1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Allen, member of 2 Super Bowl teams, passes away

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jimmyallen45, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  2. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    thanks for everyone's messages. I can update that the Steelers are working with Jimmy's family to deal with insurance, pension, and other issues. I'm unsure that there will be a formal obituary or announcement from either of his teams (I've been in touch with the Lions too).

I have heard via a third party about condolences from Mel Blount, Mike Wagner, and JT Thomas, and his Lions teammate Freddie Scott.

Pittsburgh sports author Jim O'Brien is writing an obit in his column in the Valley Mirror newspaper. If there are any PA local people on here who get the Valley Mirror and can save a copy of that issue for me, I'm be incredibly in your debt.

Here is a picture of Jimmy and Jim O'Brien taken about 6 years ago. I got Jimmy that SB jersey (he gave the original away at a fundraiser during his playing days) as a custom made, got one for myself too.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you for the update, Jimmy was lucky to have you in his life and as a friend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey jimmyallen45.

Sorry about the loss. Not just to you but everyone else's lives that Jimmy Allen touched. I realize that you had a personal relationship with Mr. Allen and you guys probably had a lot of personal memories and stories to share. That is great! Not just because he was an NFL player but more importantly a friend. I wish you nothing but the best through your time of grieving and you know we all here support you as a Steeler and a Humanitarian community. Please feel free to reach out to me in a Conversation if you would like to talk on a more personal level. Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid