1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradshaw gets snubbed on 100 All time Team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Dec 27, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So your saying there's still a chance with Mason Jagoff?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hey Browns fans, there actually is hope for Baker Mayfield after all. ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Isn't that the truth Ask.

Bradshaw. Here are the stats: 4 Super Bowl Championships, 2 back to back, 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Oh, and called his own plays.

Manning, Farve, Marino, Elway? :lolol: Joke! Add Brady who is nothing but a system QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He had his Duck moments as well...lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Granted, Swann made some catches most wouldn’t make, but TB knew that and made the throws so that only Swann would get them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Just as Montana had Rice and Taylor doing the same thing. And just as brady has feasted on the dink and dunk to where people consider him the goat. For me, Staubach would be bounced for Terry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Give me Bradshaw, Swann and Stallworth in todays NFL, and I will give you the greatest passing attack ever, IMO. Hell, qbs and wide receivers have it so easy today it's a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I remember he was not so good early on, but wow, that was bad. Like I said before, Bradshaw had a VERY long learning curve. In today`s NFL he would never be given the chance to develop. He should be grateful he not only was allowed the time, but the team he was on played defense and ran the ball. Even back then, the likeliness anyone getting the chance the way he did was extremely against the odds. Gradually, the team actually depended on him performing at a high level with the 78, 79 championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Elway is probably the most physically gifted QB to ever play in the NFL, he had mobility and the arm that made him great.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I haven't saw the list yet and was wondering if Sammy Baugh made the list somewhere. He might have been the best all around player in NFL history. One season he led the league in passing yards, interceptions and punting average. His 51.4 yards per punt in 1940 is still an NFL record for a season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben had a better arm & a little mobility but Elway played smarter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We were more of a running team. But, even in the '70s, Bradshaw didnt put up the numbers of a stauback, fouts, Plunkett, or the qb of old Houston Oilers ... just to name a few. Lynn Swann or john stallworth didnt put up numbers against those 2 guys in s.d or harold Carmichael. Franco, wasn't considered a top 5 rb ... back then. But, when it came to the big game ... All of those guys were Clutch. And, this was a time, when the defense had free range to beat up on any offensive player. So, No, they get no respect or consideration

• Like Like x 2
  14. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He had a pick and a fumble in that game, it ain’t all on Smith. He lost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Elway was a loser, he was finally able to get on the SB win board via Terrell Davis. Elway and Marino are both overrated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Just ask yourself, who was the top five greatest golfers of all time. Then look at the tour records, most of the people on the records list never won a major and are not household names and would never be put on a top anything list. It’s about winning, not stupid stats. When Marino played, the defense could put 10 cornerbacks in and double cover all the recovers and He still would not hand the ball off. That is why he could never win anything, same with Fouts. They had good numbers and ran up completion stats with 1 yard passes but that **** don’t win a thing.

17. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Just curious, were you around to watch and remember SB XIII?

Because I was. In fact, I personally relish and remember all 4 of Roger the overrated Dodger's losses against the Steelers.

"if" Smith caught that pass, the game would have been tied 21-21. The Steelers responded with 2 TD's to go up 35-17. The last 2 Cowboys TDs were garbage time scores that make that game seem closer than it was.

LC Greenwood tossed Roger around like a rag doll and basically ended his career with a concussion in a regular season game in 1979 that caused him to retire after the season.

Don't know any Steelers fans from the 70s era without a hatred of that Dallas team, their obnoxious front running fans, and their pretty boy All American Qb. America's team my ass. They never would or could have beaten us. And yes, 40 years later and my passion for hating them is undimmed one iota.

P.S- Here's my boy Jimmy Allen picking off Roger in a 1977 regular season game- take him to the house Jimmy!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Those are interesting stats, thank you. I was at those games and remember the interceptions. In particular he seemed to like blue uniforms. But he had the strongest arm I’ve seen. Those interceptions weren’t bad passes or pick six like Ben. He was throwing lasers deep down field into triple coverage. He also made a lot of those passes.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  20. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I think your post sums it up!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I loved having Bradshaw. He was a winner. He was better than Ben. He is by no means in my top 100.

22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Elroy wasn't even an accurate passer st Stanford. He road TD to the promise land. Marino on the other hand ... should've been a steeler. It's no telling how many more superbowls we could've won. From his rookie season ... you had to know that he and Montana were legit. As a matter of fact ... Brady and Peyton could be compared to those two.

23. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. I am amazed how that game is burned into people`s minds that it was a great close game. Total fiction, like you point out. Only the unlikely recovery of an on-sides kick gave the Cowgirls a chance to make the score close in a game where we dominated. They needed to recover a second on-sides to have a chance and of course did not get it.

• Like Like x 1
  24. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

Yes, this game and the 1979 Oilers Mike Renfro game too. Total revisionist history by Steelers haters and/or people who weren’t around then.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep you are right about Smith I remember that but the woulda coulda shoulda don't matter you can say that about any game. The fact is Terry 2 Roger 0 and if people are gonna say SB are a big reason what makes a career then I my opinion is TB over Roger.

As far as respect I give it to him never said I didn't my opinion is based solely on head to head record vs each other in the SB. :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1