1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey The Glory Days.

I stated this several weeks ago about how he was a "Media Darling" last year with all of his success. However, you now it goes when adversity hits one in life. For him, the realization is obvious that he was the beneficiary of AB drawing much of the coverage attention. In fairness to JuJu he performed exactly the way he was suppose to last season by taking advantage of the match-ups that he was receiving.

Now with the smoke cleared (AB's Departure) he has struggled immensely. He MUST figure this out if he is going to be successful. We have three young but very talented starting WRS: JuJu, Washington and Johnson. However, our QB situation has not done any of them any favors either. Missing Ben is a gigantic problem for this entire offense. Probably the biggest one for the "O" and for JuJu plus once again his injuries.

Other reasons for his struggles and the "O" as a whole include:
    • The coaching staff has not effectively utilized the TEs to be a part of the Offense.
    • The lack of creativity from Fichtner.
    • The RB situation is undependable. Again, injuries; especially to Conner.
    • Also, the departure of Bell plays a significant role. Similar to AB's departure. Last season, teams had to special game plan for Bell which probably took some "heat" off of JuJu as well. Our current crew of running backs do not present those types of problems for opposing defenses.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    My money is on D. Johnson. JuJu reminds me of Hines with more moves.

Edit: needs to work on being clutch. Hopefully this season helps him in that endeavor.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    How much big chestedness did AB do with Landry Jones? He needs a Ben & he knows that. See dissin the Raiders for the Cheats.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Probably the best pass thrown by a Steelers QB this season was the one that Juju dropped at the end of the Jets game. Hodges fielded a low snap off the ground and with an all out blitz in his face he had to heave the ball down field while falling backwards.
    If Juju would have caught it the play would have been the lead on all the sports networks.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    JuJu has made clutch plays his first two years in the league, he was the team MVP in 2018, he also had two TDs over 90 yards in that time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you. You definitely lived up to your namesake with this post.

As far as AB, considering how he showed up Landry Jones, it would have been a bad scene with Rudolph and Hodges.

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yates played in 2015 and he broke 100 yards with Yates so what are you talking about? And I mentioned tyreek hill with matt Moore coming off his couch from coaching high school football. I guess hes that much better than duck and Rudolph. Julio vs Seattle this yr with 10 for 152 with a washed matt Schaub who hasn't started in like 5 plus years. Mike Thomas with no drew brees. Did you see what devante parker just did with Fitzpatrick vs GILMORE(who put juju in solitary confinement). Juju was a product of playing behind a hall of fame wr. Ab Is so great that with all everything he has done off the field teams STILL want him. Saints were reportedly "blown away" by his workout. That's who juju got to be a product beside and he was facing last yr all NUMBER 2S. Anybody we played put their best corner on AB. Not juju. Different world for him this yr and that's the PRIMARY reason why he didnt look the same.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Sample size too small for that he barely even played half a season in games without ben and lol of EMMANUEL SANDERS and PLAXICO could put up numbers without ben you seriously think ab couldn't? Lol come on now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not if he isn't getting what he wants, thats been proven. AB needs football & yes he is clutch. But he is too much like OBJerk imo.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    And JuJu cracked 100 yards with Rudolph, whats your point? I guess JuJu balled this year too.

You're high as a kite thinking those QB's are a bad as Rudolph and Hodges. Also, Thomas didn't play great with Bridgewater (who is also much better than Hodges/Rudolph FFS), he had two games over 100 yards.

Whoopie for Parker, Gilmore shut him down in week 2. Now you are going to try and pretend Gilmore hasn't been a shutdown corner this year, have an agenda much??? And there you go again making ridiculous QB comparisons again. Fitzmagic ring any bells? This is what he does, capable of having great games.

Primary reason JuJu didn't look the same is because of Ben. Ben was also a big reason why AB did so well and your boy AB knew it, which is why he got himself thrown off the Raiders because he knew his production was about to take a hit playing with Carr and all the talk would have been how Ben made him.

And who is this list of teams that want AB??? I see just the Saints, prior to them I saw Wilson made a pitch for him to come to Seattle. Fact is, almost nobody wants him. NE isn't even touching him again and they desperately need him. Apparently his talent isn't great enough to make teams want him.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This flawed, condescending argument of yours misses the point. I'm not even arguing that they should have kept him right now. I'm simply saying that the loss of Brown hurt this team tremendously and it did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Juju had a terrible year , no denying it. Hopefully he works his ass off and comes back better for it .

its tough to judge our WR’s with QB play this bad. I think they might be better then we think.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps, but the receivers have also been a part of the problem this season. How often did we see Hodges with time today, but nobody could get open? The problems on offense this year went well beyond the quarterbacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    If that dead duck, pun intended, of a throw was the best of the season then it’s clear that JuJu wasn’t the problem here.

15. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Just curious, would you blame that on the receivers, the receiver coach or the OC?

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes.

In all seriousness, I believe all three are at fault.

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't disagree, but with the age of the receivers, 1 year (now), 2 years ( now), 3 years ( now), I'm leaning towards ray Sherman and RF to share most of the blame.

The wr position flourished under Richard Mann and continued under Drake for a season. RF and Sherman were never great at that job over there years of doing it. :cool:

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And Hodges and Rudolph had Pittsburgh in the playoff picture for a good chunk of the season. And NE doesn't want him because he publicly went at Robert Kraft. Thats simply the only reason. Schefter and rap both reported several teams want him but don't know if he will be able to play because Goodell informed anyone who signs him that he will be subsequently put on the exempt list after they sign him. Once that gets sorted it out and he has a ruling I guarantee you he will have SVEERAL SUITORS. Who the hell is going to put him on ice for no reason without knowing what his outcome will be from the nfl in terms of suspension?

And lol amari cooper made 2 pro bowls with Derek carr. Crabtree had over 1000 yards. Ab could have balled with carr. And juju played the ENTIRE SEASON WITH RUDOLPH and HODGES. Not one game or a FEW games like the other guys did while NOT SKIPPING A BEAT. And lol brees played 11 games and this guy broke the all time single season catches record. You seriously think he caught those 150 balls in 11 games lol? He was balling with teddy. with as horrible as Baker(arguably as worst qb in league this yr)played even odell still had 1000 yards.

And gilmore didnt play anybody this yr. Pats played 3 legit teams all year and in all those games gilmore wasnt all that.

And I guess Sanders and PLAXICO should be in the hall of fame by your logic since they looked far better without ben and a guy who was obviously more talented than them and put up better numbers than them needed ben.

And lol ab had every opportunity to stay. He could have worked it out but he demanded a trade and forced his way out. If he felt he needed ben that much he would have stayed and tried to mend fences. He took every opportunity he could this past yr to give the finger to ben. Never seen someone do that for a guy they needed. And he looked pretty good in ne for that 1 game off the street for a guy that needed a guy. When you need soemthing you cant produce AT ALL WITHOUT IT. And he left Oakland because he COULDN'T CONTROL INTIALLY where he wanted to go. He had to go wherever the team sent him. He wanted to go where he pleased.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They weren't in playoff contention because of Hodges and Rudolph, holy crap :facepalm:

You said teams are lining up for AB. They aren't.

Well then chicken **** should have played with him. Bawk bawk.

I'm embarrassed for you that you just said this.

God only knows how you came to this conclusion

1 game off the street, like AB had been on his couch for years :lolol:

He had his guarantee money in Oakland, all the low IQ dolt had to do was keep his trap shut for a couple more days but he didn't. Only thing AB may care about more than money is his legacy on the field (sure as hell doesn't care about his off field legacy).

His numbers were going to take a hit so he bolted. You're forgetting he had 1800 yard season here, 1,000 yards is a far cry from that and BEN would have gotten the credit for that. Comprende.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No Ben wouldn't because two guys that were far less talented than AB balled WITHOUT BEN. Sanders even publicly talked trash about ben before he left and made ALL PROS without him. Yous you'd think AB WOULDNT? plaxico won a ring and had better numbers without ben. You acting like ben is drew brees, Aaron Rodgers, peyton, Brady etc... hes a hall of Famer qb but he isn't some prolific all time great passer that elevates guys like those I mentioned. Hes a tier below all of them. Ab would have been just fine without Ben. And Pat's gave him guaranteed money but you know just like I know we weren't trading him there. He wanted to control his own destiny. That's why he left Oakland.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-return-after-the-trade-deadline-is-possible/

There are several teams interested in him because he's still arguably the best in the world at his position. Once Goodell hands down a judgement he will be signed with the quickness.

And I said off the street as he hadn't really practiced with NE. Their system in a few days is hard to get down. That's why ocho didnt produce in NE because he couldn't understand the concepts and it's why they mostly take the lesser talented guys over the good ones with a. few exceptions for csnt miss hall of fame talents like moss and AB that you just somehow someway find a way to intergrate.

And I didnt say because of them I said they were in playoff contention WITH THEM.

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Tomlin LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Two things are true....

AB is a nut job or great at acting like one
    Anyone trying to dismiss the fact that he is/was a elite talent regardless of the QB doesn’t know what they are watching. The production may not be at a elite level because of the QB but the talent is undeniable ,unless you live by that river in Egypt...lol

23. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

I didn't know where else to post but Jesus this man is the worst.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, now you are going to deny the connection Ben and AB had? You keep talking about other receivers putting up good number, they didn't put up prolific numbers like AB did. There is no chance he'd have done that with Oakland, 1,000 yards is the ballpark he would have ended up in.

I guess if QB play doesn't matter, you could put any joe schmo fan under center and the great WR's will still produce. Come on man, this argument is beyond ridiculous.

And we were in playoff contention in spite of Hodges and Rudolph. Defense was the only reason they were in contention.

25. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017

lmfao

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1