1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 22, 2019.

1. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably both - they're living off their reputation, but they were in the bottom quarter of lines this year.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I give him a pass this season due to major injuries. I think he should kiss Ben's ass for making him look like an elite Coach all these years.

One thing for sure, only way Tomlin leaves this team is by his own accord.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Hard to complain about this team with what they've been through, the biggest head-scratcher today was the lackadaisical effort on 3 & 14 just before the 2 minute warning. Should have prepared or at least in Ducks ear telling him to go quickly and get the 3rd down snap off before the 2 minute warning instead of letting it run down to 2 minutes. It would've saved a timeout.

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If Mason doesn't get injured I believe they would have had a chance. Lots of decisions coming ahead.

TJ Watt is a man among boys. Hope he wins DPOY. He deserves it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Our OL is an issue and most notably LG.....

OL coach has to go first ........

Mason played well

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Once a young QB gets in to the team the opposition has tape on them and can game plan to make them uncomfortable and take away the things they are good at. Duck will never ‘develop’, he doesn’t have the arm talent. There is some hope for Rudolph but he has a lot to do.

The injury list this year on offence has been ridiculous. Ben, Juju, Conner, Vance, Pouncey all missing significant time, and even Rudolph’s concussion disrupted the season, he was doing well up to that point. Very hard to develop anything on offence when you have that kind of disruption in terms of personnel. It’s very frustrating, but understandable why they are not performing on offence.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Tomlin should be fired for the results the last 6-7 years. He did nothing this season to think make me think he’s a good coach.

The defense looks great. The rest of the team is garbage. We are sloppy and struggle to the most basic plays. Snapping the ball is an adventure for christ sake.

sure we have a ton of injuries this season. Last 6 seasons we’ve been healthy.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    We do not have our QB of the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, he did draw up some high school type defensive schemes in the dirt a few weeks ago that got everybody excited! Got to give him that credit.

In all seriousness, he did better than expected this year with what he had to work with. That being said, I have a hard time seeing any long-term positive momentum with him at the helm. He’ll probably be around for another 2-years, so love him or hate him, we all need to buckle up for some average football until the Rooney’s make a decision.

10. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Pick a god damn running back and play him.It obviously is not Conner,although I think he's the best,he just can't stay on the field.Samuels is a third down back.So Whyte or Snell need to be getting 25 carries! Pick one....Just like last week, game was there for the taking,and we can't get out of our own way on offense.Randy sucks bad

• Like Like x 1
  11. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    How did they do better than expected?

They beat Cincy twice, Miami, SD, Arizona, Cleveland at home, LAR at home (that's the only semi decent win) and the Colts. None of those teams are even alive week 17.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    If you’re going to have a down year, making it to 8-8 really does you no good. It screws you in the draft and hurts your chances to get better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There’s typically 3-4 times every game with this team that you can say they aren’t on the details. It’s been going on for years. Just today the incident you pointed to. Too many men on the field. Offsides on the punt. I’m probably leaving out another one or two.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    A lot of fans on here don't deserve playoffs. Not real fans anyways and closet Pats fans.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    It screws the Dolphins, since they traded their pick. About the only thing they did right this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup players make mistakes. Happens to every team around the league. Been happening in the league for years.

17. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    It's not just this season for me. It's been the last 8 or so years since we played in the last Super Bowl. The same problems, the same inconsistencies, the lack of preparedness, etc.

If they keep Tomlin, they need to find a new offensive coordinator. If Ben doesn't like it, he can retire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The main problem is at the QB position. OC's can't overcome poor QB play.

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Is that called Nurplebation?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Especially unprepared ones....

21. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Well it's a stretch to say the Steelers were unprepared considering the amount of games they won.

22. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I am not a Tomlin fan, just trying to give the guy a little credit with this debacle of a season....not much...that being said, him getting fired or leaving yesterday wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit.

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Who care abt the damn Doilphins lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s a stretch to say they sometimes weren’t considering how many games they lost either...

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The modern NFL is RB by committee. The days of a 30 carry work horse are dead.