1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Perspective

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AFan, Dec 22, 2019.

1. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Most people here would agree that Ben is a great QB, a HOFer, and I agree.
    The more TDs Ben had in a season was 34.
    The least INTs he had in a season was 5. That was in the 2010 when he only play 12 games due to suspension. That season aside Ben's lowest INT in a season is 8.

Lamarr Jackson, assuming he doesn't play Sunday, has 36 TDs, 6 Ints. AND he ran for 1000 yds.
    LaMarr may not last, his style may not equal longevity,but he's had one hell of a season.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Lamar is a beast, but the Ravens have a heck of a football team, and coaches too to channel him and limit him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Wrong Forum.... lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nice try

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Disagree, it's a comparison of Ben to Lamarr. That's a Steeler Forum discussion.

6. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Never would have predicted this after watching him in college. Not everything is just the TE either which is usually a young QB pacifier. The RG3 stuff is not surprising.
    If he never plays another year at this level I have to tip my hat to LJ

Cant wait to see if Belicheat sees him again this year.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    He can win a ring this year and then ravens can **** off for another 10

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    IMO Steelers are going to be looking up at Ravens and Browns for awhile.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    @Roonatic i agree with your disagree I hope they choke lol

10. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    We FINALLY have a championship playing defense. Like any other NFL team, If your HOF QB is healthy and the rest of the offense stays healthy, we have a great chance to win #7.
    I hear how our OL is terrible. It was just a year ago, they were considered top 3 in the NFL. I am just glad the discussion in 2019 has been our injury situations and typical things to ***** about.
    We have not had drama stuff. National anthem, hold outs, facebook live, throwing chairs off balcony etc etc.

At the end of the day, win or lose, it's been great to watch our defense get takeaways and keep us relevant in playoff contention. The Boz has come back strong. We are damn close if we can get Ben and our RB's to stay healthy.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Actually it sounds like your kissing another teams QB's azz..

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Oh gosh. Where to begin? I'll start at the beginning. We do NOT have a "championship playing defense." We have bookend pass rushers playing their best ball at the same time and a very good safety. We can't defend the pass and can't contain mobile qb's. Not championship caliber.

There's also a lot of "ifs" between now and a 7th ring, one big one being coaching.

Also, we have not sniffed relevancy all year. Playoffs?? Not hardly.

And lastly, the only thing we are "damn close" to is another 8-8 season. Ben is a huge wildcard at this point, and no running back will be successful behind our current OL.

Sorry to burst your bubble and trample your optimism. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Especially Tomlin's inconsistent coaching. He's not winning another championship here folks, it's not gonna happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Wrong, they have more than a safety and bookend pass rushers, they have a Pro Bowl and All Pro DE in Heyward. They also have two good starting CBs, and two other decent guys in Hilton and Sutton.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns :roflmao:, Baker regressed this season so I'm not worried about them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They are fourth in the league in total yards per game allowed and fifth in pass defense. They are fourth in points allowed. They are tied for the league lead in turnovers forced and lead the way in fumble recoveries. They are second in sacks, one behind the Panthers.

This is all after a disastrous start by the defense in the first two games. They gave up an average of 30.5 points in the first two games and only 16.5 per contest since. This is also with a terrible offense that can't possess the ball and has turned it over far too often lately.

The Steelers held the sixth seed until Week 16. They were absolutely relevant.

I get the frustration and I know they aren't getting in, but you're way off on the defense and the point about being relevant.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    How could I forget the cornerstone of any elite defense...two other decent guys. :facepalm:

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Or...……..?

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    & a rookie ilb that hasn't shown his playmaking ceiling yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    We can go round and round about this. I won't argue with your stats. Numbers don't lie. They just don't tell the truth.

The truth is that this defense is incomplete. I never said it was bad as a whole, but it has holes. Glaring weaknesses that better teams can exploit. When our pass rush isn't effective, this defense is pedestrian, regardless of your numbers.

In order to be relevant, you must be "closely" connected. Hanging on to the 6th seed 3 games before the playoffs with a team relying on defensive points to win games is not closely connected to the playoffs.

And in the scope of football discussion, relevancy also implies a general ability to be successful. When you must apply "any given Sunday" to establish hope of success, you are not relevant.

22. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    But I'm complaining about this year's defense not being championship level. A rookie who makes some plays, disappears on others, and makes mistakes on the rest shouldn't be included in the discussion of what makes a great defense. He has untapped potential, though. I'll give you that for the future. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lambert has put the rookie bar ridiculously high. Yeah, he petered out this year. I have huge expectations from him moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Your comparing a 15 year guy ……….to a 15 week guy...……
    His style of play cannot last in this league..Its been proven over and over...

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Lamar Jackson plays for the Ravens and therefore can go ***k himself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1