1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason on IR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, it usually take a few series/ quarter for our defense to get kicked in the nuts before they figure things out. Great game planning.

2. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    So we have a choice between rolling the ball back to the QB in shotgun or a lineman stepping on the QBs foot under center. That pretty much sums up our offense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It's almost always the qb's fault. The qb knows the play. He knows where his center is supposed to be. If the center is going to pull to the right, he will lift his right foot first. The qb knows that. Drive block? Neither foot comes back.
    He also is the only one who can see both sets of feet. When a qb gets stepped on by his center, he's usually not set properly and out of synch with his center and the play in general.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Ready to go for what? More blitzes? What is PL going to do?

We can't run the ball on bad defenses. Why do you think we're going to run it on the birds?

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    OK, thanks.

Sort of what I figured but wasn't sure.

6. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    What about when our lineman gets blown off the line back into the QB? Lots of times you're right but sometimes I see our linemen part of the problem as well.

7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    That's why I said "It's almost always the qb's fault." ;)

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Having played center myself at the high school level I’m no pro. I never tripped or stepped on a qb foot. But we hardly ran shotgun, it was a lot of running. But generally you can pass block and step back quick to pass block and you could do it. I think it’s general uncomfortable for Rudolph he ran in college exclusively out of shotgun. Taking snaps under center has become a lost art. College and even lots of high schools I watch like to run shotgun all the time

• Like Like x 1
  9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    just give lynch all the reps he needs

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It gave them a shot against the Jets. Rudolph got them back in that game.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I hate to say it, but I agree. It is time for desperate measures. They should probably start Lynch.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Just like Duck did when Mason stunk up the joint. Let's be honest, this team never really had a shot. If Mason hadn't got hurt, the outcome would have been the same. He wasn't leading anyone to victory.

Huh? Desperation? For what? The only hope this team should be inspiring is for a better tee time.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect all Duck. Unless we think we are making the playoffs, there is no reason to put Lynch in if Duck isn’t hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They have to go in with the idea that they can make the playoffs. I doubt it will happen, but the coaches have to play it that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    What was the injury? Shoulder injury is vague. Broken collar bone? Separated shoulder? Had to be one of those to be put on IR.

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    They have to go in with the idea of winning the game. There is no consideration of the playoffs whatsoever. The playoffs are out of our control. Winning the game, as illogical as it sounds, is still within our control. That is the only focus. Period.

17. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Of coarse they were out of sync with each other but I'm certain that it was Finney who was more at fault since it came on the very first play after Pouncey's injury. A 3rd sting QB playing with a 2nd string center hardly ever yields great results.

18. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    remember Mason is new at being under center, in college the Cowboys were shot gun all the way

19. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I said it was usually the qb. What do I have to remember again?

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, since you are certain, let me change my entire belief system real quick. On second thought...:rolleyes:

21. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    your right, it was just a thought I had and I posted before reading Troybellringer55's post

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    JT Barrett to the practice squad.

We have to go duck and then lynch. Lynch has been here 4-5 weeks now learning.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    If I remember correctly he had a dislocated left shoulder..... I believe he played 4 more snaps before the series ended which testifies to his toughness. They were able to get the shoulder back in place but it’s been said it will take 6 to 8 weeks to heal.

Cajun
    <><

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You know, all those duck heads and paraphernalia were cute when Hodges was emerging but I'd hate to see a bunch of :noose:'s if Paxton fever hits Steeler Nation. :shrug: (Not to be taken seriously, please)