1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ALL TALK

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    How can Steelers announce they are keeping OC when the GM isn’t even signed?
    Trying to remain optimistic heading into the off season but who is running the show? Why would you not float some names out there to let everyone know they have to be better. A few playoff wins per decade is the Bengals not the Steelers. Or perhaps that’s what we are ? Nothing more nothing worse. I’d rather see us tear the whole thing down and start from scratch then go 8-8 or lose in the first round every year . Maybe we aren’t capable of that either. Honestly who expects Ben to play every snap there is a very slim chance of that or that his elbow is even healed. Makes me sick to hear people say the Dolphins will make the playoffs before the Steelers . But If you look at their cap space 100 million , draft picks 5 first round in 2 years and what they did this year with that squad who knows? I hope the Steelers know what they are doing but recent history does not point to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ye of little faith.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Ye of rose colored glasses.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes much better to be optimistic than pessimistic regarding sports. Especially when the franchise has a proven track record.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So, from the initial post I take it that Ben will keep his job as OC?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Player/Coach. He's just going to call all his plays from the field and we'll run no-huddle the entire game. Is it possible to run 6 wides? Never mind. He'll figure it out. Make your reservations and pack your bags. ;)

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bungles haven't won a playoff game since 1991... they are way worse than 1 playoff win per decade. Steelers would need to suck for 3 straight decades to match those losers. Just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    In the horrible decade that was the 2010s, the Pgh Steelers won 5 playoff games. Only 5 other teams did better: NE - 16, Sea - 10, GB - 9, Bal - 7, Den - 6. 26 out of 32 teams won fewer playoff games that the woefully dissapointing Stillers of the '10s. The comparison is not with the Bengals or Dolphins, it's with a few other of the top franchises in the NFL.

Some fans are spoiled rotten and have no clue what a bad team looks like.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    But I know what bad Coaching looks like ..And our OC is trash ...Ben will really be the OC if he healthy enough to play ? So I okay with it , but as soon as Ben can't get it done or is gone we need to fire our OC the same day we realize that ..

I watched a bunch of masterful calls this wildcard weekend ans seen a bunch of plays that built on one another ..Our OC is a good checker player , but he has never played a game of Chess in his life..

• Like Like x 3
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Checkers? Chess? RF plays tic tac toe against the chicken....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Lol @ the "blow it up" crowd. When have the Steelers ever blown it up? So glad you guys aren't running this franchise. They'd be the Browns.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am really not surprised Fichtner is keeping his job. This offensive roster was putrid due to departures and injuries. When guys are coming in off of other teams practice squads, and playing significant minutes for your offense, you have problems. I didn't like some of the play calling either, but I am not sure anyone else could have done any better with the players we had to work with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    BTW.

As for the Dolphins having all these first round draft picks, keep in mind the Dolphins are a team who had Minkah Fitzpatrick and had no idea what to do with him. I like the Steelers chances.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yeah..

If this is happening, whomever has supplanted Art Rooney II clearly is not doing a good job.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

$10 states that the Dolphins will draft Tua. I hope for their sake that Offensive Lineman is the top priority afterwards. Tua already stated that his hip will never be as flexible as it once was even if it is fully recovered.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Look on the bright side people, Steelers will always be better then the Pirates.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers 6 Super Bowls are not as impressive as it was 10 years ago. 6 is nothing special anymore. 49ers could very well join the club this year... and that will be 3 teams with 6.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Or you could say Miami will be pretty damn good after giving away MF, who was so good many say saved our defense, and still had enough left over to beat a Pats team needing to win for a bye in their own house. When was the last time we went there and beat the Pats? You like the Steelers chances to do what?.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good point! Can you imagine a Steeler team with nothing to play for going to NE with everything to play for? And we thought we weren’t prepared week 1 ....yikes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Trade Ben and pouncey to cinci for the first pick. I don't want tua I want joeu. :cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    True in life as well.. Be optimistic.

23. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Superbowls can't be taken away. Winning consistently can't be taken away either. 6 Superbowl wins isn't anything special? Only 2 teams in the history of the league accomplished 6 SB wins. There are teams that haven't won one Superbowl. Think about that for a second.

As I said better to be optimistic. It's not simply about winning Superbowls.

I understand how difficult it is to win in the NFL. It's even more difficult to win the Superbowl. I'd rather have a relevant competitive team that wins until the organization can put together another Superbowl winner. Having a consistent loser or winner doesn't guarantee a championship.

Maybe it's better for some fans to have a consistent loser?

I've learned to appreciate what the Steelers have. A consistent winner that will make the playoffs or be in the hunt for the playoffs more often than not. That can all change based on various factors. Learn to appreciate what you have because it can all be taken away today or tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I like the Steelers chances to manage their team better than the Dolphins over the next few years. All those draft picks dont mean anything if you cant develop the talent, or if you miss on picks.

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    3 out of 32? Still pretty impressive!

• Agree Agree x 1