

• Like Like x 1
  25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1