1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We could lose the Bush trade in a few years...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2020.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    bush was groomed in bc of barron and his contract..bush going on a terror next season !!

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

mason first 5 games. 887 yards. 9 TD. 3 int. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hey now... don’t start bringing reality and logic into this productive conversation!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So if the Dolphins trade up or down with our pick in the upcoming draft it's going to nullify comparisons to Minkah? No.

5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Dude, the deal is done, the 'phins can do what they want with it. They can draft a 10x all pro, or draft another Minkah caliber player and trade him to us. The 'we could have had", 'should have done', blah blah type of threads are just freaking ridicules. In most of these cases the scenarios laid out include trading with teams we have no idea would have traded, and all teams picking players have no idea how good that player is actually going to be. I make no comparisons, the trade for Minkah was a steal, especially trading what turns out to be the 18th pick. Matters not who will be there, who gets traded up or down, or who gets so excited they sit on their wife's hair brush.

This type of stuff excites you, but truth is the hindsight you display is as likely to have happened (or happen) as me saying I should have played the winning numbers in last nights lottery..sure I should have, but I did not..so just move on from the hindsight GM of the century stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no more reason to even discuss the trade for Fitzpatrick. The guy was an All-Pro in only his second season even though he joined the team after the first two games. The Steelers did well there. Case closed.

I'm not even saying the Dolphins lost. Maybe they will get a great player with that pick. It definitely seemed like they needed to move him because he wasn't working out there.

7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't care about that trade anymore but I'm trying to explain to you dum dums how people are going to evaluate it. Whoever the Dolphins get with our pick no matter what they do, trade up or down will be compared to Minkah. Once you understand that then you apply it to the Bush trade. Glad I could teach you something. Now have a good day.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    you're just using a strawman argument and introducing the Dolphins to deflect attention away from the fact that you were totally incorrect with your original premise.

but it's okay, we understand that you're incapable of ever admitting you were wrong...

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

..... VERY fascinating comment here.

Dum dums are we?! Care to explain as to why we are "dum dums" yet you are the absolute?!?!

FYI, you spelled "dumb" incorrectly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I have no problem admitting I'm wrong when I am. But I'm not, I knew they traded our pick when I made the thread. I never said we lost the trade yet but possibly could in the future. In typical fashion people lose all their brain cells in trying to prove me wrong. I bring up the Dolphins trade for comparison/precedent. You realize how dumb you sounded so you are now saying don't bring up the Dolphins trade LOL

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is this SBoycott, Formerscribe, or Real Steel? I can't tell anymore!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I'm a pretty smart guy, but go ahead and keep on digging your hole deeper and deeper...

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Which people? Seems to me, people here have the sense to see the reality of the trades. The Broncos had to trade the pick they got from the Steelers and two more to get Lock. If the Dolphins use the actual first-round pick they got from the Steelers rather than use it in a trade, it still wouldn't be a fully accurate accounting of the deal to compare the player they drafted with Fitzpatrick because there were other picks involved.

I'm not sure if the reasoning is too complex for you here or you just don't want to hear anything that pokes a hole in your misguided point.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Exactly.

• Agree Agree x 1