1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, at least we didn't get the 1 seed and get smacked at home (Laugh at Ravens thread)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Steelerway8511

Steelerway8511 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018

That was an amazing game by the Steelers. Colts were a juggernaut! Their offense with Manning, James, Wayne and Harrison could really score and score almost at will. That's still one of my modern day Steelers games

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Seeing Henry dominate these playoff games with punishing short runs and so many breakaway long runs reminds me of another amazing athlete, Bo Jackson, in his running style and physique.

Both are tall for RBs - Henry 6-3 and Bo 6-1
    Both are built solid - Henry 238 and Bo 230
    But here's the difference - Henry in the 40 - 4.5 sec, Bo in the 40 - 4.15 sec (whoa)
    Still feel bad about how Bo's career ended so soon in his prime against Cincy in the AFC playoffs with a tragic hip injury. If he hadn't played football, many think he'd be in the MLB HOF today.
    I wish Henry a much better fate and longer career (except against the Steelers).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Harbaugh uses analytics to make those decisions. He doesn't play the opponent as much as he does the numbers. If the stats tell him he has a good chance of succeeding, he pulls the trigger. I think that's kind of why they fell apart. They were just SUPPOSED to succeed. And when they really needed to dig deeper and play better, they didn't know how. That's something else that winning all those games in a row does to you, it takes the fight out of you. You kind of forget how to handle adversity. And when it appears, in the midst of extreme pressure, you just can't recover quick enough.

LJ looked frustrated and angry. He wasn't used having his offense getting punched in the mouth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016

I know it's easy for me to say it now, I thought the T's were going to beat the Ravens. With their run game and defense, I seen this being the factor. I'm not sure the can stop Patrick Maholms or that Tannelhill can put enough points on the board. Key on Henry, I don't see Tannelhill winning the game. I've enjoyed reading the meltdown on the ravens board.

5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Yeah you're right the Steelers totally would have beaten both the Pats and the Ravens, two teams they lost to in the regular season and in the Pats case always lose to. Without a quarterback, receivers, poor playing ol and the biggest weakness of them all Tomlin. Ignore all the history and evidence because "anything can happen." Stupid me.

:facepalm:

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The birds were loading up the box, daring Tannehill to beat them through the air, and Henry still nearly put up 200 on them. The Chiefs don't have an answer for that. As long as Vrable doesn't get cute and try to make Tannehill win the game, Mahomes will have limited time to work his magic, just like LJ. And honestly, LJ is better than Mahomes. He throws just as good a ball and is more elusive. The Titans are facing similar qbs two weeks in a row and they were able to soundly defeat the better of the two already.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    At least the citizens of Baltimore are secure in the knowledge that they are still the city of champions when it comes to towns with the largest rat population.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Rats played no different than what they've been playing. The difference was the Titans coaching staff, they just created the blueprint. They forced Lamar to throw to the sidelines and he can't do it with accuracy consistently. They gave him chunk plays when they were up but after crossing the 50 they clamped down on the middle of the field. Jackson had a lot of yards but only 52% completion percentage and most of his rushing yards came late in the 3rd and 4th quarter as the Titans played a soft zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    *Sigh*... I'm not gonna laugh at the Ravens. Unlike us they actually made the playoffs. Besides (and I know this a very unpopular opinion) I personally have a healthy amount of respect of Baltimore's organization. I always want to beat them but I respect them.

If anything it makes me relieved that what often happens to the Steelers laying a dud in the playoffs happens to other strong teams!

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Still a lot of football left. A texans/titans AFCCG would be fun.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jimmyallen45.

I hope you are doing better from the passing of your dear friend. I apologize for bringing it up again if that was inappropriate of me. Just keeping you in my caring thoughts.

Yes, harbaugh a.k.a. hairball is a compete "tool". Hey, within this thread I went on a rampage of dogging the rats. If you did not already, and if you have time, take a moment to check it out. I linked it down below for you. It goes well beyond hairball as you will see from the post. The entire organization is "completely classless". I despise them to no end. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...ugh-at-ravens-thread.23790/page-2#post-756010

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    SOO glad the Titans got in instead of us. We would never, in 1,000,000 games, have beaten the Pats AND Ravens during these playoffs. Love y'all, Titans!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel_ben7.

Yeah the postgame show with Ingram and Jackson after the game running their mouths was something, huh? Especially Ingram. Typical classless rat-like behavior. What else should one expect? The Titans put it on them nice, real nice (smile). Read my rather long post within this thread that I would like to consider a rather good take which summarizes just some of the other reasons to really despise them. Take care.

rat link down below

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...ugh-at-ravens-thread.23790/page-2#post-756010

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not get this logic. The same last year when someone on here was actually crying that the world was lost because now the Steelers shared the most SB wins. Records are set and meant to be broken. I embrace the challenge, if others equal or better it, then it sets a new challenge for the Steelers to step up and set a new record. if we are not up to the challenge, we do not deserve to hold a record only hoping others will not break it. If the 49er's are good enough to beat the best and equal that record as a franchise, kudos..and let the sting work on some Steeler butts to get busy and set a new record.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Love it

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Just going to leave this here, they scored less than I even thought :lolol:

Now the pressure begins for Lamar and the team. 2 one and done postseason exists, the questions will mount, can Lamar win in the post season. It will only get harder from here.

Titans don’t get a lot of love on this board but I think they are better than people are giving them credit for. They are also winning the same way the Pats did last year.

Everyone gets caught up in trends but power running and good defense can still win in this league. Even more so because it takes advantage of the smaller personnel in sub packages. I think the Titans have a good shot at winning it all as long as Henry stays in beast mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    The whole 6 SBs thing is a meaningless stat. Want to get technical, the Packers have the most championships including before the SB era. And if the Steelers were so worried about teams catching up to them maybe they should have put forth the effort this past decade to actually do something about that. But hey never a losing season right?

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Compare Harbaugh's record vs Belichick against Tomlin's record vs Belichick. End of thread. You're welcome.

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Your lame predictions suck too, Vrabel has been HC for 2 years and fools acting like he's the next Vince Lombardi :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll never get the logic of not wanting your team to be the top. That’s what fandoms is all about, your team winning and being the best.

I don’t know what you are embracing because you have zero affect on their chances of ever wining another SB.

We are at the mercy of the team and their ability to win more, so yeah, naturally I don’t want any other team to have more SB’s than them.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You should make them your favorite team, us Steelers fans we don't need you :hehehe:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Steelers franchise QB Ben had 7 turnovers in those 2 games, not hard to see why they lost to the Jaguars twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Vrabel's 2 playoff wins are far more impressive than any of Tomlin's post season wins.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin has won 2 AFCCG, and 1 Super Bowl, those 2 playoff wins by Vrabel won't mean nothing if they don't win a SB :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1