1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Very Weak teams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 16, 2019.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    We’ve beat very weak pathetic teams!

Bangles 2 times
    Miami
    Arizona
    Chargers
    Browns
    Colts
    Rams

lost

Buffalo
    New England
    Seattle
    Baltimore
    Cleveland

If you people with boners look closely. We are a very bad team playoffs or not. We’d get schooled by the chiefs anyway! Tomlin is still bad, our offence suck and our def is probably playing over their heads.

Most of all our 2 great QB’s cannot throw past 5 yards with accuracy!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Colts Rams & Browns sometimes are strong

Super Bowl bound baby!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    pre-2019 complaint: Tomlin always loses to bad teams!
    2019 complaint: We only beat bad teams!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 15
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Virtually every top team can claim a similar "pathetic" record when you compare stats:

Patriots beat very weak pathetic teams!

Jets 2 times
    Miami
    Browns
    Pgh
    Giants
    Philly
    Dallas
    Buffalo*

lost

Baltimore
    KC
    Houston

* Interesting, NE beat Buffalo 16-10, an almost identical score to Buffalo over Pgh 17-10.

5. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Pre- 2019 complaint; We should beat the bad teams by 50 points.

2019 complaint; Tomlin should won coach of the year because we beat very bad teams on the final minutes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You can’t play down to competition, when you are worse ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah but of the 4 of the 6 losses where one score or less.

But a lot of the wins were by one score or less too.

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    We have been very fortunate to have such a weak schedule thus allowing TOMLIN to look better than he is. He still sucks. 8-8 will be celebrated and to a degree going 8-8 with this team is semi impressive. This offense is the worst in the NFL currently

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Have to agree. With even the Bengals getting Dalton back. Our offense is worst than theirs.

10. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't know how anyone looks at our offense and thinks the coaches have held this team back. That the Steelers have a winning record and are still in a playoff position is remarkable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you act like we are an elite team lol. that 8-6 record is remarkable, especially with those close losses

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not really sure what the expectation is. The team's starting qb is an undrafted free agent who was cut coming out of camp who was picked up by no one and sitting on his couch in Alabama ten days later when he was resigned to the practice squad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You ding dong you can only play who is scheduled.
    How about the niners losing to the lowly Falcons?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A quick look at the Steelers starters on offense shows that we have been lucky to beat the 'bad' teams.

15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

Well, you know how this goes. As I analyze our losses, and yes they were all close, except for the Patriots, many of us would be whistling a different tune around here. And maybe, righteously so. We would be in 1st place if we would have won those games which were very feasible. However, we did not. "So, it is what it is". For the record, I really hate that expression but it is applicable at times, like now.

What bothers me about the losses is that three of them, which were under Mason, were all lost because of blunders by veteran players not Mason's fault at all IMO: JuJu, Connor and Moncrief all screwed up in one way or another. All of these blunders were turnovers that definitely changed the outcomes of the games. We can point back to similar outcomes from last year which still bothers me with our 2.5 game lead going into the 2nd half of the year and we had a complete meltdown and blew the division lead and ended up not making the playoffs. That one is on the coaching staff IMO. Either way just "Disgusting" as I say and totally unacceptable.

As has been said by many, most close games are usually decided by a play here or there. That is true for this year's both for Ws and Ls. Yes, our team is not "elite" as you stated but too me, we have "Underachieved" actually IMO just for the reasons I stated above. Again, unacceptable mistakes, at the most inopportune times, cost us at least three games this year. Take care.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The expectation has been, is, and always will be to win. Things will go wrong and its the organization's responsibility to figure out a way to overcome adversity and put a winning product on the field. .

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Great post! I’m glad someone finally had the guts to come up with some original and post it. Hats off to you.

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah but at least they don't have any of those freakin' ties this year. That sure played havoc with all the numerologist fanatics around here. :rolleyes:

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I look at this team and have literally no idea how they could possibly 8-6. This is worst offensive roster the Steelers have fielded since the 80's. Guys are coming off of other teams practice squads and playing significant snaps. We were in a position to win every single game except 1. To look at our team, and then call any other team weak is crazy to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There are only teams with bad records. Even the teams with bad records can win vs any team. I am not so sure why people don't understand this concept after all these years of watching the games?

The Steelers live dangerously every week regardless of the opposition. For evident reasons, it's the way they are built this year. The appear to have the capabilities to win vs anyone and lose vs anyone. They had chances vs the Bills. Unfortunately they couldn't find a way to win vs the Bills even with the turnovers they committed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cheats actually used their rbs on top of knowing the signals, Popcorn was playing smear the queer.

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Even if we managed the win a championship with this injury-riddled roster, there are some fans who hate Tomlin so much that they’d be waving their pitchforks the next day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

This is why I am not down with that Tomlin for COTY talk. It is the head administrator's job (in this case Tomlin) with the help of his "Think Tank" to figure all of this out. Okay so we are 8-6 and in playoff contention. I get the parts about injuries, departures and other distractions. So what, bosses deal with adversity on a daily basis: School Principals, Fortune 500 CEOs, etc.

Given that, Tomlin must deal with the cards that he has been dealt. In fairness to Tomlin, I have not heard him use any of these reasons as excuses for our record, at least not publicly. Nor should he with his mantras of: The next man up. and The standard is the standard. Obviously, he recognizes it and in his eyes is probably doing the best that he can. Of course, there are going to be many, many critics like some of us here. So what again! We as fans are entitled to that.

We could easily be 8-6 with B-B-B still playing. I too expect a "winning product" as you do. Especially, from a top-notch organization such as the Steelers. I actually expect to win the Super Bowl, Seriously! If we can get all of our "O" weapons back healthy (and I think they are a pretty good group in unison, IMO). Now, throw in our new and improved "D" and the one remaining factor, and I know it is probably the biggest, get the QB situation figured out. If the "O' and the "D" can uphold their ends of the bargain, why can't the coaching staff get the QB into the most advantageous position possible to be successful. Not spectacular just successful.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I don't really wave my pitchfork. I usually raise it up and slam the butt end down on the ground. Sometimes I raise it high above my head while shouting. But I get what you're saying, regardless. ;)