1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Busman.

Great post. Great Quote: "I am just a fan and by no means could I actually do anything if the job and fate of this team was in my hands". I am somewhat bored of every time when someone here is against Tomlin. Then comes along the Tomlin loyalists with their typical response of: "Well if not Tomlin, then who"? You are right. You do not know, I do not know. We can make a suggestion, okay great. Just to have it shot down too by the Tomlin loyalists.

It is not our job to say who. Sure we can give an opinion. Just like it is not our job to second guess coaching decisions according to some here as well. It is a message board folks. With that in mind, giving opinions is a big part of the process here; agree, disagree or neutral.

We do not work for the Steelers. At least Busman is being honest. He is also being honest in stating in so may words that it is time for the organization to move on from Tomlin. He had his time. He had a decent run, not great but decent. However, it should now be over. His job performance since Super Bowl XLV has been tanking since. It is just time for him to move over.

When we had Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant and others we were STACKED. There was always the talk of we can score 30 points a game but that rarely happened. With that crew I would up it to 40 points per game and a few rings to go with it.

I actually created a very supportive thread for coach at the beginning of the season. So, I really do not want to hear it from other posters who just want to see everything so one-sided. This is two years in a row that his performance and meltdown are synonymous. Not good. Not good at all.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You could hire SDOT, no more blown seasons due to who we draft, cut or trade.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Weak azz schedule? :shrug:

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Thanks .. That is how I feel about it for sure. It was for me the weirdest season in memory for me personally. I don't recall sitting down to a game and not being energized and quite frankly a bit pessimistic regardless the challenger. 43 years of being a die hard fan and its come to this? The product we are putting out there is not what it use to be.. Injuries plagued this team in a big way this season but as you put it we had a great team and an offense that would be the envy of most teams and we squandered yet again the opportunity to bring home an AFC championship win or a Lombardi. One week Tomlin look like he actually put together a team that showed up and did what they were suppose to do and then the next week they looked like they slept through weekly practices.

There is just so much wrong right now there is no simple answer to bring this around and right this ship. Thank you for your honesty. Like you I flip back and fourth about my disdain and or likeness of Tomlin. I was in the Fire Tomlin camp and then thought wow he did bring this team around and then he would lay an egg ( Newyork Jets) and I was back on the fire Tomlin train. lol

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol yeah the new coach has nothing to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    One huge indicator of Tomlin's ineptitude. Do you see any other teams beating down the door for our assistant coaches? Under Cowher that was a regular occurrence.

Even Vrabel already produced an assistant that became a HC in Green Bay. And his coaching tree is barely out of the ground.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Because when your qb throws 4 interceptions blame falls squarely on the coaches shoulders

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I feel like these conversations become circular and repetitive. What I mean is there are posters who talk about coaching being the problem for everything even when execution is on the shoulders of the player. In this case MR and DH.
    So if execution is a problem are the coaches responsible for putting these players in the best position to win.. As an aside I see our injuries this year have outpaced any other team. Is this lack of preparation.. If it is then should we not seriously consider looking at a new conditioning coach. Or is this more the case of the players association now allowing the coaches and organizations to run things as they see fit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    As stated before, I've never seen an interception thrown on a running play. Not once.

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Munchak, arians, dl, butler(yes cardinals were pursuing him)

11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Munchak left on his own.
    Arians was fired (or retired).
    DL was asked to leave.
    Butler I never heard about.

Not quite the same when they just hire them because they are available rather than trying to poach them from current contracts for HC jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

What does a players preparation have to do with a strength and conditioning coach? You can prepare a player until the cows come home. That doesn’t guarantee said player won’t make mistakes during a game.

we literally were poaching wr off of practice squads and steeler fans are whining about going 8-8. Y’all have no idea how lucky we are.

regarding the players association comment. The latest collective bargaining agreement removed two a day practices and limits the number of padded practices allowed during the season(iirc it’s 12).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

That’s the cure to all of our ills just run the ball 60 times a game. At least we wouldn’t have to worry about carrying a 30million dollar contract on a franchise quarterback

you do know that running backs have been known to fumble?

14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
  15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Busman.

Always great to chat with you. Yeah, I am in the Steelers' 40+ year fan club as well. Actually a great story. You may or may not know that I am from the Connecticut area. Most of the crew from around the way were either Jets or Giants fans. I can pinpoint exactly for you when I became a Steelers fan.... The Immaculate Reception Game. I came in the house from playing football on that cold and blustery early Winter's Day (just trying to set the tone here, smile) and turned the TV on at the exact time that the infamous play was about to take place. You remember the TVs back then; no cable just turn the dial. Ah, Nostalgia! isn't it great (smile)?

Then it happened. The play unfolded. I went bonkers! I pointed to the TV and shouted throughout the house: "That is my team". I never looked back. None of that garbage that I hear from some folks who live outside of the area where their team resides. Meaning, oh well I like this team but I also like the "hometeam" as well. I say bunk that ****e!

Now, I am not the official fandom guideline writer. However, I cannot buy into that way of thinking. You are either in 100% with your team or not. None of this multiple team fan BS. For the record, I am a die-hard Pirates and Penguins fan as well. I actually was a baseball fan first in life. I remember the Pirates winning it all in 1971 and running down the street like a madman screaming with joy.

I now live in the rat-turd region, and trust me my friend, for those who can remember when the Pirates beat the other bird-turd team, in the 1971 and 1979 World Series, it gets their "feathers" ruffled when I bring it up. I love every minute of it. They usually just grunt in displeasure and want to change the subject. I love it. They suck! Just like the rat football fans, they are a species like no other kind that I have seen before (laughing).

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Reference to strength and conditioning coach was the reason for the injuries which is in turn player preperation. I am not saying this is the reason I merely suggesting one of several reasons this team is terrible right now. This year and last. WE had all of the pieces in place for a great offense. Cleaned house and cut out the cancer ( a good thing) but even with the 3 Bs we could not get it done.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And you never payed for drugs. Not! Once!

Any Walk Hard fans out there? :smiley1:

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Except I'm not a whiny little fool like you :shrug:

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    steelersrule6.... the Tomlin police. Defender of everything Popcorn.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    At least I don't slobber over the Patriots like you :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Nope. I'm glad the Patriots are one and done. I'm actually looking forward to watching the Super Bowl this year... and championship games, even though the Steelers are absent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    IMO Mike let the natives run wild and it hurt the team. I do believe his record looks so good due to Ben. Still want him as a Coach and we can ***** and moan all we want, Mike Tomlin is our Coach until he doesn't want to be our Coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well not sure but it was bad enough for them to fire their coach and not getting to the playoffs for a while. Sounds just like us. I think this is their 3rd coach they have had during the MT's tenure. I may be off a few years on that but their new coach seems to have turned the ship around immediately.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I know of no one who is sad the Cheats are out of the playoffs and declining. Even if I did, I wouldn't admit it. Amazing what some talent can do in their division.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Pass the ball 40 times or run the ball 60 times are the only two options?, what about a balanced offense?
    Sending a rookie QB out against a very good defense (with an all pro db in the secondary) and have him throw 38 times, only 4 int's is lucky. (it should have been 5 or more, White dropped at least one)