1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we steal Kareem Hunt this off season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Hunt has the potential to be the Steal of free agency for the right team.

Want to watch our offensive problems go away? Sign Hunt.

I don't know what the price is going to be for FA Kareem Hunt, but if he wants to redeem himself with a winning team that has an open position at feature back, the Steelers may be the Answer.

Hunt is the total package and the offensive would be able to pickup right where Bell left it 2 years ago.

If Ben wants to make a run at the SB, we desperately need a feature back. Think back to John Elway getting Terell Davis later in his career.

2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Leaving the video to one side, Hunt is a restricted free agent. The Browns control where he goes, and they ain’t letting him go to a division rival.

Presumably they’ll offer him an original round (third I think) tender. Even if the Browns have no intention of keeping him they’ll be looking to recoup a draft pick from whoever signs him.

He is not a realistic target this off season unless the new GM decides he wants nothing to do with him and let’s him go where he wants without offering him a tender

4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I thought I heard the Browns are cleaning house and he is one of the players to be getting pushed out the door.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No THANKS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    We will probably find out when they appoint a new GM. If they decide not to offer him a tender then he will be a free agent and he can go where he pleases. They might put a later round tender on him anyway in an effort to recoup a draft pick and control where he goes, i.e., ensure he doesn’t go to a division rival.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t keep him on a very cost controlled deal for one more season though. He is a tremendous complement and backup to Chubb. Yeah the video is bad but as far as I am aware it was an isolated incident and he paid dearly for it, he does not have a history of locker room issues etc.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It's the post-season, so it goes without saying the Browns are cleaning house. Why stop the annual tradition?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    @Brice I am all on board with this. He is a free agent and someone will sign him why not us? I hate what he did but the way I look at it is if there are teams out there looking to sign him and give him a second chance why not us? He is a very good fit for us in a position of need, if the price is right I am all for him here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He is a talented multi purpose back. He is working on his off the field issues, served a suspension. It would solve a major issue for sure, all the what ifs would disappear. But franchising Alvin would turn any thought of a quality free agent into dust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yeah, because the ONLY problem we had on offense this past season was lack of a feature back. :facepalm:

I didn't see any furniture being thrown out a window or any water coolers being violated. That video is a non issue. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So its not an issue to violate a water cooler but it is ok against people? No thanks. Rooney's won't want to to have that POS anywhere around here is my guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I was just joking. Should have used the green font, I guess. Taking a shot at AB and his antics.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mike Vick says hello....;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    What teams are in need of a feature back?... I'm sure they're a few, especially a young, good, cheap RB like Hunt... I'm thinking Hunt wouldn't want to come here with Conner, Snell, and Samuels...Even if he was / is better than all of them..Just because of the uncertainty

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    giphy.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What person did he violate? I was under the impression it was K9s. My bust. I wasn't a fan of bringing him in either. In fact, I was in favor of the Steelers geting rid of Ben after strike 2 in Milledgeville, GA. How about you?

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Dogs are better than most people ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yeah and in the meantime we used 4 backs this season to fill that "RB" hole. It might not have been our biggest problem but it was a weak spot.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

........I can name a few........

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont care about off the field stuff bring him. Can you play? Idc what type of person you are.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Are you still holding out hope that one of these guys will turn into the feature back?

23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    A few dogs or a few people?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    See that's a problem that I have. To me, if they are thugs off the field, they usually get suspended from being on the field and sometimes multiple times. Besides, I don't think most people would want their kids wearing the jersey of a convicted drug user/ cheater, molester, or of domestic violence. Maybe they can be your hero's but I just don't think they are people to be looked up to and revered because they can play a sport. There are others that can fill the void and are good people.

25. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers could pay Hunt with hookers. 3 year deal for 30 hookers.