1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do we improved

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Dec 30, 2019.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So with the season over and looking back at the entire season, where do we need to improve the most??

Is it OL, QB, or RB..
    Those are imo the three main spots we need to look hard going into the draft and FA.. Now we won't spend a fortune on anyone in FA, but will there be any decent FA in these positions?? Some may say WR should be in this, but if we can get healthy I think we can have a decent to good WR core.. Washington, Johnson and Juju can be a great core for sure.. DO NOT BRING SWITZER BACK!!!
    If Ben returns then these three should flourish.

OL:
    I know he is older, but he could help (especially if we draft a OL in the draft) but I wouldn't mind looking @ Bulaga from Packers..

If we cut Pouncey then do we resign Finney??

QB: I think MT and the FO will look and see we went 8-8 with a 3rd and 4th string QB... with that being said.. Lynch is gone for sure... and one of Duck or Mason will be too.. There will be some ok to good FA QB out there, but will hey demand an arm and a leg??
    Possibly look @ Rivers, Bridgewater (who will probably land a starting job somewhere) or Mariota..
    Rivers has experience and yes he does throw a lot of INT but he can help a lot in tutoring a Drafted QB or would do well if Ben can't go next year.. I don't think we should look @ Winston though...

RB:
    Do we look to move on from Connor?? He is a great guy at heart, but can he ever be healthy for a whole year?
    Maybe we just use him wayy too much?? I think Samuel is gone.. and right now we have Snell and Connor..
    personally we should look @ Drake (arizona), Carlos Hyde (Houston) maybe McCoy (KC) and either Jalen Richard or Peyton Barber...

2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    If they are smart, they let Foster walk and keep Finney in his spot knowing he can also play center. Pouncey goes when Ben goes, which will hurt us until he's gone. No way he should have made the Pro Bowl with his play this year. We are also stuck with this sorry coaching staff until Ben's gone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Coaching and GM cus both of these morons have no clue on how to draft or develop.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chuckie_os

Nov 14, 2011
    OC needs to go.. along with ST coach..
    DC gets to stick around..

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

I disagree about the receiver group. We need a TOP receiver. Neither of Washington, Johnson or JuJu requires defensive coordinators to stay up at night. Neither of these guys requires a double team. So many times during the season I seen no separation from these guys.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. chuckie_os

Nov 14, 2011
    But with our cap space.. we cannot sign a TOP receiver..

We all know AJ Green won't be coming here.. nor is Amari Cooper (if some of you think he is a TOP receiver) or Emmanuel Sanders
    if we bring in/have a chance to bring in any receivers it would be in the group of: maybe Robbery Anderson (but I know he will want top dollar), Geronimo Allison, maybe Randall Cobb..
    I don't see any other WR worth looking @..
    Hey maybe if we are lucky.. and i mean extra lucky, Larry Fitz may want to return to pitt for one year and end his career in pitt..

7. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It begins and ends with QB. If Ben comes back healthy and relatively effective that will make a world of difference in this team. If not, then the team is effed, unless they find a capable veteran.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I am of the belief that if you have a good OL then a work horse RB isn’t needed. I’m good with a rotation of Snell, Connor, Samuels, and Whyte in some combination if they improve the OL and QB play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    DJ leads the league in separation with 3.6 seconds. JuJu and Washington are inline with the likes of Amari Cooper, Beckham, Boyd with 2.4 (JuJu) and 2.5 (Washington). All of which is higher than Julio Jones who is at 2.2

You are going to see a big jump in DJ's production next season.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I saw plenty of times when these guys got separation, but the qb didn't have the vision or arm talent to deliver the ball to them........ a good nfl qb is also able to throw his receivers open

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Johnson
    Bush
    Watt
    Washington
    Hargrave
    Yeah but they can't draft and develop :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Samuels isn't a good runner, he's more of a receiving back, they should draft a RB Conner is unreliable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    everyone sticks around till ben is done. sad but true. barron and foster may go. please keep finney hilton and maybe dudpree . maybe try for fitzmagic to cover bens beard til he is ready. rudolf will have another chance to groom and show some peach fuz maybe. one can dream

• Like Like x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Doesn't take a genius to pick Bush and Watt , the rest are average. JJ is probably the one developing TJ, JJ told them to stay away from him before they screw him up too.

The secondary is pretty much made up of trades and signings. They've givin up on trying to develop. The bad pick list is 10 times longer than yours.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Anybody know where Rooney lives so somebody can plant drugs in his car. Need new ownership too.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, the key to your statement is "a good NFL qu is also able to throw his receivers open". Duck is not a good NFL quarterback. Neither is Rudolph. I would say below average.

17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Top priority for me is the OLine, with a bad OLine nothing else on offence can possibly work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They had to trade up to get the right player in Bush, that has to be the dumbest response ever JJ is developing TJ :facepalm:. No team hits on every draft pick :shrug:. Diontae leads all rookie WRs in receptions with 59.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Illini_Steeler

Illini_Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Agree. I don’t think you can make an evaluation till Ben is throwing the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Diontae Johnson was an excellent pick, he is going to be a terrific receiver

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    OC: needs to go
    ST coach: needs to go
    OL: get some youth
    QB: get a legit back up

• Like Like x 3
  22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    thats fine, that’s why you have 4 options to use based on the situation.

23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I just want to say this. Before suggesting a massive overhaul to the team ask yourself this:

Would a healthy Ben Roethlisberger have given them 3 or 4 more wins? IMO yes, thus putting their record at 11-5 or 12-4. That may or may not have won the division but it would change the outlook of the offseason.

Just perspective.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    WR is the only position where they had the most success,,unless a name jumps out they suck everywhere else.

25. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    But a healthy Ben = no Minkah. Better offense, worse defense.