1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, at least we didn't get the 1 seed and get smacked at home (Laugh at Ravens thread)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2020.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I'll say!!!

Rather see them win it all anyway! Would be a good ending to the NFL's Centennial; a team that won with power running and punishing defense! Nevermind them winning it all that way either.

The NFL may just begin to go back to that. Not a major overhaul but I suspect the Running Game will be an IMPORTANT Factor more for the 2020s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I just saw the wonderful news, LOL (I didn`t watch any playoffs today). Didn`t expect that one.

Smug face Harbaugh gets some humble pie and a belly ache tonight.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Notice how empty that stadium got early in the 4th Qtr - long before the announcers said anything at the 1 minute mark. I think Lamar was seriously considering leaving the place as well. Loved seeing him so PO'd on the sidelines. Great day all around, except what happened in the Rice-a-Roni City.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Ravens had the dreaded long winning streak of 10 or more games going into the playoffs curse going against them. Those teams just do not do well for whatever reason because they are just long overdue to play a bad game and lose which the Ravens were and that is exactly what the Ravens did. They would had to have won 15 games in a row to finish out the year if they were gonna win the Super Bowl and you just knew that wasn’t gonna happen. It’s way too hard to win that many games in a row I don’t care how good you are. This Ravens team I felt as the season went along and they continued to win every week started to get a little too cocky and full of themselves watching guys like Ingram and Jackson after games running their mouth, and I just think they did not expect a team like the Titans to come in there tonight like they did and punch them directly in the mouth like they did.

This was the Ravens year too and opportunity she in my opinion they blew it big time and these kinds of chances and seasons like the Ravens has just don’t come along very often. They had home field advantage and the 1 seed, the Pats weren’t very good, the Steelers lost Ben and the Ravens never really worried about the Steelers this season, and they found a way to win so many games during the season against very good teams.

This won’t happen for the Ravens again next season where they dominate everybody and Lamar goes 14-2. This was the year for them to win a Super Bowl and they blew it big time in my opinion and chances are won’t get as good of a chance next year and have all the breaks fall their way like they did this season again next season. Lamar Jackson is very good but see me when he wins a ****ing playoff game and wins in the playoffs cause so far through 2 seasons he has shown that he can’t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I think Harbaugh tried to get too cute going for both those 4th and 1’s thinking he was gonna get them like he did all regular season long and didn’t and right after both those stops the Titans hit big plays and stuck the ball in the end zone.

6. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    What a waste of a season! I still can`t believe it!

When I say "I`m VERY glad that wasn`t us", the words are just not enough.

I mean you just didn`t see that coming. There have been times I knew we were not as good as our record and got knocked out, but WOW. These guys had all the momentum.

If that happened to us, I would not be able to go to bed tonight. Would have busted something and went outside in the cold rain to cool off, then had a sizable servings of booze and be up till dawn, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea as I mentioned above you just don’t get that many opportunities where you go 14-2 and dominate the league like the Ravens did this season while also getting a ton of breaks going there way as well. You gotta take advantage of seasons like this and win a Super Bowl if you’re the Ravens and I really feel the Ravens will look back and regret not doing so big time as we move forward.

8. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    great day.
    cowher and a rat bird flop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Ravens Boards are in full meltdown. I honestly never saw this. Its also not as if RT had to win it just by his QB play...just manage it and make some key reads when the WRs/TEs get single coverage to make the Ravens pay.

I was expecting pages of "thats how you do it" posts here once the game was decided but instead Harbaugh looked shell shocked and had no answers in the post game press conferences.

Pats are also done so Stairway to Seven is still up for grabs!

This is going to be a classic Purple Chicken Choke Job for the ages.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    A little off topic but anybody else like this style of football from both teams and especially the Titans running Henry in a power running game this year?

Reminds me of the days of the Bus and Bam Morris.

I like White and Snell with their different styles. You could tire the defense and then get White to be a home run hitter like FWP...Fast Willie. Or vise versa....use Benny in the 4th quarter.

I dont know but watching Henry challenge Earl Thomas in the open field was cool.

12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree that for as good as the Ravens were this season and as dominate as they looked during this 12 game winning streak with Lamar Jackson this is by far one of the worst choke jobs we have seen by a number one seed in quite sometime. I mean we saw the Ravens through the course of the year beat some of the better teams in the league such as Seattle, New England, San Francisco, Houston, Buffalo, they blew out the Rams in LA, and even swept the Steelers beating them twice.

For them to lose the way they did to a Titans team that is pretty good let’s not take anything away from them, but by no means not world beaters for as good as the Ravens looked this season is just inexcusable from where I sit. It was a compete and total choke job by the Ravens and its by far the worst one we have seen in a very long time from a number 1 overall seed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Why did you leave out his postseason results? 3 wins in 9 years........

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    This goes to show you as well for all those people on here that were saying about the Steelers “oh why even get in the playoffs you’re gonna lose anyway so what’s the point.” Look at what the Titans have done these past few weeks. Now granted they are a much better team then the Steelers but I’m sure there were some of their fans saying the same thing a few weeks ago when they were 8-7 and lost at home back to back weeks to the Texans and Saints. So my advice to those people who say this all the time is SHUT UP because you don’t know what you’re talking about. Anything can happen if you get in the playoffs and the Titans have proven that the last 2 weeks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Watching Derrick Henry smash the Cheats and the Rats in back to back weeks was beautiful. It was like having 2 punk bullies picking on you at school and then your big brother comes along and beats the living hell out of them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I never watched the game to be honest but did watch some of the highlights. Henry was a problem but Tannenhill beat them in the air as well. Guy was on fire and unstoppable. Crazy

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    yeah if Tomlin goes so should Hairball. Dude lost at home to a titans team peaking at the right time. Tannenhill is on fire but still not excuse to lose to Titans.

18. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    For all we complain about Tomlin he has won 3x as many playoff games as Harbaugh in the past 6 years...
    Harbaugh is and always has been an arrogant POS who has karma shoved right up his...

yeah, I’m happy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Fix the o line. Fun the ball. get a fb on the field. Protect the qb. He doesn't have to throw for a million yards a game. Play defense. :cool:

20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It was a complete choke job. I thought entering the playoffs the chiefs on paper were the most talented team but the ravens were playing better than anyone. Imo this goes on harbaugh. That rest in week 17 killed them. With their style of play and how hot lamar was you dont rest a dog like that. Also with his lack of experience. They had that "we got this" thought process and it bit them in the end.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It took a Duck lead wildcat offense for Hairball to get the edge on Tomlin, 13-12 overall against Popcorn.
    Vrabel is 0-fer against captain cliche (O-0)

Mikey gets no respect here. They think he is god over on the Ravens board.

22. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    Yeah. I can`t help but be smiling today. Just watched the clip where Cowher gets informed while on live TV. Wonderful.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    COTY Hairball...lol
    Sure, he deserves it... :roflmao:

Had his team well rested & ready for the Titans... :lolol:

Cream of the non-cheating coaching crop... :facepalm: ...more like coaching crap imo :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Tomlin and harbaugh should go to a support group lol

14-2 loss to tannehill
    13-3 loss to bortles

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Comparing the titans to the Steelers this season is laughable. They have an absolute beast punishing RB, an OL that is talented and hungry, big and quick TE in J. Smith, stud WR in AJ Brown. Compare that to the steelers who can barely score 10 points against crappy defenses. Steelers D may be better, but TN defense is playing tough in the secondary and just limited the best rushing O to a single TD. Now the biggest plus that TN has is a coach who studies the game and prepares for the opponent instead of trying to look cool on the sidelines and spout off dumb cliches.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1