1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolutionize football

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dagmire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I don't like Harbaugh... I don't like his brother. They just get under my skin. But to stand in front of the media and state that you are gonna change the game, that takes a pretty big pair. But to get beat that badly at home by a team no one saw coming is so satisfying. I have given this a lot of thought.. I think this is about satisfying as the steelers winning a 7th ring...Watching them get beat that bad and seeing the cameras show the fans in their seats looking so pathetic... I used to live in baltimore and attended a few steelers games there and i can honestly say this couldn't have happened to a better fan base...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    While I agree it is very satisfying,I personally would prefer to win #7.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I’m not big on drinking the Hater-ade. I want to win, not revel in someone else’s failures...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    By a WIDE margin I’d prefer #7

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would prefer #7, but this was great seeing the arrogant Ravens have their teeth kicked in.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens and their 12 Pro Bowlers were too cocky, it was fun watching them lose.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The key was to beating the Ravens was running the football.

If you run successfully against them you can beat them.

The Titans and Henry ran all over them.

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I believed the key to beating the Ravens was to establish a sizable lead. That would take the option to run the ball more often out of the equation. I questioned if Jackson had the ability to beat a defense consistently if he were forced to pass. I think that playing from behind caused the coaches to press and it put more pressure on Jackson to pass the ball more than they would had liked.

A few things happened that allowed the Titans gain a lead and run to the ball as the game progressed. Ravens committed turnovers, Harbaugh made coaching mistakes by going for it on 4th down twice early in the game, and the Titans made the Ravens pay for their mistakes by scoring TDs.

The key factor were the turnovers. The Ravens committed 3 turnovers and 7 if you count the 4th down failures. I am not discounting the impact that Titans run game had on the out come of the game. The out come of the game might of been different if the Ravens didn't commit those turnovers.

At the end of the day it was nice to see the Ravens lose.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This was the most satisfying part of the entire game. The Ravens were so arrogant and full of themselves that they were sure they were going to make it on 4th down...and didn't! :laughing:

10. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Harbaugh should had punted on the first 4th down. He should had kicked the FG on the 2nd 4th down. Harbaugh probably went for the 2 point conversion to early in the game also. The Ravens were pretty much playing on a prayer with the other 4th down attempts.

I

• Agree Agree x 1