1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Tomlin's not going to be coach of the year, but he's had a very good season. To have your HoF QB go down after 6 quarters and have to play musical chairs at the most important position all season and still be in playoff contention is doing the job. The schedule isn't that easy either. Based on opponents' record the Steeler's record is 7th hardest in the AFC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Same old shyte with Tomlin. Mediocrity at its finest. Cue the Tomlin apologists. But he's never had a losing season. Just look at the great coaching job he's done with all the injuries and adversity.

Enjoy your moral victories while not watching our team in the playoffs for the second year in a row.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Don't this meltdown feel just like last year ( even without AB or LB distractions)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey KnoxVegasSteel.

Sorry buddy, I know you do not care for "long" posts but man I am with you 100%. Another poster asked me a few weeks ago about why I was against Tomlin for the COTY. You get it, I get it, and so do others. It is the "Tomlin apologists" as you stated that do not now, nor ever will it seems.... get it.

Again blah, blah, blah, blah. The overcoming of adversity, injuries, departures etc. And as I always respond.... SO WHAT! Good leaders have contingencies plans to deal with the unexpected. However, he seems to continue with the "Square Peg-Round Hole Approach".

Finally, please do not get me started on last year's fiasco. Well you just did Knox. Once again, going down memory lane. We go into the second half of the season with a 2.5 game lead. We need just one more win to secure the division and playoffs. However, it does not happen. An epic "Meltdown". And there was number of games to choose from, that we were in control of but ending up losing. Even if we win the Browns tie game we were in. I know it is last year but it still burns my rear-end up. Tomlin, COTY....really. :lolol:

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep. Same story with Tomlin coached squads.

Remember a couple weeks ago when the Tomlin apologists were giddy because Tomlin went all "high school" drawing up plays in the dirt? Good God, we should be happy that Tomlin finally started coaching after 12 seasons? And all he's got are some high school football plays? What a joke.

6. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Assuming we finish 8-8 and limp into the playoffs due to Colts winning and Titans losing?

7. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Well, count me as a Tomlin Apologist cause I love the guy and believe he's done an incredible job this season. After Duck's second INT yesterday, Tomlin pulled him and Mason was getting the job done "before" he got injured. I believe if Mason had not been injured the Steelers would have won the game. It's incredible that the Steelers were in the position they were after all the devastating injuries. But you guys and your unrealistic expectations! I would love to see how well you perform your job while being severely handicapped.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If the raiders win sunday and we go 8-8 titans 8-8 raiders will be the 6 seed, and tomlin wont be coty.....

No. 6 AFC seed: The Raiders have a parlay they need to hit to make the playoffs. First, they need to win in Week 17. Then they need the Titans and Steelers to both lose. Finally, they need Colts to beat the Jaguars.12 hours ago

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nope. Was a long shot anyways

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If eagles win Division he will.

Media is really hyping that they beat Giants and Washington to stay alive.

11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Sorry. He won't. He needed to win out and win one playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought if they finished 10-6 that he deserved to win it, the way they're finishing up if it's 8-8 then no he shouldn't win it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So what even if they made the playoffs they weren't going to go far, it would be a accomplishment just to get there with Duck and Rudolph at QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There’s a whole thread on this subject already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No.
    If I got a vote, it would go to Shannahan

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If would have got this crew to 10-6 and a playoff spot, I would say yes. But it's a no for me. But this is still one of his better coaching years given the mounting injuries.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    The standard is the standard. Mediocrity is the standard. Embrace it. Yea! the steelers finished 8-8 and watching the playoffs at home. Own it!

19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    While he did better than expected, he's hardly COTY

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No way now. You can't lose to lousy teams like the jets and surrender control of your playoff destiny and be a coach of the year. He tried his best but the wheels fell off eventually. in my opinion he doesn't deserve coach of the year for two important reasons...

1. The coordinators on this team are garbage and that reflects on Tomlin. Despite injuries Fichtner showed no creativity or imagination in drawing up offenses to get the most out of the talent on the field. This team operated completely predictable and defenses never had to worry about defending more than 5 yards down field about 90% of the game. O-line drop off was massive this year with Munchak. Verdict is still out on Butler because I'm not sure how much of this defense was him or id Tomlin took over because our was a complete 180 from the last couple years.

2. I will never understand this team's failure to value special teams. How is mediocrity of punting, kicking, and kick returning just accepted year in and out. Berry was a huge part id or late implosion giving up horrible field position leading to punts this offense couldn't overcome. Despite having camp competition that its statistically better, Tomlin acts like there is value in having an inferior talent because you know it than to try and update to something better. Berry was not the main culprit but we definitely could have had better for sometime now.

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Who?

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:Get some new material bruh