1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Translation is he constantly insults people on a message board if they don’t agree with his rose colored glasses nonsense.

Translation. Clown

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I didn’t see any insults in that particular post that you quoted?

3. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Read the thread. Come on man I don’t have time for these rain deer games. It doesn’t matter some people will make every excuse for the franchise and little Mikey it won’t ever change. Delusional thinking is a bigger problem of our society and fake news than arguing over a sports team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why you paying him? What if they go 6-10 next year?

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Certain posters we're licking their chops when Ben went down.

"Tomlin's gonna lose, yeah!"
    Their thought process

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    No they won 8 games. Vs the Dolphins Bengals twice Cleveland Arizona San Diego Indy and the big W the mighty 9-7 Rams!

combined win percentage of those teams .300

Let’s build the bronze TOMLIN statue!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Everyone keeps pointing to a 8-8 season being such a remarkable job because of the injuries . How about we put a little more perspective on that record? We needed to either beat Buffalo,Jets or a resting Ravens team to get in the playoffs. Guess how many of those we won? With Ben last year we needed to win a game down the stretch. Guess how many of those we won? Oh wait maybe going back to last year might even be too far for some. We wouldn’t want history and facts get in the way of our argument. Every team has injuries. The Jets had more injuries that any other team and we lost to them when we needed it so much more.

Is it too much to ask for a “good” coach and his staff to come up with a game plan to win one of those games? I don’t think so....

I don’t want to hear injuries and how great it was to finish 8-8. We needed to win 1 game the last 2 years and couldn’t. With Ben and without. That’s poor coaching....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    8-8 Mediocrity the new Pittsburgh standard!

Reading these boards makes you realize how pathetic times have become for this organization

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s a sign of the times....safe spaces and participation trophies for all....

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I live in NY now where criminals are free to roam the streets because bail is unfair!

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup. I’m in NY myself.

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Damn New Yorkers...................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @Jujubean don't you know it is not ok to post the say things over and over again but it is ok for some to keep posting over and over again that it isn't ok.........smh.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea it’s pretty sad. There’s always an excuse but in the end Steelers aren’t a threat to winning anything

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    As long as it fits the all is well narrative no issues! Meanwhile this franchise slips further and further into the abyss

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s not like the things being said about Tomlin and the results lately have no merit. When you miss the playoffs 2 years in a row there’s gonna be some backlash. Some may be going overboard with blame but most are just pointing out the flaws. Just because we can’t do anything about it doesn’t mean those who want to talk about it can’t. If it bothers some, then simply stay away. When you’re 8-8 there’s good and bad but some guys want to stick their fingers in their ears and LA, LA, LA the bad away and put time restraints on how far you are allowed to go back in his history.

A message board is for discussion. Discuss or don’t...it’s that simple. When you decide to talk down to people and hurl insults and tell them how to live their lives, it only means you don’t have a strong argument or are ignoring the facts.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I don't get it like you say it is a message board what do you do on a message board. Yet the ones that want to say we are saying the same stuff over still post about us saying the same stuff. Big question where are these guys in the other sections, there is a ton of draft talk and FA talk yet here they are wanting to put peoples opinions down. As for the say stuff well we just missed out on the playoffs for the 2nd year, that is new so I gues we are talking new stuff. Also go back through the threads when we won our 8th game there was a thread about non losing season.......are you effin kidding me?????? Non losing season may be good for some but if Tomlin is as good as some say he is then why aren't we winning the big game more? Also people want to point out why we can't blame the players, we I think there has been plenty of that to go around as well. However when you talk about MT being so good of a coach is it the players or is it the coach?????? Rant over

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This season? Mason Rudolph, Duck, Pouncey. It's a wonder we won half our games. Last year? No real excuse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The packers beat pitt in the superbowl with 15 players on IR, 7 were starters, seems like we was out coached by a short handed team.....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Last year you can look to the kicker and a QB that lead the league in turnovers as two key reasons the team failed to make the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't know about that. Here is a team without qualified backup QB (obviously) relying on an aging QB to play all 16 games, without any proper and designated QB coach to help develop the backups and the results speak for themselves. In other words, this team was not prepared (again) for contingencies like this because MT says he doesn't worry about contingencies. How does that make a stronger case for anybody? I call it being lazy and hoping it works out. Oh yes, I forgot, now he hires a QB coach for next year. Just in time MT>

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What is even crazier is that some people then thought we were actually going to the playoffs when at 8-5 and controlling out own destiny and we'd never crash and burn like last year. Then we ran into the mighty Jets.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Wow, what a change from year to year. Last year you say we didn't make the playoffs because of Ben and many are saying we didn't make the playoffs this year because Ben didn't play. Hard to buy that especially when last year we lost to Oakland because some genius held Ben out for most of the game for who know's what. Plus, if we need a kicker to win so many games, then maybe something else is wrong? Maybe?

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not my fault you can't analyze the situation properly because you hate the head coach so much. Everything isn't Tomlin's fault. The people that run the organization understand. Some fans that follow this team don't understand. Some fans understand.

All that matters is what Tomlin's bosses think. You either understand their logic or you don't. I understand why they choose to keep him and I will understand when they choose to part ways. It won't have anything to do with what happened in 2007 or 2017. That's for sure.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I totally agree and I have been one who has stuck up for MT this year. I am not calling for his firing I feel with all that happened he gets a pass................THIS YEAR. JMO

• Agree Agree x 1