1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some clown parked next to me at Lowes,,,,,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by trigyyz, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A couple of cars ago I had a BMW X3 twin turbo that was made in South Carolina. That was an awesome vehicle. A 300 HP rocket sled that was built like a tank. I miss it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I’ve always bought American, but got into an accident in my Silverado in October and still haven’t got it back. Because of the strike, part replacement is delayed up to 4 months! If any of you are UAW, I’m salty with you.

Yeah, I went there....being without my 1500 is depressing

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If your employer was making record profits and yet wanted you to take a pay cut would you be happy with that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I’ve had pay cuts and been laid off, I don’t strike or ***** about it, or worse impact my customers. I don’t want to turn this into a union pro/con thread, but let’s just say I’m not a fan.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    There are definitely issues with some unions. We have a union where I work in the manufacturing portion and they are decent. My in-laws both worked most of their adult career years and retired from GM. The best example that she gave me regarding how a union helps is one day production was behind and the non-union supervisor asked that she reach into the machine (she was a die maker) to expedite things. She refused as that was against both common sense and safety protocols. He persisted and she told him to go talk to the union rep. Now if there had been no union, she could have been fired. She would have had to get a lawyer to fight it and probably win in that situation due to the OSHA regulations but that would have been all on her to do. That all being said, some unions do have issues because people gonna people sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Should have left a note on the windshield of each teams record and Super bowl count!!!

8. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Funny thing!!! The Browns visited the Arizona Cards this past Sunday my wife and I were at a Walmart standing at the check out line and in front of us was a Browns fan and his son. They were buying poster board and sharpie pens to make a sign. I made a comment to my wife "man that guy is raising his son wrong teaching him to be a brownies fan" they suck!!! She did not share in my humor and replied: will everyone likes the team they like and everyone should respect that and be good sports about it!!! Needless to say my wife does not get into all the back and forth redirect of Football she's a level headed person!!! I'm a fanatic!!! :thumbs up:

9. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
  10. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I kind of agree, but when the Browns became the Ravens the original rivalry shifted..and over those years has not disappointed. The new Browns were like the Ravens little brothers. Always talking tough, always wanting to be like..or better than the Big bro. In that context is has always been more fun for me to watch little bro continually getting the snot kickced out of him by big bro's most heated enemy. One day they will likely get it right, but this year has been especially gleeful.

11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If he lived in 'frisco he could have easily left something more meaningful.

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My family owns a dealership and a body shop it was and is still a nightmare.

13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not until they made better cars. I am in year 16 with my 4 Runner and its just breaking in as compared to having 4 American cars (Dodges/Pontiacs) that fell apart in about the same time. Fact.. I would prefer to buy American but how could I possibly do that with the history that I just mentioned?

14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I think everyone makes good cars anymore. I'm downing Toyota and Nissan they even have plants in America. Truth be told there isn't a totally American made vehicle anymore. If there was it be even more expensive than they already are now.

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    You weren't. It would like getting AB lite with a touch of Bell. I am waiting for a poster to raise the question in another " can we get him" post.

16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Sounds like she needs to go to a Steelers at Browns game and see how level headed their fans are there. They wear shirts that have F bombs on them around everyone including kids. That would give some perspective of what you did.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    could have been worse....

. it.jpg

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    No, the xterra is licensed to Saint Lars, from the UK. Saint Lars is the patron saint of stray dogs.

19. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nissans made in Kentucky Einstein

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nah, that’s me. I have 4 stray dogs in my house and a stray cat.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    So a Browns fan wine to the trouble of obtaining a license plate about a rival team?!?!

I frankly think this is the greatest compliment possible. Imagine driving every day with a license plate about a rival. Talk about renting space in this guy’s head. The Steelers own the Browns and their fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Chill it was a joke and Nissan’s headquarters is in Japan
    Formerly Datsun
    Just got a plant in Kentucky

Thank you for your Einstein comment much appreciated