1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pro Bowl Voting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by chuckie_os, Dec 16, 2019.

1. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not sure if this should go here or in General talk, but here is the latest Pro Bowl votes.

Glad to see we have 6.. and I was shocked to see Matakevich as the leading ST player for AFC..

Does anyone have a few snubs??

For me it is:
    TE: Kelce over Andrews
    CB: Gilmore over Peters

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    :puking2:

Pro bowl is officially a farce. Has been for some time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    True statement. I just watch to see the beautiful Island shots fading in and out of commercials. Arena Football is more exciting (you listening Kurt Warner?) :thumbs_up:

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

This is surprising to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same here.

Even if sacks became an official stat since 1982, I would have thought the likes of Kevin Greene or even James Harrison would have eclipsed that mark. Truly odd.

Either way, congrats T.J.!! Well earned!! :steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Regarding the Pro Bowl, concur with both CityNB and Mojave. Pro Bowl is a joke overall. Way too passive with the rules overall and not enough excitement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Pouncey and Mata don't deserve votes

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Agreed. I believe 2 weeks ago JuJu was leading all WRs. What a far e that would have been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Von Miller doesn't deserve to make it, or Beckham as a reserve.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Popularity contest

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Bingo!

Maybe my shortest post ever.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Hey East Side Kid

Hahahaha
    I knew you could do it.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Fans should not be allowed to vote for Pro Bowl. Let current/retired players and coaches decide using stats. Pouncey and Von Miller are not mediocre players by any stretch.... but they were average this year and did not deserve Pro Bowl.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yeah, it was tough man but I did it (smile). On another note, I think a few days ago you asked me in another post about the COTY and what I think should constitute the winning of the award. If you remember, and it is not too much trouble, let me know so I do not have to go digging around for it. Thank you in advance. If it was, I apologize for not getting back to you right away. I still have it on my to do list because I do have an opinion about the award. I will try to get it done. If it was not you I apologize but I will probably respond to it anyway.

One thing about me, I was a Computer Teacher who built online classes for students for many years. Given that, and Message/Discussion Boards, I really try to reply to anyone who took the time to reach out to me. Here, I know it is more of a recreational thing but still my priorities remain the same.

I guess here, as well as work, I just feel it is courteous to respond. The only time I will not respond here is if someone is trying to "bait" me into something that is complete nonsense and that is their personal agenda. No reason to waste my oxygen or time is my philosophy. Given that, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Overall, I have only been on the board here for a few months but as an onlooker for years. For the most part, everyone has been pretty cool. After awhile you get a gage on who is who and what kind of thread or post he/she is going to put up. Take care.

15. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Haven't watched a pro bowl game for along time. It belongs after the SB and yea, I agree, its a joke anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It wasn't me Steelwinds, I'm a Tomlin apologist.
    Kudos to responding to your post reactions. All types on this board, black n' gold glasses wearers, haters, Brownsgals, Raven fans, Brees worshippers, one Cowboy fan that loves Ben, and some insightful Steeler fans. Best Steeler board out there.

Edit: almost forgot, and a doomsday orator that is confused by our new look Steelers.

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yeah man. It takes all kinds to make the world turn as the saying goes. No different here. I guess in a sense that is one of the beauties of a message board. A nice diverse collection of personalities, opinions and maybe the best part....temperaments, etc. You get the point (smile). I think Freud would have a field day here, in a good way. And that includes analyzing me too.

I do not know if you are a Tomlin fan or not. Does not matter to me for what I am about to say next anyway. As I said, I try to reply to everyone that reaches out to me. Given that, I am about to reply to a poster (I will not say who) that is a Die-Hard Tomlin Fan. I mean Tomlin can do no wrong in this person's eyes. He/She never agrees with anything I say but has always been respectful. That is all I ask for.

In that regards, I was a Tomlin fan during his first five years. However, to me as the layers were being peeled away year by year (AKA Cowher's players leaving) it became apparent to me that Tomlin was the beneficiary of inheriting a good team. Similar to what Switzer did for the Cowboys and Siefert for the Forty-Niners, and that is win a Super Bowl. In that regards, Tomlin did what was expected of him and for that I give him credit. So let me see what he/she is yacking about.

Wait hold on while I check. I just checked. Yes, again he/she disagreed with my position on a Tomlin issue as I suspected. Deflecting the blame regarding the issue to everyone except Tomlin. I wish I could predict the lottery that easy. I probably would not be on the board if I could (smile). Have a great night Roonatic and take care.

18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You rang? :herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    i don't know but I'm voting Zach Banner into the pro bowl...