1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit to Boswell!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel the Win on Sunday, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't know if this has been talked about enough with all the craziness of the season, but Chris Boswell has been one of the MVPs. Absolutely clutch on kicks, and has been money on the kickoffs as well with great placement. A stellar turn-around on par with any of the great stories this season. Kudos to him and wishing much success for the rest of the season!

• Like Like x 4
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree that he has been solid this season. Must have been dinged up last year and wasn't admitting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah man we sure know enough about bad kicking and with Boz coming off a bad season it is nice to see him turn it around. Defense is carrying us but if you are going to have a struggling offense like we do having a good kicker is super important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I believe a kicker is always the person that scores the most points every season.

5. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think they said he was kicking with a significant groin injury most of last season. It is great that he was able to come back though, remember Shaun Suisham, after he got hurt in the preseason he was never the same. So it is a good think Boswell was able to overcome that. I'd say he only has 1 miss as the one he missed against the Browns was Berry's fault as he botched the snap.

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, I'm really glad to see him bounce back like this after last season. Glad to have him on the team.

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Don't you all jinx him now. He was fine and now I fear he will start shanking because of this. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I thought that he was mentally shot and his career was over last year but he had a successful pre-season and has been money all season. With the margin of error being minimal in most Steeler games we are going to need him to make a lot of clutch kicks in these last 3 games.

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm not reading this! I'm not reading this! LA LA LA LA LA LA I'm not reading this!

10. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah, funny how confidence level makes a difference. He was basically the reason why we didn't make the playoffs last season, but has been very good for us this season. Certainly one of the bright spots in a very "team building" type season

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Cris Boswell had a Grade 2 Tear on his groin all season in 2018. This means that, somewhere along the line within the 2018 campaign, it is possible he suffered a Grade 1 Tear but when exactly is largely an unknown. For me, Cris' performance had never been in question and I assumed he was playing injured all last season.

This season proved those who were suspicious of his injury correct. Now healthy, Cris Boswell is back and better than ever. That said, he does deserve an honorable mention among the Steelers MVPs. Heck, he is by far the Steelers Comeback Player of the Year.

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. OP should delete this thread. LOL.

Every team needs a reliable kicker. What a huge relief to not have this position to worry about.

13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Steelers comeback player of the year or league Comeback player of the year? Who in the league is more deserving?

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    He sucks. We’ll crush him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Travis Frederick would get my vote. However, it would have to be Darren Waller of the Oakland Raiders. Nevermind him overcoming his inner demons but this has been his most productive year yet. Three Touchdowns will not wow anyone for a season but having 72 receptions as a Tight End will turn some heads for certain.

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    To go against my better judgement, I will agree and feel Boz is having a great year so far. Glad we stuck with him.