1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This would simplify things. Instead of faltering in the playoffs, or late in the season to miss the playoffs, we could just go 1-15 every year and never have hope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree, but the systematic Intel lacking coaching staff did not help whatever chances they had either. Seen enough good D's with garbage QBs make noise over the years... Fell into the hopeful cycle I did hahahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree with all of the above... I'm not one of those guys however. I know that injuries and the rest can become inevitably insurmountable at a point. But the predictability and non creativity of this O running awhile back is what it is. You can't expect the kiddos to run things the same as Ben when Ben was over executing failed calls because he is Ben and sometimes that's just enough.

Simple X's and O's can be debated endlessly depending on the crowd. As well as simple situational ball...neither took place regardless this season and have not for a while now. Execution is needed yes... But execution yielding the same head first into the same wall ending in similar results season after season is pretty easy to spot even for folks that just latch on to the term.

We can knee jerk trade for different personnel all day long and it's going to pay off here and there... We can absorb injuries and maybe still scrape by here and there. Interchangeable parts and non changeable philosophy is always going to lead to some wow and WTF scenarios as is the nature of the NFL. And sports in general...

Coaching staff didn't try to make the best ****tybbatch of biscuits with what they had left in the cupboard. Simple as that. Theory doesn't mean it would have yielded positive results per se but would've killed 2/3's of any arguement regarding coaching staff period.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Upsets happen yes. But there comes a point when they keep happening to the same team that something is wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's genrally not how it goes in sports.

6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    It's the way it goes with this Steelers team. They've lost to many a bottom dweller that even lesser teams can beat. If you don't see this, you haven't been paying attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Great post it is pretty amazing how some people can't respect others opinions.......especially when posting on a message board. No matter what Tomlin will do no wrong for some while others see things for what they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Fool shut the hell up, you don't see me bragging about the coach not having a losing season.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    How many seasons did Cowher have a top 10 defense, and a top 10 rushing attack? Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers both only have 1 Super Bowl win, franchise QB doesn't always guarantee multiple SB wins.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It sucks to be you :roflmao:

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Name me another current HC that has more than 1 SB win besides Belichick :shrug:.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I was hopeful earlier in the season because of the defense, but by the end of the season Duck could only score 1 TD a game :facepalm:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Packers missed the playoffs 3 out of 12 of Rogers seasons. His rookie year, his injured season and one other one. They might have only 1 super bowl win but they are there every year and you can't win it if you aren't in it. A franchise QB means the world in the NFL

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For some reason he’s obsessed with the Eagles.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What about all those championship games that Cowher Lost at home?

• Like Like x 1
  16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    To be fair I brought it on myself making fun of McNabb choking in the big games.

17. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I read that a couple times trying to figure out who IMO was. :hmm:

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    @Stone for the win!

19. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    All that and the Steelers finally figured out they needed a Ben type quarterback to make it to the next level. Aaron Rodgers has a first season coach and he's in the NFC Championship. New Orleans have been in the last three playoffs and even won a couple. I'm not saying Tomlin needs to rewrite the history books of winning Super Bowls but, there has been too much talent on his team not to have been doing better. Starting out flat practically every season is always on the coach. It's difficult making the playoffs when you are playing catch up by the 6th or 7th game of most seasons.
    And for those that ask whom do we replace Tomlin with, let me ask this, who knew Tomlin would be candidate or had him in mind ?

20. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Tomlin.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    In my opinion.....

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Cowher gets a pass for those, remember he didn't have Ben :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah well the Steelers don't operate like the Browns, they don't fire their HC every other season :shrug:.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All coaches make mistakes. Problem with a lot of people is they are so focused on just one team that they don’t realize that.
    I have plenty of criticisms of Coach Tomlin. I understand where people are coming from with some other criticism. A lot of it though it’s just pure nonsense.
    And I guess The real issue for me is why some of these people are so obsessed and filled with hatred that they can’t go more than a post or two without somehow criticizing Mike Tomlin? Same people saying the same thing over and over. It’s almost like they think if they complain enough they’ll get their way which is not the case at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]