1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradshaw gets snubbed on 100 All time Team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Dec 27, 2019.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Marino’s problem was himself. He refused to hand the ball off and demanded the offense be all about him. Jimmy Johnson went to Miami and said he could not win with him because he refused to embrace a balanced offense. I’m not saying he couldn't throw the ball, I’m saying he wasn’t a selfless leader who values winning over personal goals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bad analogy. Goff is a one man sport not a team game like football. Also the people on the list may have looked at how in comparison to the other qbs, Bradshaw had more teammates on the all time team than any other qb.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Bradshaw threw a LOT of interceptions!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    And they may have been on the list because of his play. It is inexcusable to not have a 4 time Super Bowl winning QB on the list and have a loser like Favre on it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Crackhead Randy Moss left a lot of games early without injury and won nothing but he’s on there. It’s awful what fantasy football has done to the sport. No one cares about winning, it’s about fantasy stats.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not old enough to know for sure, but was Bradshaw considered the best QB in the league during his time?

All the other QBs that made the Top 100 I think we can safely say that they were considered the best QB in the league.

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not quite analogous. Now, if Moss had dropped a lot of passes before leaving early to smoke crack...…...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Depending on who you asked, of course. I think most would put Staubach at the top. Stabler, Tarkenton… no one was better than Terry, obviously, in the SB!

9. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I feared Stabler most of all, more than Roger (0-4 vs us). Tarkenton got a lot of love then because of his stats - threw more often than others. Ken Anderson, Bob Griese and Bert Jones were also much touted as were Dan Fouts and Brian Sipe later in Bradshaw’s career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    His struggling was pretty standard for the era. I remember that nearly every commentator and article on QB's relied on the 5 year rule, that is it took a QB about that long to mature into a quality QB. Not always, but remember the college game was far different then, and even though the pro game as compared to today seems like semipro ball, they were light years ahead of college play. I did not see the list or the order, but Montana, Johnny U and Bart Starr should be considered ahead of TB in my opinion. Beyond the 4 SB's, his greatness was limited to just a couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    TB did have 2 Super Bowl MVPs. He deserves more credit than he gets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What did Bradshaw have to do with Joe green, Jack ham, jack Lambert, and mel Blount? They were great defensive players because of him?

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct but nether Edelman nor deion branch will ever sniff the hall. They have zero individual accolades.

14. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    They would not have been looked upon the same way if they had no championships, the team was legendary because of winning, not stats. It says a lot that a Steelers forum would probably be the only one in the league on which I would have to defend our 4 time super bowl winning and 2 time SB MVP winning QB. I’d imagine most of the critics on here would rather play the season then award the championship to the team that had the best combined statistical season. Everything is based around fantasy football stats played by guys living in their moms basement who never got to play for real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not true at all. If that were the case Charles haley with his 5 rings would be the greatest defender of all time.

16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    He is absolutely one of the greatest that played and should be on the list. Winning matters, it doesn’t matter in Cleveland and Cinci, it matters here.

17. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Your point?

18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

I resemble this remark, except I live in my wife's basement.

• Like Like x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I liked Sipe. Never like Fouts. More than who he played for, he was an arrogant prick!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Favre, a loser?????? "Drugs are bad, mmkay?"

• Like Like x 1
  21. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's why I compared him to manning and Brady to Montana

22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BigBensBigBong.

Check out the Marino Thread that I just posted.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey STEELWARRIOR.

This is just, as I say, totally "Disgusting". How in the world does he not make this list. The man was super clutch on the biggest of stages in all of sports: 4-0 in Super Bowls as we all know. The beauty of this is that he matured with each victory. Where in Super Bowls IX and X he played well and made his contributions. However, we were really more of a Running Offense with a Great Defense.

In Super Bowls XIII and XIV he was a more "polished" all around player. He once again led us to victory but in these two wins he contributed a lot more with his passing and once again, he was supported by Great Defenses. The growth and maturation of him evolving into a clutch passer had become evident. I believe that in Super Bowl XIV he had his first 300+ yard passing game of his career.

As I read some of the posts here, some people pointed out that overall his career statistics are nothing to write home about. However, and once again, when put on one of the biggest of stages, in all of sports, the man was clutch. He always came through in crunch time!

I am not sure about the so-called "animosity" that went down in Pittsburgh after he retired. However, I remember he returned for a home game and was honored. He was not sure how the crowd was going to react to him. It was all good! Man, I have nothing but love for this guy and all that he did for the franchise. So should everyone else. He was such an intricate part of changing the Steeler climate when it all started to turn around in the early 70's. Thanks Terry!

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I can not stand, borderline hate, the boys, Raiders , patsies, And ratbirds ...... But I’ve always respected Landry and Rodgers, both are Christian Family men who always did the right things on and off the field!

Bradshaw should not be on the top 100.... his early career struggles, lack of numbers, first career 300 yd game came in year 8, and he had two HOF WR, HOF RB, Great OL with HOFer, All-Time Great Defense Loaded with HOFers...... which is The Steelers Won 4 SB!!!

I like The Original TB12 and yes he’s a HOF but not a top 100 Player.

Cajun
    <><

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This is one reason it's a bullsh!t list. Terry was the superstar that answered when called upon for greatness. Elway meh, Farve meh, Staubach gets a pass imo because Terry was better when needed to be. The Cowchokes of the 70s would dominate the list if not for the blond bomber.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2