1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We will be in same situation next year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    If Ben does not recover which is not a guarantee, we will be doing the duck Rudolph hat dance again next year and praying for other teams to win to have chance to get killed by patriots in foxboro. This year was a complete waste and we would be better off getting a future qb in the first round of the draft instead of getting a safety. Fitz is great but it was not worth it. We are in salary cap hell, quarterback hell, and we will have to draft our qb next year and the. Waste another year grooming him. Future is bleak.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Dark times are certainly ahead only hope is that enough **** years in a row gets Mike
    Fired

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m happy with the Fitzpatrick trade. I’m not yet sold on giving up two day two picks for Bush when the team has both cap and depth issues but I hope he proves me wrong.

I’m hopeful for 2020 but so much depends on Ben coming back ok and the team steering clear of another injury crisis

• Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Should have happened 3 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Listen I don’t love Tomlin, but he has little to do with this mess. The team needs a new QB, bona fide number 1 WR and a legit number 1 RB. Last time I looked that was the GM’s job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Give me name of a coach that will do us any better than Tomlin is doing. I’m not a huge fan of his, but I just don’t see a savior out there.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Randy is the worst OC possibly in the history of the NFL. Dude needs to be fired and Ben should be coachable and not get to hand pick is OC. Ben is good but far from perfect, but he's still a baller no doubt. Get rid of foster and 78 as I think they're not good anymore. Draft a WR with the 2nd round pick because juju is a video game player not a WR. Draft a RB round 3. Then go o line at least 3 times. Find a journeyman safety to take over for Edmunds until his deal is up. Release Hodges. Mason is the back up no doubt. 2021 draft snag a QB in the first round

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Next year Browns and Ravens will sweep.

So yeah, probably have to hope for Wild Card...again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Freddie Kitchens says "hold my beer".

• Like Like x 2
  11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Doom and gloom :facepalm:

Don't lose Ben this year and they're playing in Houston next week as the #5 seed.

If the D continues to play like they did this year, they'll be a playoff team next year with Ben. IF he fully recovers. That's why to me finding a viable back up QB should be priority #1. IMO I'd go after Andy Dalton. He's definitely capable of being a starter in this league and not only would be a good back up, but he could actually start for years down the road if need be as the Steelers look for Bens replacement. He'd be a nice bridge to the future and allow them to remain competitive and not reach for their future QB.

Also, I would keep Rudolph too as #3. I wouldn't give up on him so fast.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Way to early to make this call. The Browns are a terrible organization with one of the worst owners in all of professional sports. Jimmy Haslem is corrupt as his organization Flying J. Rarely are good teams lead by bad owners (I don’t give a rat’s ass about 80 year old Kraft getting a tug, though I think he would have done a lot better with an out call).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Geeze we are the afc cowboys

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Ben doesn't hold the cards for a successful 2020. Ben can't carry this team with our current OL. Without fixing what ails us up front, no qb will be successful.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wait I thought the Browns were going to sweep this year and make the Super Boel?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Nah, that would be the Browns, all the talent in the world and have nothing to show for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Hopefully that was the last time we ever see Hodges on the field again and in a Steeler uniform

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    But without all the talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns they just fired another HC :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Well know that they fired their Coach, they just might.

21. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Wish the Browns kept him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I doubt the bengals will cut Dalton loose and even if they do the Steelers can’t afford him he has no guarantees left and is $ 17m vs the cap next year it would sink them. The Steelers have hitched their wagon to Ben with that monster extension they gave him. They can’t afford an experienced backup as well

23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree Ben's salary is handicapping the team to an extent. The Steelers will definitely need to make some moves to have cap space. It appears there will be several experienced QBs on the market in the off season. Some of those players might be willing to take less money for a year if they could potentially have the opportunity to start. The Steelers need to address the RB position to have a chance at a more competent offense. They should be fine at TE. They have good players in which the can build around on the Oline.

It will be an interesting off season for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Fitzmagic could run Ben's plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    One of my favorite qb's, that would be awesome (to me anyhow).

• Agree Agree x 3