1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Many Ravens Starters are OUT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelCity_NB, Dec 23, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I have interest in the NFC East for certain reasons and I have a feeling nothing will go right for me in week 17 so I've decided to turn off my phone and TV then around 8:00 in the evening check the scores.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I guess it depends on how you define a season ultimately ending. For me, it’s when you’re eliminated.

I’ve seen teams with dubious records of ugly wins then making a noise in the play offs. I wouldn’t be surprised if, like you say, the offense is embarrassing... but until it’s over, it ain’t over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And they don't have to change the offense much going from one QB to the other. It's not like going from Lamar to a pocket guy. Like you said, it will still be a tough game.

4. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    We have no chance to beat the Ravens, even with their backups. RG3 is no slouch. And that is the kind of QB we should have brought in(one w/ NFL experience).

Duck will be eaten alive by the Raven D....

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Must also watch the raider game. If the same thing happens with the raiders winning to create a 4 way tie.. The steelers are out

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is true. A 3 way tie between colts, Titans, Steelers will result in the steelers making the playoffs. Just a 2 way tie between the titans and the steelers will eliminate the steelers, Just like a 4 way tie between the Colts, Titans, Raiders, And steelers will eliminate the steelers

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    very smart to have RG3, plays a similar style to Jackson, heck I’m a penn state fan and even Trace McSORLEY plays a similar style. All 3 QBs they use do, not one pure pocket passer on the ravens

8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Message who those who think we have a chance. Many starters are also out for the Steelers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    So are Steelers starters. And frankly we have more out; Ben, Conner, Pouncey, Antonio Brown, Leveon Bell, Marcus Gilbert.
    And we are without the 2nd string quarter back.
    All this does is make us less disadvantage than the Ravens.

So why am I writing this? Because after the Steelers finish 8-8, someone will write some nonsense like, “Tomlin couldn’t even beat the Ravens without _________ playing”. The fact is, however, that the Steelers injuries this season are worse than any team in the league. I don’t care if you like/hate Tomlin, what the Steelers will have accomplished by finishing 8-8 with the team we have been fielding is amazing. Talent wins in this league, and to win with such severely limited talent is so difficult as to be nearly impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    4 way tie the Raiders get in. If its a 3 way tie and Raiders lose Steelers are in.

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

In the 4way 8-8 tie, the Raiders are likely in over Pit on the Stength of victory tb, But it's possible if certain games go right, that this to could shift to Pit. Not likely, but possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The Steelers need KC, GB and Min alll to win on Sunday (all which could happen, though Min has no reason to play) but the death blow to this scenario is the Dolphins must beat NE too and the Steelers would win a 4 way 8-8 tie, but no (Absolutely no) way this is happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Brown, Bell & Gilbert? Wrong season.

The odds are certainly stacked against us. And yes our offense stinks. However, I do have faith in the talent we have on our defense. We very well could create some turnovers and score points on defense.

Win a low scoring game. I'll believe .

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Lamar IS the Ravens offense. Without him, we have a chance to win a low scoring game like you said.

RG is no Lamar and our defense contained him better than any other team this year.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's not good enough for some delusional fans, they act like the Steelers should win the Super Bowl still with Duck and Mason starting this season :facepalm:. In addition to Tuitt gone, and JuJu, Conner not contributing much because of injuries.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens haven't suffered the amount of injuries the Steelers have, they had their starting QB healthy all season.

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Last year they did and still won the division, because of our annual meltdown ... lol
    Keep them coming ... this is fun

18. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Let's you and me both hope that when you turn it on the stories are about all the records Saquon Barkley set in that game!

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If you want to call last season a meltdown that's fine, this year I think it's the lack of talent on offense catching up with them, and not a meltdown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    For stealing his brother's playbook?

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Opinions are not facts. Facts tend to :bscow: on knee jerk opinions. Steelers biggest rival in recent history coming this Sunday. You smarter than all the bookies in Vegas? Should be a close game.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Colts have not had a good year player avaliablity wise.

23. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I added Brown, Bell and Gilbert just to make a point about how much offensive talent was lost between last season and this season. Off season losses of that caliber are difficult/impossible to overcome in 1 year

24. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Losing Andrew Luck is the equivalent of losing Ben, obviously, and you are correct that both are devastating.

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Connor injured?? Color me shocked!