1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the Steelers/Bills game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 16, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Our defense would eventually get tired from lack of offense and allow a good amount of points.

no evidence but just common sense there would be a higher probability of it happening vs it not happening just based on play.

But it’s football and who knows we can shutout the ravens for all we know.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Maybe school is not the right word. But I look at it this way, Balt averages 35 pts a game, if the D contains them and even gets a few turnovers and holds then 21 pts, that's still likely enough for Bal to win, given this offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They were probably worried about overworking Conner, but he only had 8 carries :facepalm:. Giving the ball to Samuels on running plays are a wasted down, throw the ball to him out of the backfield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Bills are simply a better team. I can see them getting to the AFC Championship... and they are capable of upsetting Ravens, Patriots and Chiefs. Steelers will be one and done if they make it. There's too many holes and missing pieces for a legitimate run.

5. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The Bills fans have had decades of misery. One sitting next to us introduced himself and immediately started singing the praises of the Steeler's Organization and Fans and the fact that this is the first prime-time game in his memory that actually meant something for the Bills. He and his 3 buddies stood and roared the whole game, I kind of felt sorry for them...the underdog you can root for??? Nah, I have no voice today as a result of last nights mess. I did wish them well in NE this coming weekend. But... the Bills fans did represent last night. Was one of if not the loudest I can recall in my 30 years of attending home games. Not as loud as we were last week in Phx, didn't get my voice back till Wednesday

• Like Like x 2
  6. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Not blaming the defense, but they aren't blameless here.

10-10 to start the 4th and the D allows the Bills to drive 70 yards to win the game. If the D holds on 3rd and goal at the 15, it's no worse than 13-10 and the Steeler offense drove into FG in the 4th at the 2 min warning.

Add to giving away at least 3 points (maybe more) with the stupid wildcat RB/WR handoff, and you have more than enough to win.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I suppose you want to blame that on the coaching too, Darkness. Like they're in charge of in-game player personnel or something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The defense played winning football. If we had a half decent quarterback we would have one that game.
    Not that I am again Duck, but he is what he is. He shouldn't of been put in the situation of throwing the ball some 38 times. The defense gave the offense to put this game away.

9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

This is what we do weeks 8-11 MR threw for 36-35-38 & 44........and then many wanted the Duck including myself. It isn't about the QB as much as it is about the OC not helping these young guys. jmo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Watched the Bills versus the Ravens, it was even close, Ravens defense manhandled the Bills all day. The do have a better chance against the Pats, and Chiefs

11. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    e
    Agreed. Ultimately the issue will continue to be an offense that lacks playmakers at rb (Conner is good, not great) and qb. I like our receivers but they aren’t the kind to turn garbage into gold

12. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    1. Slip into the playoffs
    2. ???
    3. Profit

• Like Like x 1