1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    That is a great point and I've said many times that was a terrible terrible loss. Losing to the Patriots at home the first time was a terrible terrible loss. (but if they cheated then we as Steelers fans got cheated as well). Cowher could have been to a couple more super bowls.

So my rebuttal to your Stan Humphries point is that Cowher won 7 straight games in 2005 to win a super bowl including 3 playoff road victories as a #6 seed. And what did Tomlin do after losing to Tebow? Lost to Bortles. Didn't learn much, did he? DON'T underestimate any team! Looked ahead to the Patriots and guess what, I guess he did save the Steelers another beating in Foxboro, right?

2. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Oh comeon man, I lobbed it up right for you.....

You were supposed to say I'll bet you watch from a 7-11 or a magic carpet, or why do you smell like curry? :)

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You do know the players are more responsible for the wins and losses, I mean they are the ones actually on the field playing the game :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not a racist, so no I wasn't going to say that :huh:.

5. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    But you thought it? Lol Racist.

Pengvin67
    This message by Pengvin67 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 4
  6. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Come on man, you can't let Tomlin off the hook that easy! He should have blown a gasket after the Tebow loss and made sure that was an anomaly. Again, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me....Right?

Or if you're George W, fool me once, shame on...uh you? Well, FOOL me once, you can't foo me AGAIN!

7. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    That's why Tomlin has been here something like 13 seasons.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That defense was getting old that season, Ike Taylor is to blame more than anybody else.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He has been here 13 seasons because the Rooney's want him here duh.

10. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    Not directed at you spencer...In general, There's no need to be like the Browns, of course, but why not try to find a McVay, LaFleur, McDermott. Why compare to the Browns when you can compare to a better job by an organziation that doesn't hold on to coaches past their prime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
    You mean opposed that he is here because they didn't want him duh

12. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    If you're referring to the Broncos, then why bring Troy to the line of scrimmage in OT? Isn't that coaching?

13. Spencer

Jan 25, 2016
    Excellent point and with diplomacy. Are you sure you are on the correct site ?

14. Pengvin67

Oct 7, 2019
    I just feel like the Steelers have had so much potential the last 9 years and it was blown up by an average coach. But to each their own. I used to have a lot of respect for Tomlin, but over the last 9 years, no way. Can't have all the issues the Steelers have had in the playoffs. No way. A great coach would have gotten the Steelers to the Super Bowl with the talent.

Thanks though spencer. I try not to take personal shots but I'm human, most days...;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m not saying he should be fired either. Guys just keep missing the point. The question is when will it be acceptable to talk about replacing him because to some it seems never. They will just blame talent and circumstances. You can say that for every HC. I know you and many others would love to see RF gone but think about how he got the job and you will realize he’s here until Ben says. Which brings me to two of my points. Who is responsible for his coordinators and who signs off on the game plans? Yup MT....

• Like Like x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    No it’s the little things that win games as well. Remember the game where if Hodges would of spiked the ball it would of given us a couple more chances to win the game? Maybe having specialized 1 on 1s on the details of being a QB could of helped in that situation and that’s just one off the top of my head. I don’t understand why you see things in only black and white.....there’s grey areas to most situations as well. So no he wouldn’t make Hodges have a stronger arm. It’s not always about physical tools it’s mental as well....

Why do you think all of a sudden they hired a QB coach? Answer: because having one helps.:facepalm::shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don’t say that over and over.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ...and no Ryan Clark for Tebow game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Clark could never play in that high altitude

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes...sickle cell disease.

22. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I believe Mundy was the guy that guessed wrong and didn't play his pass coverage responsibility. As a result, the team loss the game on a big play.

I think something is wrong with an individual that hangs onto something that happened almost 10 years ago. You are not going to change anyone's mind. They believe Tomlin isn't a good coach contrary to what others believe. By others I mean his fellow coaches & players, former coaches & players, members of the media, and most importantly his bosses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A QB coach can probably help Rudolph in the future, but Duck isn't a NFL QB, it's time for him to get on with his life's work.

24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

I think Mason still has a chance to be successful at this level. What gives me some optimism is the way he rebounded in the Jets' game after he was benched several weeks prior to that. As you may recall, he came in for Ben during the Seattle game and played well. His real only bad game was against the Browns; which was downright horrendous.

I guess Coach saw enough of him the next week and yanked him part way through the Bengals' game for Duck. It may have been the best thing for him. It seemed that the respite on the sidelines gave him a few weeks to "regroup" and he did in that Jets' game. It is unfortunate that he got hurt and could not finish up the season. That would have given us even a bigger body of work to evaluate him.

As for Duck, I had high but tentative aspirations for him. This was based on his success at the collegiate level. I realize that he came from a college program that was obviously not D-1. However, I was hoping that his big success amongst the college ranks was going to transfer to the NFL and give us one of the ultimate "Hidden Treasure" finds. I guess in one way I am still holding out hope that it works out for Duck with us but common sense tells me he is not NFL material.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm: