1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph and Duck

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Well, that’s happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    He was booted out of Cleveland as well as Denver. In other words he sucks.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Then they need to be in Kansas City.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe they need to listen to is principles and study his fundamentals?

6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Fixed

7. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Rudolf should still be in the mix . Ben has 2 more years on contract and so does Mason .
    Gotta let this play out the kid has some skills . 2 more years of development could be a boon for Steelers.
    Maybe 5 starts next 2 years if Ben stays healthy. So when MR becomes FA not much for him to flee to except as a QB2 elsewhere .

But with Steelers when Ben is gone in 2022 he has a starter chance .We get him for 2 /22mil as a starter for cheap or we let him walk and be gone. Steelers should know a lot more about him in the next 2 years .

When I was kid watching NFL , QB`s were given time to develop . Not 1 year but 2-3 . Sure the game was different and running the ball was the game . But damn, now they give up on a young QB too quick . It a process . Build a solid O-line , draft a solid RB then get your young QB. But nope its all ass backwards nowadays.

Case in point the Browns … Baker should just be handing the ball off to Chubb and Hunt for 30 plays per game .Having to deal with diva high dollar WR is a distraction . These guys are too much trouble and not worth the money.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's time for Duck to get on with his life's work, he doesn't have an NFL arm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The OU-LSU game is indicative of why Big XII QBs, with the exception of Mahomes and maybe Mayfield and Murray eventually, have pretty much been terrible at the next level. That conference plays no defense whatsoever. It's why MR's college numbers are completely useless in terms of projecting to the NFL.

10. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016

Agree. Rudolph can't muster any offense, and the Duck starts most plays by running backwards followed by throwing a pass that is caught 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. :(

11. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Big Ben doesn't have many years left in him I think. The person who will replace him needs to show up soon.

12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How bad must Lynch be? Honestly, with the season on the line, Duck threw for less tha 100 yards. He was like 8 for 47 tonight, and they still wouldn't throw a hail mary with Lynch.

Question is, why is he on your roster if he's completely unusable?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Duck had a nice run and made some good money . But he will not be back, it was a nice story but the guy has a popgun arm .

Rudolf will be QB2 next year . Hopefully 85 % of Ben returns , that would be enough to keep us viable , if we can get some kind of running game going.

Its going to be a fun offseason . I bet Colbert leaves to Panthers .

Cincy grabs LSU Burrows , Clev has boatload of talent , Balt and then us with 38 year old vet at qb .

Lots of ways the worm could turn for Steelers . I would try to trade some talent for picks this next year .

Raiders need WR and Ju Ju would look good in Vegas for a 2nd round pick .

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Rudolph has an NFL future. Hodges will catch on somewhere as a #3 but he just doesn't have the tools. I still think our OC did him very little favor.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then Hodges probably threw another duck of a pass :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Rudolph does?

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Of course. Anyone writing off Rudolph as not belonging in the NFL is just wrong.

I think it's absolutely fair to question whether he is a franchise QB, but he has all the tools to hang around the NFL.

Outside of the Cleveland game and the 1st half of the Bengals game, he was ok this year. Considering he was basically a rookie. As the #3 last year, he didn't get much work done. He even came into camo this year as the #3.

Give him this camp as the #2 and you will see improvement.

He went through a horrible stretch this year. He will learn from it and rebound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I also hold some hope for Rudolph. I’m not sure where his ceiling is but I believe he can be a starter if the game slows down for him between the ears. We shall see.

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I hope so

20. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Just consider the 1st round QBs from 2018 and 2019.

Exclude Lamar Jackson as he has obviously hit his ceiling potential and had an offense built around his abilities. Clearly a home run pick.

2018:
    Baker Mayfield
    Sam Darnold
    Josh Allen
    Josh Rosen

2019:
    Kyler Murray
    Daniel Jones
    Dwayne Haskins

Now Baker had a terrific 2018 but crash landed in 2019.

Darnold has been pedestrian both years. I am a Darnold fan and think he can turn it around but 2 mediocre seasons so far.

Josh Allen is a guy who needs to play on a good team. He is wildly inaccurate and most of his success comes with his legs.

Josh Rosen may not have any NFL future.

Kyler Murray can throw for alot of yards but really had a roller coaster season.

Daniel Jones didn't really have too many standout moments and that offense goes through Saquon Barkley.

Dwayne Haskins didn't look very good this year.

All these guys went in the first round.

We got Mason in the 3rd round. We only saw him for half a season this year and as I mentioned he didn't see that much work in either of his 2 camps.

I don't think anyone in this above list has separated themselves as a bona fide franchise QB yet. Jury is out on Mason. People can lump him in with Duck as being bad this year but I believe Mason has a much brighter future.

Let's all hope Ben is back healthy in 2020. Let Mason be the backup. Bring in a vet as the #3. One with more experience that Paxton Lynch or JT Barrett.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I like Lynch at the #3 spot next year; who may be able to give Mason a run for the #2 next year.

Big fan of Mason's until game time, when I noticed he has a bad habit of throwing off his back foot. Went back and looked at his college tapes where he did the same thing.

Mason will never make it in the NFL throwing the way he is now; no Zip on his passes throwing off his back foot. His current style is to lob the ball down the field. Speedy CBs eat his passes for breakfast. Also explains why he seems to throw behind his receivers most of the time.

22. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Just remember this thread next season. I hope I don't see a repeat of posts in past years. Ben would throw a few picks and have a bad game, resulting in several board members calling for his benching and replacement with the back-up.