1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Keenum

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 3, 2020.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Landry Jones is the XFL's flagship QB. #1 overall draft allocation.

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes, exciting for him I am sure. the league average salary will be 55, 000 (QB's may make a bit more). He could have made 10x, likely 20x that if he would have just waited for the injuries to hit. He could have signed with the xfl anytime. That said, if Landry Jones is the flagship QB, and the number 1 draft allocation...the league is in big trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    That is really exciting, his career stats % are about the same as Landry Jones. So either someone screwed up by picking him the first round, or we got lucky Jones was available in the 4th! Excitement abounds!

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    This is who I would like......but others have mentioned the $$ may be a problem.

Tbh, I liked Trevor Siemian too, once out of Denver. Smart guy who can win you a game or two in a pinch.

But, they really should hold off signing a QB until they see what type of condition Ben is in...Is it just a hurdle they'll need to jump for TC and some preseason or will it go much further? The length of Ben's recovery will impact imo how much they should spend on getting a new QB in here different from what they have.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we stick with mason and lynch and fix the oline. Jacoby Jones may be available too. Not sure for what kid of money. I'd rather keep what we have, fix the line and get a good qb coach. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I would kick the tire on Jones, 35, but could be a reliable BU.

7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Awwww...Still like Fitzmagic as a stopgap, I always liked him for some reason... Miami, with all those picks might be willing to move on from him and...From our perspective, If Ben isn't right...We realistically get probably the best " available " QB for the money, and the production...You could do alot worse until we draft " hopefully " the next great one!

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jacoby Jones or Jacoby Brissett?

9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Well Brissette is signed for more money that we can afford, and still under contract.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'd think Fitz is gonna get more $ somewhere than the Steelers would want to pay. I'm sure he could find a situation where he can compete for starting job or back-up a young QB and replace him him if the guy fails.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Fitzpatrick earns nearly $10m a year and will still be with the Dolphins anyway imo. Even if they draft somebody they will hold on to him, and rightly so. He loves it there as well.

Another Dolphins QB they could target is Rosen, bring him in and let him battle it out for the #2 spot. He would be dirt cheap for the next two seasons and between himself and Rudolph you may just have your starter of the future. Dolphins will want at least a fourth if not a third for him though, it would have to be a 2021 pick as the Steelers cannot give any more 2020 picks away.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Boy, you'd think Rosen was a leper. Only two years out of college. I'd have to think Mia would keep him, but if they draft a QB with one of their 3 1st Rounders, Rosen gets displaced for the new-kid-in-town yet again.

13. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah it could happen, if they draft a QB I would not be surprised if they try to move him on for a pick during or after the draft. Rosen was a first rounder and might be a starter if he gets a proper chance somewhere. He is on his cheap rookie deal for two more years and he has a fifth year option too.

I can’t see much of a market for him, most teams are sorted at QB. I could see Belichick rolling the dice on him or a team like the chargers as they are moving on from Rivers and the top guys will be gone when they pick.

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't we have him one year

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Where are the Charlie Batch's of the world?

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Not yet, still on his I played for bucket list.

We passed on him twice in the 7th round in 2005 draft. Bill liked rbs...lol

2005 Steeler selections:
    1. Heath Miller te
    2. Bryant McFadden db
    3. Trai Essex t
    4. Fred Gibson wr
    5. Rian Wallace lb
    6. Chris Kemoeatu g
    7. Shaun Nua dl
    7. Noah Herron rb

Fitzmagic: out of Harvard, highest wonderlic ever for a qb

250th selection out of 255 picks

14th QB taken in that draft

Only qb to throw a TD for 8 different teams.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Yes brissett. That's who I meant. My fault there with The name mix up. The Colts only have him a prove it contract and may decide to move on from him I saw. :cool:

19. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I think he is up at the end of the 2020 season. Not a realistic target for the Steelers in any case with Ben earning $30m plus

I think we can forget about getting a solid backup like Brisett, Keenum, Bridgewater, Fitzpatrick etc. It’s simply not realistic with the current salary cap situation

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    probably right and that is why I am for keeping mason and lynch around and fixing the offensive line. :cool:

21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is most likely what's gonna happen. Need a QB coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I bet Dobbs is back on the team by camp. I could see the Jags releasing him with Foles and Uncle Rico locked in as 1 and 2.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Last yr of his rookie deal isn't it?

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, 2020 will be the last year on his rookie deal.

25. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    He was signed for 2 years 30 mill after Luck retired. It may be an easy out for the Colts, but unless they get a stud FA QB why not keep him one more year. I guess the evaluation is in the eyes of the viewer. 8-8 record, decent first half, slowed down a lot in the 2nd half. Seemed to have a lot of sacks. I did not follow him or the Colts at all, was the decline due to injuries, or just him showing he might be a lifetime back up? If they release him someone will definitely take a look, I would not mind him at all, just don't know if the dollars are there.