1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 22, 2019.

1. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This, to me, is what sticks out. They practice all week with these players and the playbook. Is *this* what they show them all week? If so, then the coaching leaves a lot to be desired that they think they can head into Sunday against another NFL team playing like garbage on offense.

If it isn't, then what is happening from Friday-> Sunday when it comes time to play? Are our players just not smart enough to take what they practiced to gameday?

2. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    I agree with you.But to overcome sub par Qb play they need to establish something on the ground.Man the hell up and beat the guy in front of you.
    You have to find a way to protect these QBs....Should have been a priority all along

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah teams lose games. It happens to every team in the league. It's the nature of the beast.

Anyway keep hating bro.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Keep responding to my posts ...bro

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Not when you don't have a QB.....Take a look Ben's not under center

6. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe the Steelers are boycotting the playoffs, as a tribute to you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    It's extremely difficult to consistently over come sub-par QB play. There are reasons why tier 1 and tier 2 QBs get paid a lot of money.

That being said this team did it's best to over come subpar QB by playing good defense and by keeping games close. Turnovers are a killer for any team. They are even worse for this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mtsteelers3777

Mtsteelers3777 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    The centers have screwed the team a few times this year.
    Not just this game, but a few before...Both Pouncey and Finney

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    L
    LMAO.....

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Coming from a guy who thinks James Harrison is a traitor...lmao Who are you to ? someones fandom ?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our OC is a dud ...That little trap to White worked fairly well,, where in the hell was the trap pass off of it ? The Jets where crashing off the end and blitzing the middle the entire game .. We ran like 1 screen that I can remember with nice yards never to be seen again ...How many drives did we run,run, pass on ?? How many passes did we run where all the routes where all deep ...I could go on and on but he sucks...

• Like Like x 2
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    B.A 2 time coach of the year and we fire him , says it all

13. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I am not sure how anyone can pass judgement on the OC with the QB play they had this year? They are young at WR. Didn't have their starting RB for much of the season. Juju missed a lot of time also. I am not trying to make excuses but that's just reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well just one example is last week and it’s not the first time players have been confused(and commented) as to doing something they didn’t stress in practice. The RBs said they practiced for a run heavy scheme. They dressed 5 RBs then put the ball in the hands of a undrafted QB. Don’t know where the disconnect is but if you listen to some of the coaches can do no wrong crowd you won’t see a problem at all. It’s all the players fault...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I would switch Qb's every series and keep Tic Tac Dough DC guessing as much as possible. We did take Balt into OT last time. Hopefully defense is ok.

16. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The defense had only 2 sacks and forced only one turnover. They played well but that doesn't cut it when our offense is as bad as it is. We need them to get 4 or 5 sacks and force at least 3 turnovers or we can't win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Daylight trumps darkness, Darkness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The QBs are not good enough to consistently execute what they practiced.

19. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    That's a dangerous way to live in the NFL. Can only survive so that long with that formula. What this team can't afford are turnovers by the offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Football is the ultimate team sport. All three phases have to play well to give one's team a good chance to win the game. If even one of those plays poorly, the other two have to play out of their minds in order to win.

For the Steelers, this season has exemplified the latter statement. Against the Rams, it was Special Teams and Defense. Against the Cardinals, it was Offense and Special Teams. The Dolphins?! Offense and Defense.

Again, winning this way is only sustainable for so long. Have to win in all three phases; doubly so come the playoffs. Pittsburgh has not shown that consistently enough this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    upload_2019-12-22_17-29-36.jpeg
    you sure? choose your side wisely.....bwaaaahhhh!!,

22. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    My thoughts are conner is not full time starter cant stay and probaly never will. Juju is not a # 1 and brown did make him
    look better than he was( ben also helped). This oline is declining fast and played like **** most of year. Tomlin always has an excuse but back to back average years and the youth of this team I believe they need someone else in charge

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015

24. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    69 yards of total offense in the second half. Chew on that one.

25. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I get what you're saying, but that's just an unrealistic expectation. They gave up one TD today. That should be more than enough. Defensive, by definition, is about preventing the other team from scoring and they did that today. And last week. And all year long for the most part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1