1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do we draft?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Dec 24, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    9 out of the top 10 TE's are 6-5 or taller and the one that isn't is 6-4 and I like him, Jared Pinkney.

2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am one of the few that likes our group. My opinion is Juju, JW, DJ and Cain have talent just need to get the ball to them. With limited draft picks and many needs I would rather no WR and like you say bring in a FA bargain WR. jmo

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you mean SF?

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope Chargers......Green???????

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh wow. Completely forgot about him! :lolol:

Not very memorable at all .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    A big back that can beat off defenders! LOL!

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah when looking at FA TE's Henry stands out since it is so weak but to me it brings back memories of Green. I think I would rather stay with Vance than to spend big on Henry just to have him on IR all the time. :thumbs_up:

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    With the cap situation as it is, I agree. I would rather stay with Vance then have to take a cap hit by releasing him AND then signing another TE in FA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AJ Dillon will fit our needs.

10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    WITH THE LACK OF PICKS. I SAY WE GO DLINE AND OLINE DEPTH. MAYBE LOOK TO THE 2ND WAVE OF FREE AGENCY TO GET SOME WEAPONS ON OFFENSE. RESIGN WHAT WE HAVE ON DEFENSE. MAINLY DUPREE

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah man dead money on dead money will catch up to us, do you know what the option on Vance's contract is? I am reading he he had an option that has a March 10th deadline but can't find details.....

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/vance-mcdonald-12336/

says 20-21 salaries are club options...is that what you mean?

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Despite this being a HORRIFIC Tight End Class, sad aspect is we have to draft one. Trusting Vance McDonald to stay healthy is one thing. Trusting Zach Gentry to become a high quality starter in Year Two would be quite the leap of faith. Besides, Pittsburgh might have to dip into Free Agency for one.... again...

Brycen Hopkins or dare I say Jared Pinkney are the current incumbents. Jared though I would need to see perform at the combine. I think he is athletic but how athletic will be intriguing.

Wild card for me is still Neville Gallimore or even Raekwon Davis. Either or are monsters as one tech's; Gallimore being a freak show one gap penetrator who can hold up the POA some and Davis being the immovable object but has seriously special lateral quickness while operating in the phone booth. He has some pass rush upside but that will need fine tuning.

Wide Receiver?!?! Maybe but I doubt it. Unless the team does not believe in JuJu for some odd reason but I do not see a scenario in which they give up on him entering a contract season.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Forgot to add one final name; Antonie Winfield Jr. Keep an eye on him. He was one of my favorite overall players in all of College Football. A very underrated player and should be getting more attention.

Son of Antonie Winfield, a cornerback. who played 14 Seasons and had a good NFL Career overall; three Pro Bowl selections and one All Pro nod to his credit. Jr. definitely has some of his old mans fearlessness for certain. Not only that, one critical aspect that he has much like his father.

Antonie Winfield Jr. is a multi role Defensive Back with NFL Bloodlines and serious playmaking to match. Definitely would be a luxury pick in the second round but giving him a look via the third round comp pick if he is there is an option.

16. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Has anyone seen this TE Kevin Rader on our team? Is he big, he sure plays up. big. How does he look? It looks to me like the way he plays he could get on a team. He might need to be called up to keep him, right?

17. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Steelers Depot guys were saying Jesse James might get cut in Detroit, I'd gladly take him back and I think that would be enough to get by for next season at least.

18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Why would we draft a TE when we don't have an OC
    that knows how to use them? We have 2 good TE's that were
    severely under used. Go OL and return to power football.

19. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    2 good TE’s is debatable.

20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If we had a coordinator that knew how to use them , you would see their
    talent. Are they John Mackey's, not hardly but they can make plays.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not sure we need to go full out power football either. We do have two good TEs. Offensive line is a major problem. It must be fixed. Pouncey, foster should be the starting points. Finney, derwin grey could be the replacements. chuks and banner as reserves and draft a guy that is center guard capable. Risnor possibly. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny I brought him up as well with a friend of mine. As he pointed out injury history is something to monitor but he would provide another tremendous ball hawk at Safety along with versatility to play in the box and even in the slot. Depending on what the plans are for Edmunds? I would love for them to at least consider a move to hybrid ILB/SS for him and be able to plug Winfield in at SS.Then we would finally have the interchangeable safeties we’ve been hearing about when we really didn’t before. He and Minkah together could be something special.

23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Get the 2 best OL they can at their picks and the best OLB
    they can at their pick and let the cards play out through FA.

24. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I'd rather have Pittsburgh move Terrell to ILB completely anyway. Terrell's best season at Virgina Tech was at the Linebacker spot. Gaining 20 or so pounds should not be an issue for him as Mark Barron did that earlier in his career.

As for Winfield Jr., he has been reported to run a 4.38 although this is a laser timed run. Even adding a tenth of a second, that is still a very good time. The question becomes is Antonie explosive enough as Strong Safeties have to be that in spades.

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well you and I are on the same page with moving TE. As far as Winfield JR I think he will test pretty well. His athleticism seems just fine. I like the fact he has the NFL bloodline and his ball skills are top notch. His versatility just adds to the other positives.