1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Couple bright spots moving forward

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Dec 22, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    See some here think it is hating but I just call it the way I see it. Sometimes I am wrong and sometimes I am right. When I am wrong I have no problem admitting it. :smiley1:

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    bright spots....

Mason looked good while he was in, I hope the injury wasn't serious
    K. White looks good in the backfield, would like to see him get more snaps
    Boz is the best way to get points...what was his highest - 6 FGs in a game, he is our only scoring threat..only half joking

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Andrew Luck get real dude, Ben is under contract for over 30 million next year, and the Colts probably still hold the rights to Luck.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bright spots:
    You have 3 receivers
    Need a more dependable RB, Snell could be a nice backup
    Defense will only need a few pieces to add to it
    Need to replenish the OL

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If luck returns it will be as a Colt, they retained his rights and would have to sign off on him playing for another team via trade, which is unlikely. I would not be surprised to see him return at all btw.

Anyway, you are correct in that there is no money for a veteran backup QB, not while Ben is earning $ 30m plus. They’ll go with Ben and Mason as backup. I have not completely given up on Mason yet.

7. leonartist

leonartist Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Mincah with a offseason will be even better, the front 7 is top five and we have our pro bowl level kicker back. i would kick the tires on Mariotta and Fournette.

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'll say this as well. This team fought hard this year and really became a team. Plus you removed Bell and Brown from the equation. Ben better be ready to hit the ground running next year because I think the team will be. We'll add a couple pieces here and there and be ready for a run.

Yes, im being optimistic but this team under so much duress, did grow this year. A lot of players had to develop quick. New leadership is emerging.

Ben better be ready.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    TJ and Bud have combined for 24 and a half sacks this season. Very impressive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TXSteelerFan69

TXSteelerFan69 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Absolutely no to Landry Jones. That's what killed us at QB for so many years. We should have brought in an heir apparent to Ben a few years back.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben will get sacked 40+ times next year with this line and these receivers are not that good.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am a half full type. I actually like our
    roster. I think the OL needs addressed this year.
    multiple picks. I love JC but a RB will be needed. Steelers need to look at strong safety and OLB
    position.And above all they need to find an OC that is imaginative and
    can work with young QB's. (I know coach Randy as #7 calls him) ain't going nowhere with Ben
    scheduled to come back but at least bring in a QB coach than can coach up these young
    Qb's