1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Juju

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    i had the same thought about people making excuses for his failures this season. Bad quarterback play doesn’t cause the drops or the killer fumble against the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m basing his play for this year lol

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The only way that NFL players who apologize for losing a games to actually stop losing games is to write into their contract they don't get paid for that game for doing stupid things like getting a senseless penalty or causing a turnover that seals a loss. This would never happen of course but as it is right now nothing happens to these players as a result. Everything is about money, team is secondary.

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well that's nice that he can do so in our last game of the year. Just in time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'll shut up now, you have the better argument.

Business was boomin...sigh

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Maybe he improves with Ben next year who knows

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The production will go up for the receivers if Roethlisberger can even reclaim some of his former glory, but Smith-Schuster simply needs to play better, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The drops and fumbles were there last year, thats an existing and separate problem.

His lack of production is a direct result of poor QB play.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    So was every other receiver covered by Gilmore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd also add first bad one with pure garbage throwing him the ball. 600 yards in 10 games, probably would have approached 1,000 if healthy and a full season. But hey, maybe he should have led the league with tweedledum and tweedledee at QB.

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Overall lack of production, which his production is a part of, is a direct result of bad coaching. Bad qb play was only a factor. Better gameplans and preparation would have helped our qb (whoever he was at the time) be more successful. That would have aided the wr group as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love to see a new OC, just don't see anyway they will make a change with Ben coming back.

But yes, that definitely hurt.

13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah Gilmore is pretty much like revis. Shutdown

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Really hope we do not pay JuJu. Just draft a guy in the 2nd round after next season

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The rate of drops was a lot higher in comparison to how few times he caught the ball this season. The killer fumble last year was also a lot easier to take from guy with monster production.

His lack of production is a result of a multitude of things, including the loss of Brown, injuries and his own decline. It wasn't the quarterback's fault he dropped what should have been a season-saving catch at the end of the game against the Jets. That was Smith-Schuster's fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not hopkins. He didn't even want to check tyreek hill and sammy somewhat gave him work. I even saw a hobbled Hollywood brown catch a few first downs on him. Those the only elite guys hes faced this yr. He didnt go against Julio, Mike Thomas, etc.. he held juju to basically ZERO. Not 1 impact play the entire game.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Gilmore is great, but really, some folks just won't ever stop making excuses for Smith-Schuster. He is well liked and nobody wants to admit how much losing Brown hurt the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I saw Hopkins for years before Watson ballout with the Texans playing musical chairs at qb with Yates, hoyer, osweiler, etc.. I saw Julio go for 10 catches and 152 when matt ryan missed that game vs the Seahawks this yr, I saw tyreek hill ballout with matt Moore coming of his couch to play qb for mahomes, Mike Thomas was still unguardable and putting up numbers this yr when drew brews went out. If juju is that guy he would be delivering regardless like the other elites do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Brown also = bat crap crazy cancer to any team.

once we get another threat at receiver, Juju will be fine. All eyes won’t be on him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    In today’s league I feel he is. I’m not saying he is as good as revis prime but he is comparable to someone of his caliber today

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I admit both

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not arguing his drops, I've already said that's a separate existing problem. It has nothing to do with AB or Ben.

His lack of production can be attributed to one thing for certain, no Ben.

We won't know what affect losing AB has on him until Ben is back under center. Then a fair evaluation can be made.

24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Did anyone else hear Ed Bouchette absolutely rip Juju on 93.7 the fan this evening? He called him a "phoney baloney" and said that he sees him in the locker room and he is nothing like the person that he portrays to the fans when the cameras are on.
    I thought that was unusual for Bouchette to go after acurrent

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopkins didn't ball out, he had a nice game here and there, otherwise his production was very JuJu like. JuJu had a game over 100 yards this season, does that mean he balled out? He also had a couple 80 yard games. Some of you act like the guy was struggling to reach 20 yards.