1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 draft

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fearthesteel, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Noll had to get rid of most the team in 1969-1970. They weren't fast enough, didn't jump high enough, and weren't going to win enough games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If we draft the goose, he can keep the tradition of Steelers named after waterfowl like Lynn Swann, Noah Herron and Duck Hodges. Maybe we can trade for Kenyan Drake.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’ve argued for years that Bill is by far the biggest factor in their success and Brady gets a little too much credit at times, although obviously he is great. I’d agree they’ll be relevant as long as Belichick is there. I do feel they are entering a fallow period for at least 2-3 seasons though. It’s not just the loss or decline of Brady. There are fundamental issues with their roster and it is going to take time to fix things. Virtually every position group has a glaring need.

4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    What does Tua have to do with the Steelers round 1 pick?

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Steelers could have had him as if we had a first round pick qb may have been the pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Having Ben on the team, we won't draft a 1st round QB. After he leaves.

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    No because had Rudolph played good this yr ben wouldn't be either here or starting next yr. But he sucked so therefore ben is the lesser of two evils but having a qb that is on the DECLINE is not grounds for a team to not take someone in the 1st rd especially if they are a great talent like a tua. Ben now and has never been that guy who does more less. It's why when the teams we had weren't stacked on both sides we couldn't win the big 1. The 3x they were we went to the SB and won 2 of the 3.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I feel like we are a long way from a good offense lol

beat up qb
    old o line
    no TE's
    no RB
    bad OC

I mean we can draft some and pickup others in FA, not to mention we might lose some key defensive pieces and factor in injuries because of no depth...

Eh. go steelers

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Do you remember what I stated about a year ago, and it was met with great resistance by others? It's here. It's been here.
    At least the defense has improved since then.
    (I think it was you I was discussing it with. If not, my apologies.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    In fairness I think most people expected the offence to take a step back. Nobody could have expected the injury crisis that took place this season though.

Ben threw for 5000 yards last season and Juju & Connor had nearly 1500 scrimmage yards each. If they had stayed healthy the season would look very different, never mind all the others that missed time. That is not to say there aren’t issues on offence, just that this season is not a completely fair measure of the offence.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not making the playoffs two years running is a fair measure the team is trending toward.

arrow-icon-red-color-showing-260nw-1346163821-1.jpg

I know, we're spoiled. But gosh dang, make the damn playoffs the next two years Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Very nice use of a graphic.;+)

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    You were my inspiration. I recall a groutbrook graph. :bowdown:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    At least someone is paying attention.;+)

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's not what I was referring to. I was mainly referring to the aging Oline (and QB), the loss of Bell/AB, and the defense. I said that due to these factors, it was time for a rebuild, 'Steelers-style', and that's exactly where this team is at.
    As soon as Ben was out for the year, this season was a wash(from my point of view), except for the addition of Minkah and DJ (who both play into the 'rebuild' I saw coming). Hopefully Snell also, but we haven't seen enough of him to know what he's capable of (imo).

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If this and that..If Tua does not get injured he does not last till 18, and even with that injury he might get taken long before that. He may well be a good pro, but his injury history..especially where the injuries and surgeries are not promising.

17. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I agree .100%