1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

charlie bad man batch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fearthesteel, Jan 9, 2020.

1. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    i know this will not happen but....steelers should hire him or someone like him as a quatetbacks coach and maybe eventually lead to an oc. im sure he would do better than fukter.

charlie seems real knowledgeable and smart. just seems and looks like a future oc. im not sure how interested c batch is to coach. he would be a big help for mason rudolph. i still havent given up on him. think he can turn out to be really good and yes i know with big b still around that wont happen we will be stuck with fuktner. which qb coach or oc would you like to see here?

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Could be worth a poke and a prod... Just leary of formal players coaching especially in this zip code.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Gradkowski already threw his hat in the ring

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    They need to go outside the organization. And definitely not promote Matt Symes. Too inexperienced.

Chris Weinke would be an option, I'm sure there are many others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey dobbler-33.

No knock on fearthesteel's thread here. However, here we go again with "nostalgia" for players from yester-year. Given that, I am not saying yes or no to Batch. I am on board with you as far as bringing in former players to be coaches. Yes, Batch does seem to be a very intelligent person. He was very serviceable when asked to perform for us. However, none of that automatically transfers to being a "Good" coach. Given that, and as I have stated here before, everyone needs a starting point in life no matter what the job may be. Nevertheless, sometimes "coming home" sounds good in theory but in actuality is not a great idea....sometimes (smile).

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 2
  6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They need one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I bet Batch likes his radio job and is not interested in coaching. Less stress. Like Cowher with CBS.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Knapp, van pelt, morhingweg. Could also be wr coach possibilities by knapp or morhinweg.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Rumor is that Rivers will be unemployed this season. He could teach Rudolph how to throw really weirdly!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    or make stupid faces. Wait....

:O

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Personally, I don't see it

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or he could teach Rudolph how to throw ints, oh wait Mason already knows how to do that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Amazing! One montage and he looks like Alice the Goon AND Popeye!

14. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Batch has said he is not currently interested in the QB coach position

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Gosh darn

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Turtle.

Batch is probably comfortable where is now. I think another poster said he has a radio show and I have heard him broadcast some Steelers' games before. I am not sure if they were on TV or radio.
    Hey Turtle.

Batch is probably comfortable where he is now. I think another poster said he has a radio show and I have heard him broadcast some Steelers' games before. I am not sure if they were on TV or radio. Some people have got to realize that coaching is not every ex-athlete's dream job. Some athletes actually pursue their college degree careers after sports are over. Whether that may be, such as: Business, Medicine, Culinary or whatever. Even those who want to stay connected with sports, have other options besides coaching. Such as Batch and his Sports Communication endeavors.

Trust me, coaching is great but not for everyone. It can be very stressful. It is usually evaluated on statistics. Some people do not want to be rated on Wins vs. Losses (Head Coach); Touchdowns vs. Interceptions (Position Coach: such as a QB coach).

Another example would be my field of education. Some people want to be Principals and others remain teachers their whole career. In the end both get evaluated very highly on "High-Stakes" State Test Scores. However, the Principal usually takes the brunt of the credit or blame; fair or not.

Coaches are a unique breed like any other type of leader/administrator. You have to be willing to take the criticism along with the accolades. Some folks do not want that type of pressure/headache. I am not saying that this is Batch's position. Just thoughts in general about coaching/leadership positions.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Or fornicate

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Just need to hire the best QB "COACH"... Sometimes the best players don't make the best Coaches, and vice versus...

Like any other hire, Do your homework extensively...Where did he Coach, How long, What competition, what kind offense / philosophy...Old, young, innovator, old school or players Coach...

And always imo...How did these offenses and particularly QB's do? Consistently, year after year..That is the bottom line and the most important aspect, out of all the others mentioned...Bottom line, Production!

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The big question should not be who is going to be the QB Coach in my opinion. There is a more pressing one. For that matter, interesting to say the least.

Why was there NOT one to start the 2019 NFL Season?! Matt Symmes really does not count either as he possess VERY LIMITED experience. That is not even the most embarrassing apsect of this either.

One would think that if what the team believes in Mason to be "the guy", he would be able to obtain all of the assistance he needs. This is not accounting for fact that QBs from the Big XII historically have a bigger adjustment period into the NFL than ANY OTHER QB from the Power Five Conference.

However, this did not happen. Unreal!!!! :facepalm:

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Cheap ownership. Yes I know they spend to the cap on players. But with revenue sharing that cap money is "guaranteed" anyway, so you either spend to it or you don't. Doesn't really affect your bottom line. Coaching salaries on the other hand are out of pocket and the Steelers have one of the smallest coaching staffs in the league. Yes Tomlin makes a good chunk but there's no reason they shouldn't have more assistants like a QB coach.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve been beating the lack of a QB coach drum since the beginning. Knew it was stupid then and even dumber now that we see how the season played out. Who knows the difference it could of made, even just 1 game would of been huge considering....

• Agree Agree x 1