1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Duck sucks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 16, 2019.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but that’s his mentality. He has a nothing to lose attitude because it’s basically all or nothing. He’s not worried about his draft status or his future at the QB position because he’s playing with house money and didn’t expect to be here. So I don’t think anything went to his head, it’s just where his head is at....JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Duck shouldn't have been trying to throw to the side White was covering.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Well one thing is clear, the Steelers need to get a veteran qb in here next season to back up #7 and maybe start for him when he retires.

4. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    This team is going to go down the tubes for a very long time. IF we ever draft the next great franchise quarterback, many of the players we have now, will not be on the team or as talented/young when, our new QB finally develops. We will cycle down at offensive power while our defense is good and by the time a QB becomes worthy, our defense will be old or dismantled. And not a coach on this team has the talent to make it all work. For all you Ben haters, " how do you like him now ?" Two or four more seasons, if the Rooneys are smart, you won't see any of our coaches on the Steeler sidelines. Due to age or contracts that goes for players like Heyward, Haden, Pouncey, Foster, Hilton, Nelson to name a few.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Who? We do not have the cap money to invest much. There are maybe 15 'quality' starters in the NFL. A couple of teams have Ok back ups, but most are journeymen who will manage a good game or two, then make fans tear their hair out. This team is not going to get much with the amount they can pay. While Duck was in over his head, the entire offensive game plan we offensive..and has been. They are rotating backs in and out without anyone able to get in a rhythm. it is one thing to expect players to execute the plays...but the plays themselves and the timing calls of these plays are what need executed.

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Putting players in a position to succeed. Didn’t we say the same thing about the defense for years? Now that we have top notch talent on D we are seeing success. Can we afford to wait for the offensive talent to be on par or should we be trying to find a OC who can make something more out of less? We need to overachieve on O while this D is playing very well. I’m talking the next year or two. Especially so if Ben doesn’t come back. We can’t afford to wait to attain the same level of offensive players we now have on D or we will be in for a vicious cycle. Very rarely are even championships teams complete on both sides. Coaching needs to step up to make the O complement this defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am not disagreeing with you..but this team made heavy investments in Ben, Pouncey, and to a lesser extent Foster last year. We have no cap room, when the yearly increase is added next year, when cuts and moves are made say we get to 30 million. Where do you spend it? 3 key D players are up for contracts...Hargrave, Eli, and Bud..we are not going to keep all 3, but just signing 2 is going to cost a lot (if we are able). I think Ryan Kirkpatrick signed for 5 to 7 mill (a one year deal I believe). The Titans took a chance and it paid off, how many quys are out there and how much will it cost?

We have nothing to trade, and with a limited draft selections have to start filling OL, TE, Dline, just for depth and future starters.

8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Don’t forget BJ Finney and Feiler are out of contract at the end of the year as well and will need to be signed or replaced. That $30m could easily be spent just retaining depth and keeping one of Bud or Hargrave. Hilton is gone after this season imo.

You are right, there is no money for a quality backup QB when Ben is costing $33.5m a season

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m not disagreeing with you either. I think the point I’m trying to make is we need to be able to do more with less. We couldn’t do it on D when the O was a strength and it lead to disappointing endings to our seasons. Now it seems we are headed down the same path. I don’t have confidence that our current OC is the right man for the job when he doesn’t even understand a run/pass ratio like @AskQuestionsLater referred to. Putting our young QBs in a constant position to fail is inexcusable. Does MT see what is going on? I thought he was a fundamentalist, a game of “attrition “ type coach? Yet he endorsed this game plan. Dress 5 RBs for what 15 carries? Mind boggling stuff if you ask me.
    Any QB especially our young guys needs a professional OC. From most of the things I’ve seen from RF...he is not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Mason Rudolph that I saw at the beginning of the year would give the Steelers a better chance to win but the last time we saw him against the Bengals he seemed totally shaken and scared to death to make a decision. I would stay with Hodges for now because his mistakes aren't because he is scared it is because he just isn't very talented and the coaching staff has to adjust to that. Running the ball 3 times and punting is a heck of a lot better than turning the ball over. Having Duck drop back and pass against the Bills defense 42 times and running the ball 15 times was insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Never really realized until now how good big Ben is I hope he can do one more year with this defense and a little offensive help if we can get fumbles Connor and fumbles Schuster to play together for a whole year I guess just one more year don’t do an Eli Heal up well Ben

12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    GO DUCK, I still have faith.

:herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What the Duck!!!! OMG he well respond and beat the Jerks !!!!:hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Ben was good because he could extend the plays and had an accurate strong arm. He was never X’s and O’s guy. He always had the luxury of great skill players, Plaxico, Hines, Sanders, Heath, Antonio, Bettis, Leveon.

Duck and Mason had Washington who would be a third receiver on most teams, and a rookie and whole slew of practice squad players.

They also have had a terrible o-line. Give both a chance.

Ben cannot extend plays anymore and his arm strength might be suspect after surgery. He’s never going to be Ben of old.

15. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    How quickly the mob turns :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Depends on if Berry actually performs a real punt and not a shank or cloud shaver. In those cases, having Duck try to chuck it long and it gets intercepted isn't all that bad. What kills us most is not having sustained drives and having our D on the field too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Amazing how fast some fans turn on a player after a performance..... let's not forget that Duck was throwing to the likes of Tevin Jones and Deon Cain.... against a playoff contending team. While his INT's were disappointing, we were still in the game at the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The kid is 3-1 as a starter. Yea he sucks. Good thread.:rolleyes::cool:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    is eli manning available? lol

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It was a reaction to the Bills game duh, and he did suck :shrug:. He was throwing ducks (pun intended) on those 4 ints.

22. Toughtown

Toughtown Active Member

Dec 2, 2015
  23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Don't know about his career, so I won't speculate.

The Bills defense is NOT elite. Not close. They are solid up front and have a good secondary. They haven't beat ANYONE! Without a turnover in the redzone and better coaching on defense, we beat them by 14.

WR's had separation. Throws weren't accurate and Duck had tunnel vision.

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    He's washed up like Ben and Philip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you're not kidding.

rivers 21 td's 18 picks
    manning 6 tds 5 picks
    ben 0 tds 1 int 66 rating lol